What reception will morro get at the den

The club did have to sell him! He affectively downed tools until he got a move.
We'll agree to disagree.
Yes a good player for us, certainly not a legend as some seem to think!!!
I think the word legend is chucked around to easily, he was a very good player for us and scored some important goals. I think he;s disliked by some because of what's written about him on forums by certain bods that think they're important.

More hypotheticals, he hasn't been offered the Wall job has he?
Course it’s hypothetical, but as has been said elsewhere, Tan the Cardiff chairman has always been a bit trigger happy with his managers - he’s already got rid of Warnock, then Harris, and if Tan lets Moro go at the end of the season, that’ll be three managers gone in less than 3 years!

Even if the job was offered to him, would Moro want Tan breathing down his neck all the time, always wondering if the axe wasn’t very far away, or would he prefer to work under JB, who leaves his managers alone to run the 1st team as they see fit?

I think if he‘s lucky enough to be offered both jobs at the end of the season, what might sway him to take the Cardiff job will be that he’ll get more money to spend on players, than he would at Millwall.

That could change of course if JB tries to entice him with a few million in the summer to spend on re building the team, but what are the chances of that actually happening?

he’s already got rid of Warnock, then Harris,
Because they weren't producing the results.

Even if the job was offered to him, would Moro want Tan breathing down his neck all the time, always wondering if the axe wasn’t very far away,
Why not, the sack comes with a very nice pay off and doesn't prevent another lunatic chairman giving them a chance elsewhere, Steve Bruce can attest to that.

That could change of course if JB tries to entice him with a few million in the summer to spend on re building the team, but what are the chances of that actually happening?
Regardless of who our next manager is the club have to spend money for next season. We have an ageing squad and lots of player contracts that are about to expire.

Regardless of who our next manager is the club have to spend money for next season. We have an ageing squad and lots of player contracts that are about to expire.
I agree about the aging squad/player contracts ending, but I still have my doubts that JB would give Rowett/Moro/another manager, sufficient money (i.e a few million), to bring in the young players we need, but I hope you’re right that he will!

All will become clearer in the summer, when we see who we have left in the squad, and what positions need strengthening!

I don’t know how you feel about this, but if Rowett is still the manager going into the summer/start of next season, would you be convinced that he has the right eye for buying the right player for the right position? Personally, I would say no, I’m not convinced!

With the exception of Ballard (and to a lesser extent Afobe), our loan signings haven’t been that good (I’m not including Burke and Freeman because they have only been with us a few weeks), and I don’t know if Rowett had any say about wanting Parrott and Zohore, or weather they were thrust upon him by Kavanagh and the board! I’ve also wondered (as I think others on here have), weather Rowett was also pressured by Kavanagh and Co. into taking Saville back from Middlesbrough, when he didn’t really want him?

Its probably fair to say that players like Woods, Afobe, Kiefenbeld, Evans and Bennett were his loan/permanent signings, as he knew them during his time at Derby, Stoke and Birmingham! So far, he has only signed three of those players on permanent deals, Evans, Bennett and Kiefenbeld (who’s contract does finish this summer). The Dutchman was excellent in the first 10 games of the season, before Rowett had him in and out of the side, and Bennett (when he hasn’t been injured), has put in some fine performances and scored some good, vital goals! Evans, on the other hand, has been mostly pony, almost from day one, and it’s signings like him where I worry about Rowett’s hit and miss record in buying players!

Do you (or anyone else on the forum), feel confident that if Rowett was given a few million in the summer to buy players for this rebuild, that he could buy the right ones to improve performances on the pitch? I would say no, but I’m happy for someone to convince me otherwise!

Last edited:
I don’t know how you feel about this, but if Rowett is still the manager going into the summer/start of next season, would you be convinced that he has the right eye for buying the right player for the right position? Personally, I would say no, I’m not convinced!
I agree. He spent a lot at Stoke and Derby and got nowhere, all proven players but with age against them and probably little or no hunger to succeed or better themselves. He has been hampered by lack of funds but tht doesn't mean you have to get in loan players all above a certain age, Ballard being the exception!

I’ve also wondered (as I think others on here have), weather Rowett was also pressured by Kavanagh and Co. into taking Saville back from Middlesbrough, when he didn’t really want him?
Quite possible and it wouldn't surprise me.

Do you (or anyone else on the forum), feel confident that if Rowett was given a few million in the summer to buy players for this rebuild, that he could buy the right ones to improve performances on the pitch?
No. He has a style and brand of football, we're seeing it now and i don't think he will or can change. I hope he goes in the summer.

He has a style and brand of football, we're seeing it now and i don't think he will or can change. I hope he goes in the summer.
I to hope he goes in the summer and if the bloke in the car park is right it’s starting to sound like he is.
But I think he can walk away knowing he has fulfilled the remit of the job he was employed to do.
Keep us in the championship with next to nothing to spend on transfers. It’s been painful to watch most of the time, but we are still here.
With all of the players out of contract and loans going back to their clubs throw in a very small transfer budget .
I think JB will have his work cut to find any worthwhile takers .
Tan will want a big push at Cardiff next season for the premiershit. Even with Morison doing a good job keeping them up I don’t think he will trust him with a substantial transfer kitty with his lack of managerial experience and will probably try to bring in a bigger name .
Cue Steve Morison back at the den.

With the club sliding, unrest with Kavanagh cleansing the fanbase and some of the most turgid football seen for some years, it is not unusual for rumours to surface. They rarely do when things are going well, but at times like now all sorts of,"fires are lit", on the rumour mill.
As it stands, baring a calamitous run of results, Rowett will be going nowhere before the end of the season. However for me at season end all bets are off.

Cue Steve Morison back at the den.
I don't think it will happen and certainly not whilst he has no experience behind him. On top of that i doubt it would end well if he did come back, i don't think he'd stand in the dugout and take some of the vile shit from so called fans that Harris and previous managers have.

Did wonders for the club, always committed and a winner. Personally speaking, I respected him as a player but I never liked him.

I thought he was well out of line for what he said after the play-off final and he's never apologised for it, which I think he should have.

Also, in the interview before tomorrow he said this:

“This is the first time that I’m a fully-fledged opponent and I’m there to win the game – it will be different. I like to think I’ll get a good reception when I first turn up, unless they [the supporters] want to make a bigger deal out of it and try and go the other way."

I hope Rowett goes too. Having met Moro a few times, I can honestly say very good player for us, but a moody snidey cunt as a man. Caused dressing room problems with his attitude and pissed off fans. A poor man's Mourinho, will shake things up at first, but as soon he starts pissing people off the wheels will come off. Will work for a year or two which could do us good, but a very hard bloke to like

I don't think it will happen and certainly not whilst he has no experience behind him.
“JB gave Harris the job with even less experience.”
On top of that i doubt it would end well if he did come back
You could well be right Peckham
I don't think he'd stand in the dugout and take some of the vile shit from so called fans that Harris and previous managers have.
Who could blame him, as bad as the Harris tenure got towards the end , for everything he done at the club as player and manager he deserved total respect from all of our so called fans.
All about opinions tho PL

He did, and Lomas. I think we got Harris because of the Holloway and Lomas fuck ups, plus the money it cost the board in pay offs and to stop us from moaning/ turning on another manager. It was a gamble that paid off handsomely for thre borad.
Spot on.
Could lightening strike twice with Morison.
If approached, would certainly appease the fans with the potential of more attacking football.
All hypothetical at the moment tho.
Said it on another thread a while ago, going to be a busy summer for JB and the board. And they can’t afford to fuck it up, ST sales and attendances will be down if they do.

We'll agree to disagree.

I think the word legend is chucked around to easily, he was a very good player for us and scored some important goals. I think he;s disliked by some because of what's written about him on forums by certain bods that think they're important.
I can't knock what he did for us and I don't have a problem him giving It back to the fans. He was a quality player and he gave as good as he got. Fair play.

I don't like him beacaue of what he said when some ran on the pitch at Wembley.

'They have ruined It for me to be honest'.

That Infuriated me. He made It all about him and forgot who It was who he played for and who gave him their love. Running on th pitch might not be conducive, but we are Wall and we do what we like and that Is our club. You are either with us or against us. The stadium was designed to stop pitch Invasions and we were the first to do It. It's not right but there Is a perverse pride In that and him trying to make the day about him and casting us aside made me feel and still does that he has no affiliation with us or Wall apart from his wage. Which he did deserve of course. He could have tride to play It down but he was straight on the fans case. As far as I'm concerned, he's been a very successful journey man for us and I respect and appreciate his contribution. But I don't have any time for him.

Course it’s hypothetical, but as has been said elsewhere, Tan the Cardiff chairman has always been a bit trigger happy with his managers - he’s already got rid of Warnock, Harris, Big Nose and if Tan lets Moro go at the end of the season, that’ll be four managers gone in less than 3 years!

I don't like to call him a manager either but, he's been at it since 1992.
:grinning:

Looks like Roy Keane is looking to get back into management, not that I think he should replace Rowett but wasn't he interviewed for the job as well as Rowett?

I don't like him beacaue of what he said when some ran on the pitch at Wembley.

'They have ruined It for me to be honest'.
He was being honest, he speaks his mind just as we are entitled to and often do. There was plenty of fans around us at Wembley that weren't too happy with the pitch invaders either. Opinions work both ways in football, players/ managers take plenty of shit from fans in the stands, they get a bit back and bods get all precious. I like him because of what he put in when wearing our shirt. I will remember him for the important goal he scored. I couldn't care less what he or others say when interviewed straight after a match and whilst the adrenaline is still pumping, context has to be taken into account sometimes.