Wall V Middlesbrough match thread.

As poplar lion said , you won't be leaving the ground early playing like that as it seems it's possible a goal could come at any time. Unfortunately today it was a case of one touch to many for a couple of the players.It might just be me but I forgot Flemming was on the pitch until the blocked shot late on.Id have thought he'd thrive with this style. Been years since we've had the ball in the box through open play like it has been.
Another day everything goes in

Joe Bryan needs needs to get his arse in gear when the other team break on our left. Reminds me of Ray Wilkins joggin behind Maradonna when he scored against England in 86.

He was outstanding today, best I’ve seen him play. He’s been touched by joes magic wand. Longman best game today too. I think zian needs to be more mobile and involved in last third. Wonder if he needs to work on his fitness. Special mention for honey too, absolutely everywhere helping to create an easy pass and creating. Billy aswell pretty much faultless and some nice forward passes too. Sorry purley.
Agree 💯 apart from Billy. Once again sadly lacking 👎. I’ve commented elsewhere why I think that, clearly him gallivanting over the pitch without delivering catches the eye of some but not me!

First 20 minutes was the best I’ve seen us play in decades.

Lacking composure in the final third!
We’ve lacked quality in the final third today. Watmore made some poor decisions when we had the ball in dangerous positions. I think we need Nesbit on the ball more - he looks class when he’s got the ball at his feet. Flemming was quiet again and at times our defence were very stretched. Not a bad performance, but a day to take some learnings from. Definite progress none the less, which lets face it - is all we can ask for.

We’ve lacked quality in the final third today. Watmore made some poor decisions when we had the ball in dangerous positions. I think we need Nesbit on the ball more - he looks class when he’s got the ball at his feet. Flemming was quiet again and at times our defence were very stretched. Not a bad performance, but a day to take some learnings from. Definite progress none the less, which lets face it - is all we can ask for.
I don't think the one up front with 2 wide forwards works with Nesbit, he doesn't have the fitness or work rate to play the way Bradshaw does.
With Bradshaw out for 6 weeks we need to play to Nesbit's strengths, if we can't get a target man in we should play Flemming up top with him with Esse in the 10.
I think Nesbit is finding the step up from the Farmers league tough, he never seems to be in the right place at the right time, always seems to be on his heels not his toes!

Not disappointed at all we played the best I've seen for quite some time, we made a good team look ordinary and if we keep progressing at this rate we will be up there.

Referee was piss poor again and so were both linesman, the one on the east stand side missed four clear offsides due to being so far behind play he could not see.

Someone please explain how the assault on Cooper in their box in the second half was not a penalty.

Agree with everything apart from Billy, once again a weak link in CM who gets caught in possession too often and ducks out aerial challenges aka AOB 🤷‍♂️

Next time we’re short in CM and want a holding midfielder I’d take a chance and try Murray 🤔
I’ve said that about Murray so many times.

Exactly. You can’t put todays result down to us being shit. We’re playing some of the best football I’ve seen in years and we’re winning again. Yes, we still lack that £150m striker, but if we keep selling pints at £6 a pop, you never know.
Norwich sell bottles at £7. Beer not spirit

Despite the result, I would still rather watch a display like that, all day long, than some of the stuff served up under you know who.
I see people saying they'd rather do down playing nice football than watch Rowett ball and a chance of the play offs. People are strange.

Members online