Two or three more next week

Just spoke to mate and told him about Creswell ,said the same to him ,with a couple more quality signings and we are looking like a very good top six side ,I think we are going for it this season and we are building a good squad for the next 3 yrs or so ,the future is looking good , can't wait for the season to start now and am excited to see who the next two through the door are ,Sibley would be worth investing in ,hope we get him .

Not sold on the kid Sibley, got a hatrick against us but nothing much after that. Would prefer another striker, RWB and LWB so we have all positions covered, but if the deal is on for Sibley at a reasonable price could be a good bit of business if he does well. Signings so far have really impressed me and cannot argue with the players GR has brought in.

Need firepower. 2 strikers who will score 20 each. Unless we never concede.
The 20 goals a season striker is a bit of a false reasoning nowdays, 30 years ago when players played a full season you could judge them but now very few play that many minutes in a season.

46 games at 90 minutes is 4,140 minutes.
Last season Solanke scored 29 goals, sounds great but he played 4096 minutes so he scored every 141 minutes.
We seem to wish for a player like him but yet Bradshaw who scored 9 goals played for 1351 so he scored every 150 minutes, at that rate he would of finished the season with 27 goals if he carried on scoring at that rate and played the same minutes as Solanke.

To me it looks like we are going to see the goals spread around several players again.

With Covid out of the way**, new players in and a contract extension for GR, it all feels like a new manager bounce at the club. It's easy to forget how much the Pandemic fucked everything up.
GR got the club through difficult times and it's good to see Millwall show faith in him by backing him.

Off the field, JB and the club have handled the business side of things in a sensible way. On the field, if the team can gel reasonably quickly, we could be in for a good sustained season at the top end of the league.

The 20 goals a season striker is a bit of a false reasoning nowdays, 30 years ago when players played a full season you could judge them but now very few play that many minutes in a season.

Last season Solanke scored 29 goals, sounds great but he played 4096 minutes so he scored every 141 minutes.
We seem to wish for a player like him but yet Bradshaw who scored 9 goals played for 1351 so he scored every 150 minutes, at that rate he would of finished the season with 27 goals if he carried on scoring at that rate and played the same minutes as Solanke.

To me it looks like we are going to see the goals spread around several players again.
The more telling metrics are 'Goals conceded' and 'Goals scored'. We were the 5th best team in the C'ship for 'Goals conceded' last season, but 16th for 'Goals scored'. It's clear that we need more goals whatever the source.

The more telling metrics are 'Goals conceded' and 'Goals scored'. We were the 5th best team in the C'ship for 'Goals conceded' last season, but 16th for 'Goals scored'. It's clear that we need more goals whatever the source.
We do but can we afford better than what we have already, I did read Wolves wanted around 20m for Gibbs-white, he looked like someone who will score a lot of goals in our division if he got the service.

Need firepower. 2 strikers who will score 20 each. Unless we never concede.

You’re living in dreamland if you think that we, or anyone else for that matter, are suddenly going to unearth two mystery strikers that are going to score 20 goals in a season. There was only five players in the championship that scored over 20 last year, and two of them were Mitrovic and Solanke who cost tens of millions so I’d guess the chances of us finding two within a few weeks are pretty slim.

We do but can we afford better than what we have already, I did read Wolves wanted around 20m for Gibbs-white, he looked like someone who will score a lot of goals in our division if he got the service.
Not easy to find but they do exist: Gyrokeres, Rils, Adebayo, Ward all scored 15+ goals last season for unfashionable teams. Probably all within our budget.

The likes of Gibbs-White, Mitrovik, Solanke, Brereton are clearly unaffordable.

Can you simplify that amazing forensic analysis Edward, please!? 🙈

Not easy to find but they do exist: Gyrokeres, Rils, Adebayo, Ward all scored 15+ goals last season for unfashionable teams. Probably all within our budget.

The likes of Gibbs-White, Mitrovik, Solanke, Brereton are clearly unaffordable.
Going back to a previous post

Riis scored every 194 minutes
Giro - 211
Adebayo - 211
Ward - 204
Bradshaw - 150.
Adobe last 10 games 900 minutes 6 goals - 150.

The top 4 might well have had a better season if they were with us but it might just be that these 6 are of a similar standard, if we already had one of the others in the side instead of Bradshaw then I wouldn't want us to sign Bradshaw but seeing as he is with us can we afford anyone better?