With Edwards could it be..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was we told it would change overnight, or long term when adequate players were brought in or blood through academy?. To play the new way.
We would never change something like this overnight. In all honesty if we did, to compete with tippy tappy footballing teams at their own game we would never ever be able to afford the type of players required to be successful with it against the big clubs. It might not be a good watch but if we are to play in the Championship we need to be ‘different’ and that means defensive, counterattacking, superior aerial threats, consistent back 4, excellent fitness and sheer guts.

We weren't told to prepare for relegation either.

We - and presumably Edwards - were told not to expect major changes during the January transfer window, so Edwards knew what he had to work with.
Probably wrongly assumed they could pass and control a ball. Run , move etc. Revolution time

We would never change something like this overnight. In all honesty if we did, to compete with tippy tappy footballing teams at their own game we would never ever be able to afford the type of players required to be successful with it against the big clubs. It might not be a good watch but if we are to play in the Championship we need to be ‘different’ and that means defensive, counterattacking, superior aerial threats, consistent back 4, excellent fitness and sheer guts.
Good post mate, things change and you need to change too or go backwards. We had aerial threats with goals, they’ve gone cos they’ve been rumbled.

Are you saying he can carry on the way we are into next season?
I do not know what plan has been put in place. If injuries get better and we acquire some luck and good ref decisions go our way hopefully we pull clear of trouble. Then next season who knows, big shake up of personnel and we find some gems or few move up from academy then see what happens. I do mention Ipswich a lot but they have done well with a similar coach as ours, a team of nobodies really but coached well and stuck to it. My opinion.

Probably wrongly assumed they could pass and control a ball. Run , move etc. Revolution time
Edwards said that he had watched us before he accepted the job, so he should have known what level the players were at. I haven't seen any marked change in the players' level of skills, so maybe Edwards was over-confident in his ability to improve them.

No it isn't too far fetched...

In his recent interviews he continues to talk about mistakes at the back.
I think him and the board want to unload certain, older players in the summer.
All our younger players are regularly going out on loan for experience, the Young Mayor was signed up out of the blue. I think it's all geared up to cull some of the old guard and they might sense all this...

Well, I think it's decent conspiracy theory
:grinning: .
It seems strange that Major hasn't really been used by JE, so I wonder if it was AA who decided to bring him in without Joe's awareness/agreement?

This is absolutely spot on. What I found really interesting was that when Nathan Jones was named Charlton boss recently his title is ‘manager’ rather than ‘head coach’, a turnaround from Charlton’s previous men in charge. Jones is well known to want to run things his way top to bottom and it’s no secret that he was a prime contender for the Millwall job.

I think the stumbling block was Aldridge and his Director of Football title. Make no mistake Aldridge wields a hell of a lot of influence at Millwall, more than than what most people realise. He was absolutely 100% behind the decision to headhunt and hire Edwards and as the poster above correctly assumes Edwards is happy to go along with this arrangement. The question for us fans is do we really trust Aldridge with the responsibility of all major decisions on the footballing side of things at our club?
"Make no mistake Aldridge wields a hell of a lot of influence at Millwall..." How do you know that or is it an assumption on your part even though you may be right?

I do not know what plan has been put in place. If injuries get better and we acquire some luck and good ref decisions go our way hopefully we pull clear of trouble. Then next season who knows, big shake up of personnel and we find some gems or few move up from academy then see what happens. I do mention Ipswich a lot but they have done well with a similar coach as ours, a team of nobodies really but coached well and stuck to it. My opinion.
Berylson's won't allow more than 10M to ride on a good ref and a bit of luck, Saturday was proof that Edwards doesn't have a suitable plan B now that plan A has failed, he has enough talent at his disposal not to get relegated but we are currently looking like a relegation team because of Edwards.

Ipswich were in a league below and didn't have much to lose when employing their manager, we have a place in the Championship to lose, one that has taken a long time, hard work and a lot of the Berylson's money to get there and now Edwards might be the cause of throwing it all away.

"Make no mistake Aldridge wields a hell of a lot of influence at Millwall..." How do you know that or is it an assumption on your part even though you may be right?

Have a look at his job description, ‘director of football’. That means that he has the final say on all major strategic decisions concerning matters involving the playing side of things. He oversees all scouting, recruitment and player contracts, medical/physio departments and a raft of data analysis teams. It was call alone to go after Edwards and would have been the major voice in the boards ear to appoint him. Edwards’ failure is Aldridges failure as far as I’m concerned.

If Joe is as good as the board think, they would be wise to support him with a better director of football, better Coaches and in the summer better young players.

I’m afraid the club needs to back their direction and go all in. Edwards never got picked as manager for being a cnt, the fella must have some great coaching attributes about him - surely?

By all stats he has to be sacked now, but if the club know something we don’t, they probably need to share some of it - NOW
Cheap option?

It seems strange that Major hasn't really been used by JE, so I wonder if it was AA who decided to bring him in without Joe's awareness/agreement?
At least he looked like he wanted to play when he came on. I think he will work out ok. If I could magically improve one thing, it would be to win at least some 50-50 balls.

Have a look at his job description, ‘director of football’. That means that he has the final say on all major strategic decisions concerning matters involving the playing side of things. He oversees all scouting, recruitment and player contracts, medical/physio departments and a raft of data analysis teams. It was call alone to go after Edwards and would have been the major voice in the boards ear to appoint him. Edwards’ failure is Aldridges failure as far as I’m concerned.
Have a butchers at his resume'

Been saying the same for years, we have to except we are blood and thunder at football.
Occasionally with a bit of flare. Sick of seeing the ball played to Bradshaw who does jack .

Have a butchers at his resume'

It’s crazy. What on earth are we doing letting this kid run the show? He should still be at school with his head down the fucking toilet. He is that university drip that turns up at work parachuted into a senior position that absolutely no cunt takes any notice of. The more you look into it the more you realise that we are fucked, actually fucked.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.