With Edwards could it be..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that is what will happen. Even if we get relegated the board will keep him on for next season in League 1 for a rebuild with younger players.

No it isn't too far fetched...

In his recent interviews he continues to talk about mistakes at the back.
I think him and the board want to unload certain, older players in the summer.
All our younger players are regularly going out on loan for experience, the Young Mayor was signed up out of the blue. I think it's all geared up to cull some of the old guard and they might sense all this...

Well, I think it's decent conspiracy theory
:grinning: .
I know my original post was a bit of a conspiracy theory. But..... I can just see him getting away with playing youth for the rest of the season and there being some kind of announcement that we'll be "developing players" next season.
Wasn't part of the announcement when he came in that he would turn us into a club that could sell young players on at a profit?

Was thinking exactly the same thing. Who knows what was discussed during that interview for the manager's job. Maybe they ( Edwards and the board)have plans a project to revamp the whole club from shoolboy/ youth level right up to the first team ( to play a certain way), who knows, and are going to see it through come what may whether in the championship or league 1. Maybe that's his reasoning for continuing with the same tactics. They either adapt ( the players) or their gone in the summer. Why would they bring in a new coach/manager with no experience at championship level or any level for that matter. I remember the interview with Rowett on talksport where he said that 'the club wanted going to go in a different direction'. And at the moment we certainly are (league 1). As I said I have no idea. Just trying to make sense of it all..

Was thinking exactly the same thing. Who knows what was discussed during that interview for the manager's job. Maybe they ( Edwards and the board)have plans a project to revamp the whole club from shoolboy/ youth level right up to the first team ( to play a certain way), who knows, and are going to see it through come what may whether in the championship or league 1. Maybe that's his reasoning for continuing with the same tactics. They either adapt ( the players) or their gone in the summer. Why would they bring in a new coach/manager with no experience at championship level or any level for that matter. I remember the interview with Rowett on talksport where he said that 'the club wanted going to go in a different direction'. And at the moment we certainly are (league 1). As I said I have no idea. Just trying to make sense of it all..
Logical assumption

That we get relegated and he stays on?
I have a horrible feeling it'll be sold as "He's young manager and we'll rebuild a young squad around him."
Is that too far fetched?
If the board allow THAT to go ahead, then they can be construed as just as incompetent as Edwards and they'll have a mutiny on their hands... how many Season Ticket holders will pull out for next season as well as the loss of any TV money the club will lose... not much of a testament to John Berylsons legacy NOR memory to boot.

More I read I see Aldridges dirty paws all over it.maybe he wants control of the footballing side.could it be why we have a young inexperienced manager in his first job.someone he can control

This is absolutely spot on. What I found really interesting was that when Nathan Jones was named Charlton boss recently his title is ‘manager’ rather than ‘head coach’, a turnaround from Charlton’s previous men in charge. Jones is well known to want to run things his way top to bottom and it’s no secret that he was a prime contender for the Millwall job.

I think the stumbling block was Aldridge and his Director of Football title. Make no mistake Aldridge wields a hell of a lot of influence at Millwall, more than than what most people realise. He was absolutely 100% behind the decision to headhunt and hire Edwards and as the poster above correctly assumes Edwards is happy to go along with this arrangement. The question for us fans is do we really trust Aldridge with the responsibility of all major decisions on the footballing side of things at our club?

If Joe is as good as the board think, they would be wise to support him with a better director of football, better Coaches and in the summer better young players.

I’m afraid the club needs to back their direction and go all in. Edwards never got picked as manager for being a cnt, the fella must have some great coaching attributes about him - surely?

By all stats he has to be sacked now, but if the club know something we don’t, they probably need to share some of it - NOW

If Joe is as good as the board think, they would be wise to support him with a better director of football, better Coaches and in the summer better young players.

I’m afraid the club needs to back their direction and go all in. Edwards never got picked as manager for being a cnt, the fella must have some great coaching attributes about him - surely?

By all stats he has to be sacked now, but if the club know something we don’t, they probably need to share some of it - NOW
Regardless what they know in secret... the results are screaming out in the open.

Great coach but poor manager, plenty out there that are.
Edwards won't be out of work for long and probably at a bigger club than us but will he ever be given a manager's job again?
We knew he would make mistakes, the one thing we didn't know is how quickly he would learn from them, sadly not quick enough.
Relegation has to be avoided and he isn't up to that.

I thought when he was appointed the club said we was changing direction in how we play.

More I read I see Aldridges dirty paws all over it.maybe he wants control of the footballing side.could it be why we have a young inexperienced manager in his first job.someone he can control
When I heard yesterday that Aldridge was the one who headhunted JE and hired him, that was the final straw for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.