Trains Sat 25th

No trains to South Bermondsey was the least of my problems on Saturday. I travel from Bristol and like to have time to spare and really needed it this time. Usually aim to get to Paddington just after 1.00 and at the ground for around 2 no matter which way I go. Saturday there was a suspected broken rail just after SWindon so got stuck there for 40 minutes while it was checked out and then ran slow into London getting to Paddington for 2.15. Underground worked well so got to Bermondsey around 2.45 and then down to the Den only missing the first 5 minutes.

By the end I did wonder why I'd bothered even more so when I got back to Paddington to find loads of trains cancelled - the suspected broken rail turned out to be just that. Had to wait 1 hour 20 minutes to get on an overcrowded train to get home.

Amazes me how far some of our supporters travel for home games. Not what we now call the day trippers, fellas like VassalsWall from Bristol and chap on another thread who flew down from Scotland.
I’m a 20 min walk and that gives me the hump when we lose.

I live in south norfolk. I usually meets up with mates who variously travel from Sunderland, Derbyshire, Shropshire and Cheshire. Three of that group have season tickets and most do the evening games too. You’ll find us everywhere. Blokes on here moaning about south Bermondsey station being shut or a walk from New Cross don’t know the half of it.

I live in south norfolk. I usually meets up with mates who variously travel from Sunderland, Derbyshire, Shropshire and Cheshire. Three of that group have season tickets and most do the evening games too. You’ll find us everywhere. Blokes on here moaning about south Bermondsey station being shut or a walk from New Cross don’t know the half of it.
Couldn’t agree more.
People moaning about the all foreign day trippers on Saturday who miraculously managed to get here from all over Europe & yet they can’t work out how to travel a few miles.

Couldn’t agree more.
People moaning about the all foreign day trippers on Saturday who miraculously managed to get here from all over Europe & yet they can’t work out how to travel a few miles.
I remember going to watch England at the old Wembley. The drive from South London was always horrendous and took hours. What made it worse was blokes from Sheffield and Rotherham drove down and took them less time than us. Never drove there since.

That's some dedication, whatever mode of transport, nothing seems easy to travel distances to The Den at the moment.

I was working in Birmingham earlier in the year and got the train down on a Saturday.
On pops this older lady, Millwall badges on her
Got talking and she chose to all of the games.
Good on her 😁😁😁

Courtesy of Google Maps:
Two slightly different routes.
2.2 miles 47 minute walk
That's great, thanks.
When we arrived before the match, at Bermondsey underground station, I didn't even know the way from there to the ground.