West Brom-Rowetts next job

Rowett now back out to 2/1, which is significant. There's got to be some value elsewhere in the betting.

This Carlos Corberan at 9's looks interesting as he was touted very early on.

Not that i'm a betting man, but Rowett's 2/1 looks like a red herring.

Has recently turned his back on football to become a counsellor. As for Cahill i can't see what he's done as a coach to merit a job. When the time comes, which isn't now, i hope we don't go down the former players route ever again, and certainly not the ones that are held in esteem by the fans. Rhino and Harris to name a few got a torrid time from so called fans, the stick Harris and some of his family got was fucking cowardly and vile.
Yep, fair points mate. Looks like no need to worry yet anyway

I know for a fact that he was looking to move back to a Midlands club last season. Not sure if he's changed his mind on that now but I think if West Brom offered him the job he'd take it. Wouldn't begrudge him the move, I'm happy with what he's done for us and almost 4 years at a club is a long time in this day and age! My only gripe would be that I could see Barratt getting the job until the end of the season... 😐

The more I look at the WBA situation the worse it looks for them.
Unlikely to make up the gap to overtake Norwich and Sheff Utd that leaves them with the play offs to aim for and if they don't make it then they are left without parachute payments and a very big wage bill.
This might be why they are looking for an experienced Championship manager who can do a good job with players on a Championship wage, which could be why Rowett's name has been mentioned instead of any truth to the link.

When you look at the bookies list for the job it puts into perspective who we might be looking at as a replacement if Rowett left, doesn't look very appealing to me.

When you look at the bookies list for the job it puts into perspective who we might be looking at as a replacement if Rowett left, doesn't look very appealing to me.

All those managers would want serious wages.They would then sell the PL dream to the club, which involves bringing in average, over paid players during the next window.

Of course, ultimately, no immediate promotion is involved, things go tits up and the manager and his mates depart with lovely fat wedges in their back pockets.

I believe this is the WBA 'Template' that Gary Rowett doesn't fit into.

🙄
😁

All those managers would want serious wages.They would then sell the PL dream to the club, which involves bringing in average, over paid players during the next window.

Of course, ultimately, no immediate promotion is involved, things go tits up and the manager and his mates depart with lovely fat wedges in their back pockets.

I believe this is the WBA 'Template' that Gary Rowett doesn't fit into.

🙄
😁

West Brom fans can be added to the long list of those who think they are entitled to win the league and "deserve" to be in the Premier League. They need to be careful, look at Derby.