What should the club do in the summer?

If Harris continues pulling out the kind of results he has been then why shouldn’t he be given the role for the foreseeable? I honestly don’t understand why these days our fans are constantly wanting a new manager and undermining the current one with their rather odd obsession about getting in a ‘young coach’ as if it’s a quick fire guarantee for success and silky football.

I don’t care how old or young the manager is, I don’t care about possession statistics or pass completion rates or any of that bollocks. I just want to go down there and see a side giving it a go, getting the ball forward and making it hard for the opposition. It seems that some fans still haven’t learned from the utter disaster that was Edwards who will in time go down as one the worst ever managers in our history.

I know what I would do if I was the club. I would look at sites like this and sift through social media and gauge what the opinions are and in what direction these fans suggest we should go. I would then do the complete opposite because as has been shown in the last year most people are totally clueless as to how to run a moderately successful championship football club on a limited budget.

No1, if he wants it. I thought he might be a short term appointment but now I'm not so sure.

He definitely looks up for it at the moment, his return has gone far better than any of us dared to believe, even the naysayers must be pleased with how it's turning out up to now, and I'm not counting any birds either just yet, but so far.....

I think that Alex Aldridge’s role is to scout for players from far and wide and then to suggest that they would fit into our club. The final decision about who to sign must lie with the manager and the chairman. Then the CEO negotiates with the players and their club a fee and then the salary we would offer. I don’t think Alex signs players.

If Harris continues pulling out the kind of results he has been then why shouldn’t he be given the role for the foreseeable? I honestly don’t understand why these days our fans are constantly wanting a new manager and undermining the current one with their rather odd obsession about getting in a ‘young coach’ as if it’s a quick fire guarantee for success and silky football.

I don’t care how old or young the manager is, I don’t care about possession statistics or pass completion rates or any of that bollocks. I just want to go down there and see a side giving it a go, getting the ball forward and making it hard for the opposition. It seems that some fans still haven’t learned from the utter disaster that was Edwards who will in time go down as one the worst ever managers in our history.

I know what I would do if I was the club. I would look at sites like this and sift through social media and gauge what the opinions are and in what direction these fans suggest we should go. I would then do the complete opposite because as has been shown in the last year most people are totally clueless as to how to run a moderately successful championship football club on a limited budget.

Exactly this. The 'Entertainment Brigade' are very hard to satisfy. Points and league position don't matter to them, it's silky passing that they desire.

I think that Alex Aldridge’s role is to scout for players from far and wide and then to suggest that they would fit into our club. The final decision about who to sign must lie with the manager and the chairman. Then the CEO negotiates with the players and their club a fee and then the salary we would offer. I don’t think Alex signs players.

Harris's job title of 'Head Coach' would seem to indicate that Aldridge is identifying and signing players - this is, after all, what a Director of Football does. One can only hope that given Harris' stature at the club, the chairman will veto signings that Harris doesn't want.

Harris's job title of 'Head Coach' would seem to indicate that Aldridge is identifying and signing players - this is, after all, what a Director of Football does. One can only hope that given Harris' stature at the club, the chairman will veto signings that Harris doesn't want.
Did Aldridge used to post on here or the Lee Owen version? I seem to think he did but I can't even remember what I had for breakfast today so I'm not the most reliable

Did Aldridge used to post on here or the Lee Owen version? I seem to think. he did but I can't even remember what I had for breakfast today so I'm not the most reliable

He did. I think he actually started this forum before the 'take-over'. I've no idea whether he's a decent Director of Football or not, but he has recommended and signed some good players for us. However, one of Harris's main assets is his stature within the club, and the respect he gets from the players. I just don't see how having a young Director of Football as his 'boss' is ever going to work.

Last edited:
I've always had my reservations (even in his successful first spell with us) about Neil's tactics and adaptability and his first 4 games back did nothing to change that view BUT I was impressed by his substitutions yesterday (y) and, consequently, will reserve my judgement for the time-being!
Caught me by surprise , it's quite possible that though many seem to think harris is limited in what can achieve, that he has become a better manager for experience, and no one can knock his commitment and desire for millwall

He did. I think he actually started this forum before the 'take-over'. I've no idea whether he's a decent Director of Football or not, but he has recommended and signed some good players for us. However, one of Harris's main assets is his stature within the club, and the respect he gets from the players. I just don't see how having a young Director of Football as his 'boss' is ever going to work.
Too many Chiefs and not enough Indians?

Isn't it Aldridge who (sort of) scouts players and the manager(s) have to shoe horn them in?.
I don’t know the answer to that, i suspect some are brought in by persons other than the current manager. Full time job with the first team affairs alone. But I would have said the managers are recommended, players that fit wage structure and availability etc..watch videos of the players and attend games.
Would like to think that Harris gives the final nod who he has to manage both on and off the pitch.

If we stay up the north stand should be named after harris.after that I've no idea.im not sure what millwall fans want anymore rowett football wasn't wanted now its being embraced under another manager

Get rid of Aldridge,
He gets a lot of stick from some and he dropped a bollock with the Edwards appointment ( if he had the say that some fans reckon he did ) but he's also responsible for some good signings. Perhaps we do need a complete clear out and freshen up and that'll include Aldo but i don't think he's the complete waste of space that some make him out to be.

1, Keep Harris as manager, give him a few quid to freshen up the squad.

And

2, Get rid of Aldridge.

And

3, Harris further cements his legendary status.

Reactions: Owl
If we stay up the north stand should be named after harris.after that I've no idea.im not sure what millwall fans want anymore rowett football wasn't wanted now its being embraced under another manager
Hardly fair to compare literally years of Rowetts' attritional style, with his chosen players, to a couple of weeks with Harris. And with another manager's squad, injuries list and our League position.