West Brom v Millwall match thread

A tad early, like being a little bit pregnant.
But certainly would be a good game to win, with the 6 fingered ones home to Sheff Utd the same day.
COYL

Last time Malone marked Jed Wallace out of the game. I’m hoping Leonard can protect Murray and nullify the greedy bstard this time round and perhaps Malone could do a job for the last 30 mins.

If WBA dont get promoted back to the prem this year they will be in it up to their necks. No parachute payment, legal action being taken by share holders and owner who appears skint. They are already facing a points dedction & transfer embargo.

I think we should take it easy on them and help them out. :unsure:

Last edited:
If WBA dont get promoted back to the prem this year they will by in it up to their necks. No parachute payment, legal action being taken by share holders and owner who appears skint. They are already facing a points dedction & transfer embargo.

I think we should take it easy on them and help them out. :unsure:

There’s also this link in there about Wallace

Interesting and mixed views on Twinklebollox. Good player to headless Chicken.

Fish and Pond spring to mind. He thought he was bertie big bollx with us but at WBA he is just another decent player. He’s never been a Premiership player. I liked him for us but once his pace has gone he’ll be very average. Play off chasing Championship team is his limit in my opinion.

Interesting and mixed views on Twinklebollox. Good player to headless Chicken.

Peckham, you need to go back to page 8 on that forum (one page before where your link started), and read one of the posts that features a long article from The Athletic about Botox Boy.

I’ve taken the following out of a paragraph in that article which is absolute bollox, yet the Brummies have read it and believe it!

“A key selling point for Wallace was the potential to play in the Premier League and he joined West Brom because he deemed their prospects of getting promoted to be higher than almost any other side who had made a serious approach for his signature.”

Er…no! Firstly, no side apart from WBA showed any interest in signing him during last summer! Millwall had already offered Wallace an increased salary up to £20,000 a week, which Wallace turned down! Secondly, because WBA were the only club interested in him, and willing to pay him a rumoured £40,000 a week, he only had two options: resign with his current club and get paid £20,000 a week, or sign for another club in the same division (with no guarantee they would get promotion), and double his weekly salary! I can’t for one minute believe that Wallace really thought WBA had a better chance of getting him promotion over us!

The article doesn’t mention any of this, nor does it state that Wallace told our supporters that for him, it wasn‘t about the money, it was all about playing in the Premier League! Only later, when he did sign for WBA, and it was rumoured that he’d be doubling the weekly salary we had offered him, did our supporters realise that it wasn’t about him wanting to play in the Prem at all - it was all about the money - £40,000 pounds of it, paid weekly!

I’m so fucking angered by this, that I did contemplate joining this fucking forum just to tell these Baggie cunts 40,000 reasons why their star player joined them, and it wasn’t because Wallace thought signing for WBA was going to get him promotion! As good as they think they are over us, the reality is (and this season has proved it so far), that WBA are not the better team than we are!

Unluckily for them that gravy train has come to the end of the line. Given the other problems they have this season could well be the 'last chance saloon' for them.

He'd be right to think he'd have a better chance of being promoted with West brom than us, they're a yoyo club with a lot more money to spend than us.
With Burnley, Norwich, Watford and Sheffield United in the league, West Brom were only ever an outside chance of a sneaky play off position. More chance on paper than we had I agree, but never a realistic possibility.

All about the pound notes.

theyll be the next stoke or maybe worse huddersfield where they had their moment and now will struggle to be top half from next year on.

Peckham, you need to go back to page 8 on that forum (one page before where your link started), and read one of the posts that features a long article from The Athletic about Botox Boy.

I’ve taken the following out of a paragraph in that article which is absolute bollox, yet the Brummies have read it and believe it!

“A key selling point for Wallace was the potential to play in the Premier League and he joined West Brom because he deemed their prospects of getting promoted to be higher than almost any other side who had made a serious approach for his signature.”

Er…no! Firstly, no side apart from WBA showed any interest in signing him during last summer! Millwall had already offered Wallace an increased salary up to £20,000 a week, which Wallace turned down! Secondly, because WBA were the only club interested in him, and willing to pay him a rumoured £40,000 a week, he only had two options: resign with his current club and get paid £20,000 a week, or sign for another club in the same division (with no guarantee they would get promotion), and double his weekly salary! I can’t for one minute believe that Wallace really thought WBA had a better chance of getting him promotion over us!

The article doesn’t mention any of this, nor does it state that Wallace told our supporters that for him, it wasn‘t about the money, it was all about playing in the Premier League! Only later, when he did sign for WBA, and it was rumoured that he’d be doubling the weekly salary we had offered him, did our supporters realise that it wasn’t about him wanting to play in the Prem at all - it was all about the money - £40,000 pounds of it, paid weekly!

I’m so fucking angered by this, that I did contemplate joining this fucking forum just to tell these Baggie cunts 40,000 reasons why their star player joined them, and it wasn’t because Wallace thought signing for WBA was going to get him promotion! As good as they think they are over us, the reality is (and this season has proved it so far), that WBA are not the better team than we are!
In all fairness, and this has been done to death, if I were his age with a young family then I’d follow the pound notes. Little to do with them being a better option for promotion, no premiershit clubs were interested. My only complaint is the cunt letting his contact run down when we’d invested in him and gave him his chance.

In all fairness, and this has been done to death, if I were his age with a young family then I’d follow the pound notes.
Pretty sure most, if not all of us would. We leave jobs to earn more if it's on offer elsewhere. He made a complete cunt of himself in the way he went about it.

If he said fuck all then i'm sure he would have been thanked for his service, wished well for the future and would always get a decent reception on his return. But like i've said, he's not brightest or sharpest tool in the box, has zero self awareness and no class. Just a thick and greedy journeyman.

In all fairness, and this has been done to death, if I were his age with a young family then I’d follow the pound notes. Little to do with them being a better option for promotion, no premiershit clubs were interested. My only complaint is the cunt letting his contact run down when we’d invested in him and gave him his chance.
Don’t have a problem with him following the pound notes, but don’t tell us, his supporters, playing for our club, that it’s not about the money, but more about playing in the Prem, when we knew even before he left us, that it was all about the money!

If it wasn’t about the money, he would have taken the club’s improved weekly salary. As you said, no Prem clubs were interested, and the only other club that were interested was WBA. He might have thought that the Baggies had a better chance than us to gain promotion, but let’s face it, the rumoured £40,000 a week he was offered would have sweetened the deal, even if they didn’t get promotion this year!

The ironic thing about all this is, if our club had come a deal with Forest in the January transfer window (and maybe Wallace may have had a say about the move as well), he would have been playing for them in the Prem now!

Talk about backing the wrong horse! Bet he’s kicking himself now, especially as Albion’s away form might stop them from getting a play off place!