Wall V Middlesbrough match thread.

Skeletal muscle cramps may be caused by muscle fatigue or a lack of electrolytes[citation needed] such as sodium (a condition called hyponatremia), potassium (called hypokalemia), or magnesium (called hypomagnesemia[8]). Some skeletal muscle cramps do not have a known cause.[6] Motor neuron disorders (e.g., amyotrophic lateral sclerosis), metabolic disorders (e.g., liver failure), some medications (e.g., diuretics and inhaled beta‐agonists), and haemodialysis may also cause muscle cramps.[6]

Causes of cramping include[9] hyperflexion, hypoxia, exposure to large changes in temperature, dehydration, or low blood salt. Muscle cramps can also be a symptom or complication of pregnancy; kidney disease; thyroid disease; hypokalemia, hypomagnesemia, or hypocalcaemia (as conditions); restless legs syndrome; varicose veins;[10] and multiple sclerosis.[11]

As early as 1965, researchers observed that leg cramps and restless legs syndrome can result from excess insulin, sometimes called hyperinsulinemia.[12]

Funny enough, I was just saying that to one of my cats, who was absolutely enthralled. The other two were bored shitless.

Problem is, if we’re close to the FFP limit, I doubt JB can give Joe any money in the summer! If that happens then we’ll be relying on loans again next season (which isn’t necessarily a bad thing), but we have a good crop of youngsters coming through (and some have made the bench this season), and maybe once we’re safe in the Championship, Joe should give them a chance and see what they can do for us?

That is something Rowett didn't do when we were safe, so let’s hope Joe lives up to his billing as the head coach that does well with youngsters!
In the other hand, if Edwards can already get this style of play out the players we already have in just 9 weeks, what will he be able to do over the rest of the season and going forward?
Yes, we will have some ups and down on the way, that's all part of the process. How to be better going forward but still solid at the back. Nothing different to what every team wants. it's just about getting the balance right.
Lack of fit bodies didn't help today either. I don't think he really wanted to risk either De Norre or Cuffy but had no choice in that last 10 minutes or so.
Let's hope Honeyman is ok for next week too.

Wonder if we have in Danny a budding centre half in the making?

He was outstanding in that position today, and didn’t put a foot wrong!

Put Danny there and if we could get a right wing back like a Norton Cuffy who can get down the wing and terrorise defences (which, let’s face it, Danny isn’t the best at), it would certainly save us a few bob!

It worked for Colin Cooper and Rhino, so why not Danny?

In the other hand, if Edwards can already get this style of play out the players we already have in just 9 weeks, what will he be able to do over the rest of the season and going forward?
Yes, we will have some ups and down on the way, that's all part of the process. How to be better going forward but still solid at the back. Nothing different to what every team wants. it's just about getting the balance right.
Lack of fit bodies didn't help today either. I don't think he really wanted to risk either De Norre or Cuffy but had no choice in that last 10 minutes or so.
Well said

Plus Saville will be available next week.
If I were Joe Edwards now, I would start coaching Watmore to shoot about 4 touches earlier than he does at the moment.
If he could add that to his game, his worth to the team would rise greatly.

Wonder if we have in Danny a budding centre half in the making?

He was outstanding in that position today, and didn’t put a foot wrong!

Put Danny there and if we could get a right wing back like a Norton Cuffy who can get down the wing and terrorise defences (which, let’s face it, Danny isn’t the best at), it would certainly save us a few bob!

It worked for Colin Cooper and Rhino, so why not Danny?
He was outstanding today, best I’ve seen him play. He’s been touched by joes magic wand. Longman best game today too. I think zian needs to be more mobile and involved in last third. Wonder if he needs to work on his fitness. Special mention for honey too, absolutely everywhere helping to create an easy pass and creating. Billy aswell pretty much faultless and some nice forward passes too. Sorry purley.

I've got no problem with us going toe to toe with better teams, especially at home. Sometimes we'll win, sometimes we won't.
What I couldn't stand is us defending for 90 minutes against the mighty Peterborough, at home, even if we did end up scraping a win.
The last time we played Peterborough at home, we won 3-0.
Just saying.

Agree with that... Also, it's starting to look like we have a top coach in our ranks in JE. It will be interesting to see what transfer business is done in the summer by the club to back him. The future could well be rosy with him around for a while (hopefully).

Every decent chance fell to Watmore, as good has he's been he can't finish his dinner!!!
Years back I took the FA Coaching Course Level 1 because I’d agreed to manage an U9s team.

One of the first skills you are told to teach is the ability to keep your head up when running with the ball.

Clearly, a skill Watmore hasn’t been taught 🤦‍♂️

I understand he has a degree that I assume is not football related 😉

Skeletal muscle cramps may be caused by muscle fatigue or a lack of electrolytes[citation needed] such as sodium (a condition called hyponatremia), potassium (called hypokalemia), or magnesium (called hypomagnesemia[8]). Some skeletal muscle cramps do not have a known cause.[6] Motor neuron disorders (e.g., amyotrophic lateral sclerosis), metabolic disorders (e.g., liver failure), some medications (e.g., diuretics and inhaled beta‐agonists), and haemodialysis may also cause muscle cramps.[6]

Causes of cramping include[9] hyperflexion, hypoxia, exposure to large changes in temperature, dehydration, or low blood salt. Muscle cramps can also be a symptom or complication of pregnancy; kidney disease; thyroid disease; hypokalemia, hypomagnesemia, or hypocalcaemia (as conditions); restless legs syndrome; varicose veins;[10] and multiple sclerosis.[11]

As early as 1965, researchers observed that leg cramps and restless legs syndrome can result from excess insulin, sometimes called hyperinsulinemia.[12]
You beat me to it

Years back I took the FA Coaching Course Level 1 because I’d agreed to manage an U9s team.

One of the first skills you are told to teach is the ability to keep your head up when running with the ball.

Clearly, a skill Watmore hasn’t been taught 🤦‍♂️

I understand he has a degree that I assume is not football related 😉
Business studies, I think.

As poplar lion said , you won't be leaving the ground early playing like that as it seems it's possible a goal could come at any time. Unfortunately today it was a case of one touch to many for a couple of the players.It might just be me but I forgot Flemming was on the pitch until the blocked shot late on.Id have thought he'd thrive with this style. Been years since we've had the ball in the box through open play like it has been.

The fitness of our players is a bit suspect again!

Boro had players in the team today that played against Chelsea mid week, but the likes of Honeyman goes down with cramp, yet he and the rest of the team that played today had a whole week off!

How does that happen?
Conditions were tough today, I jumped out of my seat with cramp for only the 2nd time in 70 years 🤦‍♂️😉

Cooper takes his chance and it is 2-0 and we probably have 3 points.

Longman was outstanding for most of the game and I thought Billy had his best game this season. Watmore‘s movement was fantastic, but no vision and composure in the final third.
Agree with everything apart from Billy, once again a weak link in CM who gets caught in possession too often and ducks out aerial challenges aka AOB 🤷‍♂️

Next time we’re short in CM and want a holding midfielder I’d take a chance and try Murray 🤔