What has become of West Ham?

When they played at Upton Park tickets were like gold dust and expensive to get hold off, they were conned by moving to the taxpayers stadium under the promise that tickets would be a lot more cheaper and easier for the casual fan to get hold off.
A few years down the line they have to pay through the nose to go to a game like before and they have to accept terms and conditions that would had been laughed at at Upton Park.
It's hard not to feel sorry for them but fuck 'em but we can use their story as a template as to how not to go moving on.

I believe the ARSEnal and Y's are the same. Even to be a casual fan you have to have seasonal membership , 30/40 quid upwards -just to apply for tickets. sky has ruined the game. Rejoice when it so goes tits up.

I believe the ARSEnal and Y's are the same. Even to be a casual fan you have to have seasonal membership , 30/40 quid upwards -just to apply for tickets. sky has ruined the game. Rejoice when it so goes tits up.
Can't wait, hope I'm around to see it.

Bloody hell! I thought things were bad enough at our place but that is bloody ridiculous. All those codes to report people. Proper snide.
Vile. And they're loving it ain't they, these snide cunts who hated what football til now has always been. Just about every one of those rules used to be part and parcel of the joy of being a football supporter. Even most of the racism and homophobia was just bods going on a wind up. They have gone out of their way to destroy the game we loved.

Vile. And they're loving it ain't they, these snide cunts who hated what football til now has always been. Just about every one of those rules used to be part and parcel of the joy of being a football supporter. Even most of the racism and homophobia was just bods going on a wind up. They have gone out of their way to destroy the game we loved.
All marketing ploy - all the time, everywhere- most everything I've ever loved made to play safe for middle class audiences so as to bring the cash. With cash comes a bigger price paid by those who ain't holding a lot of it. Ruins a lot of things anymore.
Edit: Will also add that given where I live not apt to run into many but there's some amount of mutual respect amongst your older sets there as 25 years ago when I was in the service and stationed in Georgia, was having beers out on my own and scarved/tattooed - ran into two and one from Pompey as well at the international barracks- reckoned I'd be in for some mouthiness but ended up buying me a round - which is more so to do with your reputation there.. Too, there was obviously very few to talk football with at any level.

Last edited:
All marketing ploy - all the time, everywhere- most everything I've ever loved made to play safe for middle class audiences so as to bring the cash. With cash comes a bigger price paid by those who ain't holding a lot of it. Ruins a lot of things anymore.
Edit: Will also add that given where I live not apt to run into many but there's some amount of mutual respect amongst your older sets there as 25 years ago when I was in the service and stationed in Georgia, was having beers out on my own and scarved/tattooed - ran into two and one from Pompey as well at the international barracks- reckoned I'd be in for some mouthiness but ended up buying me a round - which is more so to do with your reputation there.. Too, there was obviously very few to talk football with at any level.
Agree with every word mate. And there is an odd camaraderie with old rivals. I had a good chat with an old Zulu on holiday years ago. Couldn't have been more respectful. We have much more in common with our old enemies than the new breed you describe. Thank fuck for Millwall. Keeps me as sane as I can be.

The decline of a useful mob in there time., The dogey lot who own them saw it as once they moved what a appeal for the new professional rich settlers in east london. like alot of other clubs they sold the soul.

Members online