RIP John Berylson - A true Millwall legend!

Given the massive amount of stories about Mr Berylson helping players, staff and fans, always having time for people and going the extra mile for anyone, it is no surprise his passing has been felt so deeply by everyone associated with Millwall.

What an incredible man he was and what an incredible loss.

JB was one in his own and whether you are Millwall or not he had respect throughout the football world. He had a plan and sadly he won’t see it come to fruition but his track record is no fluke. In the business world you won’t survive without a plan and I have no doubt he has every base covered for the future including Millwall . If everyone connected with this great club plays their part I have every faith it will come to fruition. He never promised jam tomorrow but a step by step plan that with a bit of luck along the way will bring success. Everyone connected owes him to make sure whatever he aimed to achieve for Millwall they play their part in making it happen

Just been down The Den to sign the book. Very moving the tributes and messages that have been left. The staff were also excellent. Also got the chance to speak to fellow Wall' fans whilst waiting in the queue about what the club might do going forward. Well worth taking the time to get down there if you can.

Frankly not interested in the gory details.
Not for me at all.
One of the things I hate about social media is the ability to look into all the nooks and crannies of peoples lives and misfortune.
Think I'll have a little nap for a while.
God bless JB.

I'm the exact same & couldn't agree more about social media mate.

Opens so many avenues and paths for people to explore and deep dive into things that potentially without the access initially we as the public wouldn't be able to ever see or think of seeing 15/20 years ago.

Nowadays its a norm of getting sent some f*cked video of some poor bloke having his bonce removed from his shoulders in a groupchat.

Never in my life did I think I'd see that happen for real, only in the movies!

Mindboggling times.

Frankly not interested in the gory details.
Not for me at all.
One of the things I hate about social media is the ability to look into all the nooks and crannies of peoples lives and misfortune.
Think I'll have a little nap for a while.
God bless JB.
Well said mate and my sentiments too. Unfortunately i stumbled onto a post showing the wreckage and Mr Berylsons overturned motor, It;s something i didn't have any desire or need to see. Will never ever understand why most peoples default position is to snap and film the most unsavoury of events.

I wanted my final and abiding memory of our chairmen to be the one where i met him and he gripped my hand and smiled. That has been sadly overidden with the image of a upturned car and debris.

At times the internet and some of it's inhabitants is cunt.

I am a US Marine, Millwall are my kind of people.

Quality
Like so many, I’m sure, wondered what would happen after JB fucked off that mug De Savaloy, or whatever his name was. Was he just in for the regen? Years past and he still steadily held the helm, learned from mistakes in Lomas and the clown but that one sentence from that marine tells you all you need to know. It wasn’t just business. He was one of us.