Two or three more next week

No we haven’t. We’re 33/1 to win it and 9/1 to get promoted. The odds haven’t changed that much in the last few weeks that I’ve been checking.
But they're ' mainstream ' bookies so not to be trusted the same as ' non mainstream ' bookies who have their finger on the pulse :silly:

Going back to a previous post

Riis scored every 194 minutes
Giro - 211
Adebayo - 211
Ward - 204
Bradshaw - 150.
Adobe last 10 games 900 minutes 6 goals - 150.

The top 4 might well have had a better season if they were with us but it might just be that these 6 are of a similar standard, if we already had one of the others in the side instead of Bradshaw then I wouldn't want us to sign Bradshaw but seeing as he is with us can we afford anyone better?

I don't see enough of Gyrokeres et al to say that they are better players than Afobe and Bradshaw, but based on their performances against us, I would be pleased if we had Gyrokeres and Adebayo (sadly almost certainly out of our price bracket now). Can't remember the other two.

I like a stat probably more than the next man, but the one that matters here is 'Goals scored'. Afobe and Bradshaw scored 21 goals between them, the extra 9+ goals provided by any two of the other four would have probably seen us in the play-offs.

Nb. Bit disingenuous to select Afobe's last 10 games for the comparison. I'd imagine that the best 10 games for any of the others would offer a better return than a goal every 150 minutes😉

I don't see enough of Gyrokeres et al to say that they are better players than Afobe and Bradshaw, but based on their performances against us, I would be pleased if we had Gyrokeres and Adebayo (sadly almost certainly out of our price bracket now). Can't remember the other two.

I like a stat probably more than the next man, but the one that matters here is 'Goals scored'. Afobe and Bradshaw scored 21 goals between them, the extra 9+ goals provided by any two of the other four would have probably seen us in the play-offs.

Nb. Bit disingenuous to select Afobe's last 10 games for the comparison. I'd imagine that the best 10 games for any of the others would offer a better return than a goal every 150 minutes😉

I added the Adobe bit because he had a good finish to the season, he and Rowett both have recently mentioned that it took him a long time to find his form and that from the site that I got the stats from showed 10 games at a time.

My main point is that Bradshaw didn't do that badly getting 9 goals as he only played 1/3rd of the season and that I feel we can't afford to bring in a ready made replacement that would see a better return.
I am hoping that we do sign a young forward with the potential to be better than him as we don't seem to have any in the U23's.

No we haven’t. We’re 33/1 to win it and 9/1 to get promoted. The odds haven’t changed that much in the last few weeks that I’ve been checking.
I've been checking too mate.. and last night we were 33-1 to win and now we are 9-1 to win.

Ignore my last post.... I've obviously clicked on the wrong buttons... you are correct mate.

Going back to a previous post

Riis scored every 194 minutes
Giro - 211
Adebayo - 211
Ward - 204
Bradshaw - 150.
Adobe last 10 games 900 minutes 6 goals - 150.

The top 4 might well have had a better season if they were with us but it might just be that these 6 are of a similar standard, if we already had one of the others in the side instead of Bradshaw then I wouldn't want us to sign Bradshaw but seeing as he is with us can we afford anyone better?
Bradshaw will be our top scorer this season per time played.

I think our youngsters might supprise us this season Look how Mac and Billy have come on in two seasons Why not Burly and a few others ?

No reason why he can't if he stays fit. I reckon we'll create a lot more chances for him now we have a balanced side, i'd imagine he'll take the penalties too!
If Bradshaw stays fit then I think the pair of them will be on to a winner. On his own he was limited In terms of his potency. Not his fault, just that I think he had to adapt and compensate beacuse of It. Scoring 12/13 goals last season does not do him enough justice In terms of the negative approach that we too often led with.

If I was to get carried away, and I am out of fun but also out of a reasonable simplified belief, his 12 or so goals can be equated to the equivalent of 20.