Birmingham v Wall match thread- 12.30 kick off

That was a proper big boys game and we took an excellent point from a very tidy team (on their their turf as well). If people think we are just going to roll up like a Circus at an inform teams gaff and pull off a load of tricks for the whole game, without any response, are in for a long, nine months. This is the Championship and a very decent looking one it is this season (including us...).

At times we moved the ball around well and looked very solid. The last couple of games now looks like we might be getting back to being a tough nut to crack. Player wise, GR has a decent amount of options available. I get the feeling it might be a while before Esse will be a regular starter in this team.

With all that has gone on, both on and off the pitch these last few weeks, a welcome two week break is coming up now and a chance for the new players to get familiar with the feel of the squad and the club, and of course, it will help out with the injuries.

A decent days work at the office, I reckon.
COYL

Wish they'd get the crosses in lower for nesbit and Bradshaw to pick up rather than the same old balls,, that short corner at Middlesbrough out of the blue caused chaos. We've got the fox's in box type players now utilise them.

That was a proper big boys game and we took an excellent point from a very tidy team (on their their turf as well). If people think we are just going to roll up like a Circus at an inform teams gaff and pull off a load of tricks for the whole game, without any response, are in for a long, nine months. This is the Championship and a very decent looking one it is this season (including us...).

At times we moved the ball around well and looked very solid. The last couple of games now looks like we might be getting back to being a tough nut to crack. Player wise, GR has a decent amount of options available. I get the feeling it might be a while before Esse will be a regular starter in this team.

With all that has gone on, both on and off the pitch these last few weeks, a welcome two week break is coming up now and a chance for the new players to get familiar with the feel of the squad and the club, and of course, it will help out with the injuries.

A decent days work at the office, I reckon.
COYL
Amen brother. And you're quite right, this is a very tough league this season. But hey lets shit on our performance and pick holes without looking at the facts. I bet he's a right fucking laugh at a party.

Can you put me back on ignore now please. A point away to a team that's unbeaten and you want to pick holes in what was a hearty battling display. A disallowed goal that you just fucking dismiss so you can dig out Rowett again.

Please hit the ignore button so the rest of us can savour the point.
Blokes a tool. Got to ignore these arm chair supporters that expect 3 points every week.

Better than kick in the bollox. They scored in injury time in there last two homes so a point don't look to shabby all in all.
True. And really don't think they hurt us late on. Shots from distance which were well wide of the goal. We handled them ok I feel. I liked the couple of hard challenges from Harding when he came on. I thought we were capable of nicking it late on but happy with the point.

Think him and saville compliment each other pretty well
The pupil and the tutor is how i see that pairing. Billy can only benefit from having that wiley old head to talk him through the game. Have noticed them at the Den, Saville constantly in his ear encouraging and guiding. We miss savilles goals but have benefitted in another department. I think he's a great player, calm and assured. He's always at the ref too, he contests everything. He's very much tuned in and looks comfortable
Blokes a tool.
I always look at a result in context. As i said, they're unbeaten, we lose two of our main defenders, one who brings leadership and calm, the other an attacking threat and they miss a penalty. If Leonards goal stands we'd be more than likely celebrating a win against avery good side as it happens. A point away at any team in this league is a valuable one.

He had me on ignore cause he says he was being bullied. Fucking bliss all week and no one arguing. Then he decides i mustn't have been bullying him and takes me off ignore so he could see this thread and do what he always does. Drops his strides and takes a big shit all over it.

Other posters were having pops at him cause threy're fed up with it too. We can't be all wrong. Had a smile on my boat when the final whistle went but just like last week it was soon wiped away by Ron fucking manager and his fault finding mission after we take a point away from home against a team placed second in the league. If you can't enjoy that then you may as well knock it on the head and take up synchronised speed wanking instead.

Is that a point gained or 2 dropped?

Once again we shoot ourselves in the foot by being too lethargic when the 2nd half starts! Had we come out 2nd half as we had played in that 1st, I honestly think Brum wouldn’t have got back into the game!

As soon as Brum equalised, their tails were up and they started to play the way we did in the 1st half! Our crisp passing and moving seemed to go to pot, and we started hoofing the ball forward again!

Have to say I was baffled by Rowett’s choice of subs! Once again, no movement from the bench at 60 minutes, and all of our play was coming from the flanks. Someone like Emakhu would have been an ideal sub for this type of game, as he could have made runs through the middle and given the Brum defenders something else to think about! Instead he brings on Esse and our two new signings! I get that Campbell and Longman need game time, but do you really want to bring on players who aren’t totally fit, when you’re trying to find a winner with 20 minutes left to play?

Two points dropped on our 1st half display, a point gained for our 2nd half performance!
Don’t think we can leave our lethal weapon on the bench. Even for 20 mins Emakhu needs a run