West Brom-Rowetts next job

Was talking about this with a few chaps on Saturday, the conclusion was that you'd have go to back a good few year and some to find a time when it ain't been boring, certainly in this league anyway. I said a season or two back in the third division would be a good reality check for those not happy.

Unless we have 7-9 players that can play with the ball we'll always have to mix it up and play more direct and basic stuff. Bring in a manager that likes the tippy tappy exciting stuff and he'll need the money, players and a whole lot of luck to get the balance right to get results. It's not wrong to a want decent brand of football but i do think it's a bit unrealistic in this division, and as you say budgets etc.

We're the underdog exceeding expectations, i enjoy that and accept it ain't going to be pretty. Clubs are chucking huge amounts of dough about and all they're doing is the same us,- competing in a very tough and money orientated league. I'll take that and take comfort from the fact the our board/ owner aren't going to risk our existence cause of a section of fans that want the big time. If it happens it will happen cause we've done it the right way, fairly, and not gambling everything we have to attain it.
Great post. Spot on. And the one about burey

First off, I don't want GR to go but if he does, good luck to him.

What I do find odd though, is GR making a comment to someone (media?) that he would like the WBA job (If true, of course). If he was talking about the future in an innocent conversation, fair play, but if it's the present situation and he doesn't get it, what then, crawling back to us? Because that's how many will feel about it. There would have to be an almighty statement from him saying that it was/is all bollocks. But then again, that happens a lot in football.

Either way, who knows what will happen, but it will be an interesting couple of days and will keep Fat Dan off the MO front page.
:grinning:

Last edited:
Personally don't see him as their No 1 choice but if he goes then fair play to him.
If they want him they should be offering him the job not just wanting to interview him, he can't go for an interview then come back to us if he doesn't get the job and I'm sure ( hope) JB wouldn't let it get that stage.
From relegation to Div 3 with some appalling players in the squad to where we are know, I have a lot of respect for Harris and Rowett and what they have done in amongst some big clubs and ridiculous spending.
Redevelopment back in or hands , a new training ground on it's way, there aren't many clubs without premiership money that are in a better state than us at the moment.

If he stays we have Rowettball- boring football but stability.

If he goes we have the chance of new blood, Rae, Reid, Cahill, O'Neil etc. We won't get any of the big names being touted.

Either way, fuck all we can do about it
Reid is on a different path!

Not fussed one way or the other if GR decides to stay or go.
If he goes then it could mean the end of the drab football that I think personally affects the atmosphere at home, if he stays then we should expect and 12th to 8th spot finish.
Also wouldn't really pay attention to bookies think.

Well, it looks like GR has spoken about the speculation.
I suppose, if WBA made an approach to 'Wall to speak to him it might be a different matter:

Also wouldn't really pay attention to bookies think.

Especially not in next manager markets. The pricing is all over the place and swings wildly without much money being placed.

Rowett speculation driven on Twitter by our supporters who want to see the back of him and so are almost willing it to be true, throw in a few misleading articles by ‘journalists’ and a few grand in £10 bets across the country and suddenly Rowett’s price goes from 22/1 to 5/4 favourite.

The bookies making him favourite is purely a market decision - they know fuck all inside info and are just reacting to the fact that their market makers believe they’re over exposed at the 22/1 start price which would’ve invited many to punt the odd tenner or 5er. It’s all algorithms.

Has recently turned his back on football to become a counsellor. As for Cahill i can't see what he's done as a coach to merit a job. When the time comes, which isn't now, i hope we don't go down the former players route ever again, and certainly not the ones that are held in esteem by the fans. Rhino and Harris to name a few got a torrid time from so called fans, the stick Harris and some of his family got was fucking cowardly and vile.

Fucking Fat Dan saying Rowett hasn't done anything special with us, his job has been on a par with Neil Harris', not fussed if he goes.

This is the same bloke who wanted that tramp Ainsworth over Rowett. I wish he'd fucking do one and fuck off away from our club. He is an embarrassment.
Wouldn't give him any time, Robbo, nor a penny for clicking on his contrived ramblings. He knows how to get attention which equates to more money, like the tabloids he'll lie and say controverial stuff cause it creates the attention and money that he so desperately craves. The club should fuck him off if there's a way to do so, it does them no good cause there's enough idiots and foolish hangers on to him that believe all the guff he puts out. In turn it causes rows, disharmoney, division amongst fans and un-needed lies and shit about the club. Mans a ponce.

Last edited:
Wouldn't give him any time, Robbo, nor a penny for clicking on his contrived ramblings. He knows how to get attention which equates to more money, like the tabloids he'll lie and say controverial stuff cause it creates the attention and money that he so desperately craves. The club should fuck him off if there's a way to do so, it does them no good cause there's enough idiots and foolish hangers on to him that believe all the guff he puts out. In turn it causes rows, disharmoney, division amongst fans and uneeded lies and shit about the club. Mans a ponce.

You are right. I will ignore him. I refuse to watch his videos for the reasons you state.

Has recently turned his back on football to become a counsellor. As for Cahill i can't see what he's done as a coach to merit a job. When the time comes, which isn't now, i hope we don't go down the former players route ever again, and certainly not the ones that are held in esteem by the fans. Rhino and Harris to name a few got a torrid time from so called fans, the stick Harris and some of his family got was fucking cowardly and vile.

Rhino got spat at at Brentford when we DREW 1-1. Absolutely fucking disgraceful from whoever did that. That affected Rhino very badly.

Fucking Fat Dan saying Rowett hasn't done anything special with us,
Shows how little he knows about us, as i've wrote before, you have to go back a bit in time for the last time we've had such a settled and productive stay in this division. Contrary to what some say about his forensic and researched questioning, he's shown on numerous occasions that he is limited on our history. He also has form for repeating incorrect info from the net, he's not the messiah, he's a very naughty and greedy boy.

I really didn’t think there was much to this story about GR and WBA. I’ve just watched a slot on YouTube with Fat Dan which highlights the fact that there might be something in it. I still have my doubts. He quotes some journo in the Midlands who has his finger on the pulse and says that GR is very interested in the job. I still have doubts. Most journos can turn water into wine when it comes to a story. Some of the stuff you read online you can take with a pinch of salt. Most of them are trying to fill their column inches with any bit of gossip they hear and then inflate it into a story that seems plausible.
GR has a flat in Canary Wharf which he shares with his son who is at Uni down here. He has four kids so the others live with his wife in Belper in Derbyshire. He has managed the last three and a half years living a split life between here and Derbyshire so I am not sure that there is much credibility in him wanting to change it. He has a new contract that has two or three years to run and I am not sure that he would want to throw all that away and change clubs. In truth, WBA would be keen on employing a manager who played exciting attacking football and push them up the table towards promotion. I am not sure that GR could deliver that. Add to that if they prised GR away from SE16 they would have to pay a chunk of compensation for his services.
There are others in the frame who are could start next week with no financial considerations regarding previous clubs. The hot favourite is Carlos Corberan who might better fit the bill. In addition there is Chris Wilder and Sean Dyche who have no ties to previous clubs. I might be completely wrong but I don’t think that GR is the right man for the WBA job and there are others in the queue who are better. Watch this space!
Silver, how long do I have to watch this space, because I have got to have my lunch soon?

Fucking Fat Dan saying Rowett hasn't done anything special with us, his job has been on a par with Neil Harris', not fussed if he goes.

This is the same bloke who wanted that tramp Ainsworth over Rowett. I wish he'd fucking do one and fuck off away from our club. He is an embarrassment.
He’s a gimp. I saw that tweet. Conveniently airbrushed out the fact that we’ve finished 8th 11th and 9th with playoffs being very much a possibility in every season. Two of them heavily disrupted by Covid.

He’s no better than one of these parasitic Twitter journos. His income relies on engagement and he spouts controversial shit online to bait people in to engaging with him.