Boro v Wall- Match thread

Funny reading comments on here about a shit pre-season and how they were a yardstick for future games for the coming season...Needn't have your knickers in a twist.
I didn’t think we had that bad a pre-season, just that personally I was concerned about Hutch and Long (and to a lesser degree Cooper), but yesterday’s game allayed my fears about that CH partnership, and maybe they just felt much more confident having a new, decent goal keeper behind them?

Funny reading comments on here about a shit pre-season and how they were a yardstick for future games for the coming season...Needn't have your knickers in a twist.
Same every year…. Trouble when the armchairs haven’t a clue. It’s called pre season for a reason. It means fuck all… just getting a bit of air in the lungs and piecing together what the starting line up looks like game 1. And it worked…. We looked superb yesterday despite playing with wingbacks, despite old slow central defenders, despite a manager who hasn’t got a clue blah blah and against a side on their manor who are one of the favourites to go up.

And we are only going to get better as the players gel….

COYL

Same every year…. Trouble when the armchairs haven’t a clue. It’s called pre season for a reason. It means fuck all… just getting a bit of air in the lungs and piecing together what the starting line up looks like game 1. And it worked…. We looked superb yesterday despite playing with wingbacks, despite old slow central defenders, despite a manager who hasn’t got a clue blah blah and against a side on their manor who are one of the favourites to go up.

And we are only going to get better as the players gel….

COYL
This. Been embarrassing some of the stuff written about pre season kickabouts

The fly on the wall report on the OS is well worth a watch for MillwallTV subscribers. Decent footage of the match highlights and goal, plus celebrations at the end. Commentators going for Shark-itch pronunciation.

I know it's only one game in but we looked much better than last year. Defence looked solid, but the thing I thought most striking was that the players seemed to have more confidence. They didn't just blast the ball anywhere when under pressure. Decent passes finding our own men. With better finishing up front could have been embarrassing for Boro. Just need to be consistent with the effort and performances and we'll do OK.

Members online