West Brom-Rowetts next job

They’ll have their eyes on someone who plays an attractive brand of football, a bit more exciting. Neither of those things I would attribute to Rowett. They have Premier League ambitions…

Laters Rowett, he wants back up north so if he gets a chance he will be packing his ferrets and tins of mushy peas quicker than he changed from a back 5 to back 4…!

Part of me hopes he does go, not because I want him out but because at least we might get a few months offs from the constant Charltonesque whinging and moaning from some of the whoppers among our fanbase whenever we lose or draw and sometimes even when we win.

That is until the next man starts to tread water a bit because there’s only do much any manager can do with limited funds and a bunch of honest journeymen pros. Then I suppose he’ll be getting slagged off with the usual nonsense about formations, tactics, boring football, clueless substitutions and only picking his favourites.

Then I suppose he’ll be getting slagged off with the usual nonsense about formations, tactics, boring football, clueless substitutions and only picking his favourites.
Was talking about this with a few chaps on Saturday, the conclusion was that you'd have go to back a good few year and some to find a time when it ain't been boring, certainly in this league anyway. I said a season or two back in the third division would be a good reality check for those not happy.

Unless we have 7-9 players that can play with the ball we'll always have to mix it up and play more direct and basic stuff. Bring in a manager that likes the tippy tappy exciting stuff and he'll need the money, players and a whole lot of luck to get the balance right to get results. It's not wrong to a want decent brand of football but i do think it's a bit unrealistic in this division, and as you say budgets etc.

We're the underdog exceeding expectations, i enjoy that and accept it ain't going to be pretty. Clubs are chucking huge amounts of dough about and all they're doing is the same us,- competing in a very tough and money orientated league. I'll take that and take comfort from the fact the our board/ owner aren't going to risk our existence cause of a section of fans that want the big time. If it happens it will happen cause we've done it the right way, fairly, and not gambling everything we have to attain it.

Last edited:
Tyley Burey is an example of what exciting and flair players would be up against were they to come to us. He's young, tricky, fast but, like most creative and flair players they dip in and out games and form. They are daring and take risks, booing and cunting him/them off after five minutes ain't going to spur them on, they just stop trying.

They rely on players around them to be up for it and more often than not need the crowd with them, it brings them alive. They have to be allowed to make mistakes, it should be expected and tolerated in certain circumstnces. The abuse and lack of support is self defeating, only the oppo gain from that.

Tyley Burey is an example of what exciting and flair players would be up against were they to come to us. He's young, tricky, fast but, like most creative and flair players they dip in and out games and form. They are daring and take risks, booing and cunting him/them off after five minutes ain't going to spur them on, they just stop trying.

They rely on players around them to be up for it and more often than not need the crowd with them, it brings them alive. They have to be allowed to make mistakes, it should be expected and tolerated in certain circumstnces. The abuse and lack of support is self defeating, only the oppo gain from that.
You’re right and it’s a fickle game mate! 😉

Was talking about this with a few chaps on Saturday, the conclusion was that you'd have go to back a good few year and some to find a time when it ain't been boring, certainly in this league anyway. I said a season or two back in the third division would be a good reality check for those not happy.

Unless we have 7-9 players that can play with the ball we'll always have to mix it up and play more direct and basic stuff. Bring ina a manager that likes the tippy tappy exciting stuff and he'll need the money, players and a whole lot of luck to get the balance right to get results. It's not wrong to a want decent football brand of football but i do think it's a bit unrealistic in this division, and as you say budgets etc.

We're the underdog exceeding expectations, i enjoy that and accept it ain't going to be pretty. Clubs are chucking huge amounts of dough about and all they're doing is the same us,- competing in a very tough and money orientated league. I'll take that and take comfort from the fact the our board/ owner aren't going to risk our existence cause of a section of fans that want the big time. If it happens it will happen cause we've done it the right way, fairly, and not gambling everything we have to attain it.
You can't put lipstick on a lion

Get rid of gr and the clown who took him on.They really did look at gr cv, sacked twice both set of fans found his type of game plan a bore but hey we will offer you the job then extend the contract , so we cant afford the pay off, so stuck with the clown..................ffs

Brilliant posts from @Ilderton Wanderer and @Peckham Lion as always and completely on the money.

When Harris was sacked, the season before we survived by the skin of our teeth. Rowett has since guided us to three top half finishes, miles clear of the relegation zone. There are clubs in this league that have astronomical budgets and pay their players crazy amounts. And despite their money, we have finished above some of these clubs season after season. That's a pretty Millwall thing to do and something I am very proud of.

Forget WBA, this looks like the ideal next gig for Gringo Rowett - Spanish side 'Burgos', from Segunda División B (Group 2) ...
They're tailor made for each other. Their record looks like something he would be very proud of. Or come to think of it, so would WBA.... :ROFLMAO:

Since the start of the season, the 'Smallwall' of Spanish football have gone nine games undefeated, scoring 5 (five) goals and conceding none and defiantly punching above their Matador weight.
:grinning:

1.JPG