RIP John Berylson - A true Millwall legend!

This one really hit me, I think the suddenness/randomness of it played a part.

Always happens to the best of us. Cruel world. But what a man and what a hero for so many. The amount of kind words over social media, from ex players, fans etc just goes to show how much of a genuinely nice bloke he was.

RIP Mr Chairman. I wish with all my heart his son takes over and creates a legacy for his Dad at this wonderful club that we all love, and John clearly loved too.

Us as 'Walls fans now have to come together and try give back as much as John put in, for the players, the staff... the club as a whole. Show the world we aren't just some bruisers who will knock your head off and a club of togetherness other clubs should be envious for.

COYL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This one really hit me, I think the suddenness/randomness of it played a part.

Always happens to the best of us. Cruel world. But what a man and what a hero for so many. The amount of kind words over social media, from ex players, fans etc just goes to show how much of a genuinely nice bloke he was.

RIP Mr Chairman. I wish with all my heart his son takes over and creates a legacy for his Dad at this wonderful club that we all love, and John clearly loved too.

Us as 'Walls fans now have to come together and try give back as much as John put in, for the players, the staff... the club as a whole. Show the world we aren't just some bruisers who will knock your head off and a club of togetherness other clubs should be envious for.

COYL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DAB is on the same page too mate! 👍

DAB is on the same page too mate! 👍

Speaks volumes IMO mate the way the players have come out sharing their own personal experiences with John.

You would never see that at a premshite commercial club. One reason I love supporting our club, proper people with genuine intentions.

Yes, very impressive and decent of him. Not only did he invest in business's he also invested in other humans. Would be so easy to sit back and enjoy your cash but he wanted to see others thrive and succeed too. I've been quite taken aback by the wide ranging tributes that i've read today. From former players to chairmen of other clubs. He was obviously a well liked and respected man amongst his peers.
Very gratifying to see so many tributes from so many people from all over. Rare you see such total respect. Only met him once but he really came across as a genuinely nice man.

This. If you’re outside the circle, we think nothing of you and don’t care.

Simple and tastefully set up for the Condolence Books by the club. Typical of me, today wanted to write so much but the mind went blank.
Oh well, got the gist of what I wanted to write /say across.
RIP JB, and no matter how we are grieving it has to be a million times or more worse for his wife Amy and his children. Thinking of them.
😔😔🦁

Last edited:
Apparently his Range Rover left the road near 20 Sippewissett Road, Falmouth1, MA. I looked on Google maps using the 'street view' image facility and couldn't see any significant ravine that his car rolled down and crashed against a tree. Both shocking and sad.
Frankly not interested in the gory details.
Not for me at all.
One of the things I hate about social media is the ability to look into all the nooks and crannies of peoples lives and misfortune.
Think I'll have a little nap for a while.
God bless JB.

Simple and tastefully set up for the Condolence Books by the club. Typical of me, today wanted to write so much but the mind went blank.
Oh well, got the gist of what I wanted to write /say across.
RIP JB, and no matter how we are grieving it has to be a million times or more worse for his wife Amy and his children. Thinking of them.
😔😔🦁

The atmosphere on our first home game is going to be something special for sure. He really did do so much for us as a club, still in shock to be honest with a really numb feeling.
I also thought it would be befitting to play in all black for the first game as a tribute to him, do you think they'd go for it?