Wall V Swansea. Sat 3pm match thread

Not far off 60 shots in our 3 home league defeats, no goals. Clinical finishers we ain't. Defensively the sooner we get back to 4 at the back, 2 CBs 2FBs, nobody filling in like Leonard, good as he has been. And stop playing half fit players, Wallace and Nesbit for example today, thats what a bigger squad is for GR.

'Kin hell. I'm not one for shouting "Sack the manager!" Or "Sack the board" but this stretches my tolerance. We don't have high expectations at this club, which is one of the things I love about us, but FFS, I'm lost for word about that shitshow ("lost for words" despite the previous 50-ish)

Pissed off with that today.
This tinkering around with formation bollocks in the middle of games has got to stop. We started with 5 at the back, then 4, then longman was sent to stand on Cuffys toes in what I only saw as a RM position when Cuffy was looking like he was playing RWB. Ended up with fuck knows what at the back and midfield.

Absolutely diabolical all round, not just the manager, but the players do need to look at themselves and the way the season is heading right now.
Shit passes, partly because of shit movement in front of them. We put together about 20 passes in the first half, side to side etc, didn't get anywhere particular, anyway the ball found its way to Cooper, whom without looking or a single thought, had a hop, a skip and a jump then smashed the ball down the other end of the pitch to nobody. Hopeful, shit football.

I pray we don't turn up at Plymouth like that today, as they seem to be a team in form and won't fuck about.

P.S Ref was an utter cunt.

Rowett picks the players yes, he also tells them how to play. Which is slow, predictable, 3/4 touch passing, uncontrolled hopefull football. We can’t dominate at home, we do get a result away quite often but only after hanging on by our fingertips usually for the second half. Just my opinion. Give me back my old have a go Millwall. Our football is very unentertaining
This Is the thing. Too many people are quick to negate the management but he Is the boss, this Is his team, he dictates how we play. Don't get me wrong he can't be excused for player missing clear cut chances or being able to make simple passes but on the whole the shit Is too consistent for him not to be at fault.

When It comes to they style of play, the fear we seem to have getting the ball forward and our lack of defensive structure this can only be down to the manager.

Quite frankly, either he has us playing as he wants us to, which Is not good enough. Or the squad do their own thing regardless of his Instructions and pay no attention to him and his training which Is even worse. Rowett Is at fault.

Which ever way, something Is fundamentaly wrong and the buck stops with him. I personally do not believe our squad Isn't capable of playing football. Even as an amateur watching how our players play, our style goes far too much against footballing Instict, desire and keeness for It to be the players who hold us back. No one who gets to that level Is scared of the ball and Is unable to want to be the one who wants to shine and make a difference. It seems to me the life and ability Is being sucked out of the team through a constant and consistent mindset.

Last edited:
Not far off 60 shots in our 3 home league defeats, no goals. Clinical finishers we ain't. Defensively the sooner we get back to 4 at the back, 2 CBs 2FBs, nobody filling in like Leonard, good as he has been. And stop playing half fit players, Wallace and Nesbit for example today, thats what a bigger squad is for GR.

This can be looked at two ways. We are creating chances but not scoring. Or we have been thrashed at home despite having plenty of attempts. Both are fucking bad and this cannot continue. I thought Leeds was one of those games but what happened today was fucking embarrassing. Everyone lost the plot. From the players to the manager. Rowett is on borrowed time. One of the things he always brought to us despite the opposition we face is that we are hard to beat. We are not hard to beat right now. We are easy to beat. Too easy to beat. That is unacceptable.