RIP John Berylson - A true Millwall legend!

Last edited:
My earliest memory of Millwall chairs was Micky Purser, and from him onwards none other had the class and respect carried by John Berylson.
Maybe it was unfair to compare his predecessors with such a colossus, but this man was meant to head a club in the Premiership and he only wanted his beloved club to reach such heights onto the stage that was meant for the likes such as John.
I can only imagine the hurt Johns family are having to cope with his massive and sudden loss, this man was irreplaceable.
Condolences and Millwall love to his wife, children and grandkids.

It was sent to me by WhatsApp as an mp4 which I can't upload to the site. Here is a screenshot.
Not everyone will want to see that mate, There are kids that look in here, You can edit it and use a spoiler so people have to click on the spoiler warning.

click on this below in your options

1688566098233.png

Then

It's the one on the left.

1688565990035.png

Terrible. I wonder if he had a stroke or heart attack at the time. 😢

Incredibly sad day for all Millwall fans. Although due to living "up norf" now I follow Brackley Town, you can't disregard 55 years of following the Lions. RIP John.

I doubt any other Chairmen would go to these lengths to help a player.
Yes, very impressive and decent of him. Not only did he invest in business's he also invested in other humans. Would be so easy to sit back and enjoy your cash but he wanted to see others thrive and succeed too. I've been quite taken aback by the wide ranging tributes that i've read today. From former players to chairmen of other clubs. He was obviously a well liked and respected man amongst his peers.

Really awful and shocking news. Ironically got my latest membership card in the post this morning with a welcome message from JB. We know what a committed and honest owner and chairman he was – and how unique that is in football – but reading and listening to the tributes it comes across what a decent human being he was as well.

I know that the grim reaper awaits us all but an accident always seems the worst and most pointless way to go. Lost one of my brothers to an accident a couple of years ago and it gives you no time to say goodbye.

Thinking of his family and friends.