Birmingham v Wall match thread- 12.30 kick off

Decent away point considering the current form of both teams.

My only gripe was the introduction of Longman, plenty of time for him to become up to speed with GR's game plan and feel at home with the squad etc and thought Emakhu would have been a better option on form.

Think this division will take sometime to settle down, if it ever does. Know its only half time but six fingers ones getting beat at Rovrum 😂, Leicester losing at home along with the baggies, and Ipshit.
Consistency more than ever will get you promoted this particular season. IMHO

Decent away point considering the current form of both teams.

My only gripe was the introduction of Longman, plenty of time for him to become up to speed with GR's game plan and feel at home with the squad etc and thought Emakhu would have been a better option on form.
GR did that to change to a back 4, and put an extra man in midfield. Campbell was that extra man, and it worked. Brum were much less dangerous after he came on.
Had Murray not been injured, I think he would have remained at left back.

GR did that to change to a back 4, and put an extra man in midfield. Campbell was that extra man, and it worked. Brum were much less dangerous after he came on.
Had Murray not been injured, I think he would have remained at left back.

Decent result. Watched Mitchell today, he takes a lot of stick but he does a lot in middle of pitch breaking up play and being in space to take passes. Think him and saville compliment each other pretty well
But do they complement each other? 😉

I’m not so sure 🤔

A decent point away to an in form side.

What a difference in our team when we play two up top, think the lad Harding was great today he had to step into some big shoes when Hutch went off and did very well. In Nisbett we have a gem, good old fashioned striker who knows where the goal is as does Bradshaw who must have two hearts with the amount of works he gets through in a game, give these two service and they will get plenty of goals.

The downside, Flemming needs to be dropped his head has gone since the transfer rumours and Coopers hands need to be tied behind his back he is hands first on every challenge he makes which will eventually cost us, his decision making is also suspect he was clearly first to the ball and stopped so Cerkic had no choice but to go for the ball and conceded the penalty.
When Rowett switched to one up top to try and defend the draw i feared the worst but we held on.

All in all a satisfactory result.

A decent point away to an in form side.

What a difference in our team when we play two up top, think the lad Harding was great today he had to step into some big shoes when Hutch went off and did very well. In Nisbett we have a gem, good old fashioned striker who knows where the goal is as does Bradshaw who must have two hearts with the amount of works he gets through in a game, give these two service and they will get plenty of goals.

The downside, Flemming needs to be dropped his head has gone since the transfer rumours and Coopers hands need to be tied behind his back he is hands first on every challenge he makes which will eventually cost us, his decision making is also suspect he was clearly first to the ball and stopped so Cerkic had no choice but to go for the ball and conceded the penalty.
When Rowett switched to one up top to try and defend the draw i feared the worst but we held on.

All in all a satisfactory result.
Agree about Coops decision making. He should have cleared the ball

I’ll leave you lot to label him and I guess it begins with ‘c’ 😉

Birmingham manager John Eustace told BBC Radio WM:

"It's great credit to the group. They've been outstanding since we came in. A lot of players have come in and we are a work in progress.

"Today was the first time we've been behind, so we showed great character to come back.

"I think we were the better team on the day and I'm disappointed not to get all three points."

Decent result. Watched Mitchell today, he takes a lot of stick but he does a lot in middle of pitch breaking up play and being in space to take passes. Think him and saville compliment each other pretty well
According to Karl on Millwall TV, Hutch and Mitchell were #1 & 2 for interceptions in the C'ship.

And no, I don't have a pie chart, bar chart or any other type of chart

Earnt a point today. Leonard was very good. Wallace had a good first half which was an added bonus. Not sure why we took off Nisbet towards the end, but there's no gripes from that today. 2 out of the next 3 at home look winnable.

Earnt a point today. Leonard was very good. Wallace had a good first half which was an added bonus. Not sure why we took off Nisbet towards the end, but there's no gripes from that today. 2 out of the next 3 at home look winnable.

Think Nisbet took a knock mate. When he was walking off he seemed to be saying to the bench that he’d rolled his ankle or something.

2 out of the next 3 at home look winnable.
Was saying to a mate that no game in this division is a given. It's so competetive and unpredictable. You can be fifth one week then lose two on the spin and end up in the bottom half of the table.

The fact that we can hold our own in a division where money talks is a real achievement in itself. What the likes of Stoke can spend on one player is nearly equivalent to our total spend. We lay out on average just over £2 million per season on incomings.

We've really pushed the boat out this season and have done around £5 million. Our squad value is much less than 17 other teams. It's only the likes of Rotherham, Plymouth, Sheff weds that have cheaper assembled squads.

Although we don't spend huge amounts on players fees we do pay quite well when it comes to wages. I suppose getting those bargains for a low outlay allows us to pay wages as near to the going rate as FFP will allow us. We along with Coventry have the smallest sized squads. We're four players off the average sqaud size. Most teams have between 26 and 30 players whilst we have around 23.

We are an established championship side now and all achieved on a shoestring budget. It really is quite commendable how our club is run in such a money orientated league.

Members online