Vermin today

No. Theyā€™ve only been doing it 10 or so years. 20 tops. Very very cringeworthy
To think at one point it was only the thames that seperated us. We were like a pair of brothers that fought each other. Same backrounds, upbringings, morals and ethics. Not only did thier owners sell there soul but so did there once highly respected firm. From books to videos to courting the medias attention and down right lies, and all for a quick pound note and all whilst breaking the code that we still stand by.

We put our hands up when we've come off second best. There is no shame in that cause it's the taking part and standing your ground that matters. We know what humble pie tastes like even though we haven't had to eat much of it. That lot across the water have become a parody of themselves and are now just a source of light entertainment. You can't buy class or dignity, it's born into you and passed on. How the mighty have fallen!

Theyā€™re a new breed now, the canning townā€™s ,poplarā€™s,Stratfordā€™s and plaistowā€™s of yesteryear have become watered down and replaced by the bearded ones and hipsters, most of their ā€œfirmā€ these days were born in Essex and grew up in a different environment unlike their predecessors tough backgrounds, I know a few of them who stopped going the moment they left Upton Park and havenā€™t stepped foot into the new gaff, the ā€œcross arms/handcuff meā€ thing they do now is cringeworthy as is that scatty ā€œ irons,irons,ironsā€ chant they do at any god given opportunity.. if we played them over there it would be carnage given the layout of the stadium.

Thankfully we still have a hardcore support that is still based in south London. A lot of our youngens have been brought up on the tough estates of Bermondsey, Walworth, Peckham and Lewisham. Then you have the Eltham and Sidcup lot. We've done very well to keep our traditions and identity in what is a fast changing London. Feels like we're the last bastions and torch bearers for the old London that we grew up in and loved so dearly.

Thankfully we still have a hardcore support that is still based in south London. A lot of our youngens have been brought up on the tough estates of Bermondsey, Walworth, Peckham and Lewisham. Then you have the Eltham and Sidcup lot. We've done very well to keep our traditions and identity in what is a fast changing London. Feels like we're the last bastions and torch bearers for the old London that we grew up in and loved so dearly.
It seems to me we do not look to compare ourselves to any one.
No need to aspire to this fantasy of being the greatest.
Just a group of solid people who love Millwall and live their lives outside of football the way they do around the game.
The people I have stood next to at Millwall do not tolerate nonsense in their lives as well as around the team they love.
The new security surrounding the game has put an end to the fv of old.
It is a niche thing now and as always a need to know affair.

As for all the book writing glory hunting tales from that lot and others, what has it achieved.
A few quid. Being recognised for having a fight . Then try and create a myth about it all.
F that. Get on with life . Keep stum and live anonymously.
Bunch of clowns the lot of them.
The other thing I do not understand is this making allegiances with other teams in Europe.
Some young Italian kid was talking to me about how he was Lazio, if my memory serves me well.
That he was West Ham aswell and they had some sort of connection
I told him Millwall have not got or need any friends from other teams.
And all I could care about was Millwall.
The concept that I support Millwall and not interested in any other football team was lost on him. Or football in general.
The world Cup used to grab my attention.
Nosegate put that to bed.

The other thing I do not understand is this making allegiances with other teams in Europe.
It seems to be quite a thing with the youths that are coming through. The internet has made the world smaller. Football culture and youth firms are very different to the ones we grew up in. Lots of firms abroad are either divded or in solidarity for political reasons.

Left and right is what seperates them rather than club colours. It's quite prevalent in Italy, Germany and Spain. That's without going into what's going on FV wise in eastern europe where in some cases it's like how it was over here in the eighties, rife.

We don't really fawn over anyone but we are fawned upon and are still highly revered across europe. We set the blue print in some ways for what these firms want to emulate.

When the Ruskies took the piss in France in 2016 it was our lot that sought them out and took it to them. On CSKA Moscows forum they wrote a piece on the events. They said the English firm were pussies and weak but not Millwall, Millwall are the real deal and warriors.

This page, of this thread, is probably the best that I have read in a long long time.
Much bigger clubs than us in this country.
Much bigger clubs in Europe, but as stated by Peckham, we are the ones that they want to be, want to beat......... what, little ol Millwall????
They still havenā€™t yet twigged, that when we were only getting : 5-6-7 k they with their 20-30 k still couldnā€™t control the lions.
I also love watching my age group with their sprogs, turning in to new lions.

Peckham, new cross, walworth, Lewisham, Bermondsey, and beyond. spent many a night boozing in those areas.
Memories, that can never be taken away.

I have said before, I just love millwall.
Loved the old Den, and getting to love the new one. (I know, 30 years šŸ˜€)
Second clubs ??? I donā€™t even understand the question.

Has anyone here got a mate that is West ham? Personally i can't be in the same room as one of them. My back goes up and i start growling if i get anywhere near one.
My best mate was West Ham Johnny RIP but not in any way a chap. Met him through work and he hated me at first because he knew I was into agro. I've had contact with a few through the FV forums. None are in any way mates but they hate what their club has become and they all think wall are the only ones in London still flying the flag.

Re second clubs, thereā€™s a couple of non league clubs I look out for, and also CD Tenerife, because I have a connection to the island, but wouldnā€™t class them as second clubs. Maybe I will with Tenerife when Iā€™m living out there I will as Iā€™ll be going to watch them a lot to get my fix of live football. But as it stands itā€™s only Millwall. My first love šŸ™šŸ¼

Re second clubs, thereā€™s a couple of non league clubs I look out for, and also CD Tenerife, because I have a connection to the island, but wouldnā€™t class them as second clubs. Maybe I will with Tenerife when Iā€™m living out there I will as Iā€™ll be going to watch them a lot to get my fix of live football. But as it stands itā€™s only Millwall. My first love šŸ™šŸ¼
I always look out for Lecce the Puglia club. Just sold my gaff there after 20 years and most of my band support them. I gave them a Millwall shirt that used to hang in a restaurant there.

I am in Naples regularly and my mates and the whole city are mad for their team . I am happy for my mates and their Napoli families when they win. I was invited out to celebrate the championship and tried to go but timings were out.
In time I hope to spend a lot more time out here , then no doubt I will catch a game. Go to the bars by the stadium as one is 24 hrs a day and the boss is a character.
In another area of Naples a bar owner kept going on about the vermin. Walking around repeating his vermin chants toward me. This after I had explained the depth of rivarry between us.He was a prxxk . I ended up taking hold of him by his wrists and telling him that he was putting me in a position that is making me want to fight.My mates who own the bar next door were in stitches.
Silly prick soon gave me a swerve.

This page, of this thread, is probably the best that I have read in a long long time.
Much bigger clubs than us in this country.
Much bigger clubs in Europe, but as stated by Peckham, we are the ones that they want to be, want to beat......... what, little ol Millwall????
They still havenā€™t yet twigged, that when we were only getting : 5-6-7 k they with their 20-30 k still couldnā€™t control the lions.
I also love watching my age group with their sprogs, turning in to new lions.

Peckham, new cross, walworth, Lewisham, Bermondsey, and beyond. spent many a night boozing in those areas.
Memories, that can never be taken away.

I have said before, I just love millwall.
Loved the old Den, and getting to love the new one. (I know, 30 years šŸ˜€)
Second clubs ??? I donā€™t even understand the question.

spot on. we never gave a f...k regardless of numbers away from home in the old leagues, wall always went in despite the outcome and tbh we didnt take many away up north years ago. Even some of the so called big clubs we met in cups etc found us a handful., Great times and met some great people