Wall v Sunderland match thread

I thought Mitchell was poor. He’s tenacious and determined but he can’t pass for toffees 🤦‍♂️. Must have given the ball away half-a-dozen times, on a couple of occasions leading to them breaking and stretching our defence.

Sorry, we need a CM who is composed and able to pass accurately FORWARD !
I know he is disliked but I said ages ago Pritchard. Class act

The goal was not disallowed for offside, it was down to Saville interfering with their Goalkeepers line of sight, someone in the stands must have freeze framed the offside, seen he was clearly onside and whispered in the Refs earpiece that he had better make up another load of bollocks as an excuse for disallowing a perfectly good goal. Now lets talk about the two nailed on penalties against Bradshaw and Cooper.

What's the point of building a good team when the Officials want to take centre stage an absolute diabolical performance by all the Officials, seemed the Sunderland players spent more time on their arse than standing up and the Ref fell for it every single time.

A frustrating match...again! First 15 minutes they were zipping the ball around but after that I thought we took complete control. They've had one shot which was the goal. I rarely complain about refs but he's had a complete nghtmare today. No idea why the first goal wasn't given and a very good penalty shout with Bradshaw. I'll say it again, if it's not a foul then he has to book Bradshaw for diving, which he didn't.
Long had nothing to do apart from their goal (their only shot on target). Don't know if it was his fault from where I was sitting.
Back four were all solid today, Murray got caught a couple of times early on but then took control. Danny Mac did the same with their tricky winger who ended up being taken off once Danny had him in his pocket.
Savs and Mitch were both ok without doing anything outstanding. Savs still winds me up with giving away silly little fouls.
Bennett played well first half and was causing them problems down the left. Whatmore showed glimpses when he came on but need a few games which he'll probably get now. Honeyman man of the match for me. Just doesn't stop running, good in the tackle breaking things up but always looking to go forward too. Flemming was ok but not hitting the heights of earlier this season and Bradshaw did was Bradshaw does but no service in the box.
Burke was lively when he came and again just needs some games. Slammer not involved much. Still confused as to why Burke was played centre with Slammer on the right rather than the other way round.
Two points dropped as we just couldn't get the second goal but we did enough to win in my opinion. On to the next one.

The goal was not disallowed for offside, it was down to Saville interfering with their Goalkeepers line of sight, someone in the stands must have freeze framed the offside, seen he was clearly onside and whispered in the Refs earpiece that he had better make up another load of bollocks as an excuse for disallowing a perfectly good goal. Now lets talk about the two nailed on penalties against Bradshaw and Cooper.

What's the point of building a good team when the Officials want to take centre stage an absolute diabolical performance by all the Officials, seemed the Sunderland players spent more time on their arse than standing up and the Ref fell for it every single time.
What about Watmore being taken out!? And how can the Lino say Saville unsighted the keeper from where he was standing the c@nt! The keeper saw it and moved to his right but dumbed it. He didn’t appeal and nor did his team mates!

What about Watmore being taken out!? And how can the Lino say Saville unsighted the keeper from where he was standing the c@nt! The keeper saw it and moved to his right but dumbed it. He didn’t appeal and nor did his team mates!
Didn’t think it was a foul on Watmore. Brave keeping, albeit he was slow initially coming out.

Bradshaw definitely a pen, Cooper a classic case of a foul outside the box but rarely awarded inside 🤷‍♂️

Esse not being in the squad today is a joke, one of the most talented youngsters we have had in many years dropped after doing nothing wrong what message does that send out he would have caused them problems today.

And yet the keeper saved it, couldn't have been that bothered by Saville
Makes no fucking sense, like so many bastard things.

Just had a nose on the Sunderland form, talk about delusional "we are by far the better team" "They are animals and the ref is not protecting our youngsters" "They play hoof ball like Wimbledon and Wycombe" blah blah blah blah.

They are right it was definitely men against boys today when they get home don't forget to wrap them up in cotton wool before the next game and they better send that cheating c**t of a ref his bribe money.

Maybe they did not look at the table before and after the game

One of those games where the opposition knock it around like Barcelona, but they didn't really create very much in front of goal, we however created loads. Cracking save by their keeper in the second half.

Disallowed goal, how can the linesman leave it 2 to 3 minutes before deciding on something like that, it's not VAR. Blatant foul on Bradshaw and even worse was the push on Cooper, right in front of the ref, both in the box.

Great atmosphere but a bit surprised by the away support. Chanting all the stupid plastic things the prem lot think are so clever, I though they were better than that. Blowing bubbles song too, wankers.

I know we always get shit refs but this bloke took it to a new level.

Long cost is the game. Came out and missed it. Stays in his line it’s an easy save. Poor goalkeeping.
Harsh!

Having seen the goal he was in a no-win situation. Stay on his line and he wouldn’t have saved it (it goes in off the post🤦‍♂️) come for it and, if he doesn’t get to it, they score. Credit where it’s due, it was a terrific cross that was difficult to defend.

Instead of blaming Long perhaps you should look at Saville (for giving away an unnecessary foul) and, I think, Honeyman (who was nutmegged before Saville fouled). Also, type Sky Millwall and you’ll be returned a picture of Cirkin heading the winner with Billy in front of him! If Billy could get in front of him he should have at least got his head to the ball!

I get the feeling some posters on this Forum latch onto Long at every opportunity and I can’t quite work out why 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

It’s not only us he denies penalties!

Seen the highlights now and the ref is a cunt

Deffo penalty and how that goal was ruled out is a utter fucking joke

Not one of those Sunderland players complained or had their hand up including the keeper

Add to the fact it took so long to rule the fucking goal out and the ref told the linesman to put his flag up after about 3 minutes it is corrupt

A joke of a referee who has to come close to the most one sided referee I have ever seen and that is saying something

Just seen the EFL highlights and the only time Sunderland touched the ball was to score.
Ain't their keeper bloody big for a 14 year old?