Trains Sat 25th

CrawLion

Charlton mode on...

Just checked my route and it doesn't look like trains are running between London Bridge and South Bermondsey. So another game where we walk from New Cross Gate.

Got this off the Southern rail site:

Date:
25 November - 26 November 2023 11:59 PM

Routes affected:
Southern between London Bridge and East Croydon / Beckenham Junction

Engineering work is taking place between Peckham Rye and Streatham, closing all lines.

Buses will replace trains between London Bridge and Streatham Common via Peckham Rye / Streatham.

On Saturday, no trains will run between London Bridge and Beckenham Junction.

You can also use paper tickets with London Buses on routes:

• 37 between Peckham Rye - East Dulwich - North Dulwich - Herne Hill - Clapham Junction
  • 133 between London Bridge - Elephant & Castle - Streatham
  • P13 between New Cross - Peckham Rye - East Dulwich - North Dulwich - Tulse Hill - Streatham

Charlton mode off...

If you have the choice, Surrey Quays is closer than New Cross Gate.
Charlton mode on...

Just checked on the London Overground and it looks like that isn't running to Surrey Quays on Saturday either :confused:

From the web site:

LONDON OVERGROUND: Saturday 25 and Sunday 26 November (including Friday and Saturday Night Overground), no service between Highbury & Islington and New Cross / Clapham Junction / Crystal Palace / West Croydon. Alternative London Overground trains operate between Highbury & Islington, Canonbury and Dalston Kingsland. Use Southern trains for stations between New Cross Gate and Crystal Palace. Replacement buses operate.

Replacement bus services operateService M: Canada Water - Surrey Quays - Queens Road Peckham - Peckham Rye - Denmark Hill - Clapham High Street - Wandsworth Road - Clapham Junction; Service N: Crystal Palace - Anerley (for Penge West) - Norwood Junction - Selhurst (for Southern) - West Croydon; Service X: Dalston Kingsland - Dalston Junction - Haggerston - Hoxton - Shoreditch High Street - Whitechapel (please use London Buses Route D3 connections for Shadwell and Wapping) - Tower Gateway (for DLR) - Bermondsey (for Jubilee line and London Buses Route 381 and C10 connections to/from Rotherhithe) - Canada Water (for London Buses Route 381 and C10 connections to/from Rotherhithe) - Surrey Quays - Deptford Bridge (for DLR) - New Cross - New Cross Gate;

Charlton mode off....

stoat-04.jpg

Can we get this right once and for all. They are

Canada Dock and Surrey Docks.

From pedantic grumpy old git
👍 always will be surrey docks, the "dock" which is no longer a dock as is now at best a 1/4 of the size it used to be and being made smaller, used to swim in albion and canada dock as a kid, mum and dad (docker) still live a few hundred yards away on Canada estate.

Lion of Rotherhithe. The Premier Tomber do k in the UK.. Not .much you old tell those Deel Porterz about Timber.

Money claim to fame I the ,Surrey was sinking an empty barge in the Greenland sailing in the early hours with nasty fog linging to the water.

Another walking trek for me, train to Nunhead. I could drive in, but it's bad enough normal Saturdays let alone when there's train problems and Christmas shoppers.
Does Tfl and National Rail look at our fixtures and decide to organise engineering works?
Is there a rail strike next home game (Sunderland. 2nd December)?

Lion of Rotherhithe. The Premier Tomber do k in the UK.. Not .much you old tell those Deel Porterz about Timber.

Money claim to fame I the ,Surrey was sinking an empty barge in the Greenland sailing in the early hours with nasty fog linging to the water.
Obs were you a Pirate in your Younger days. The barge might have been empty when it sunk. 🤔

Secondwave , never a pirate, been accused by a couple of Captains of being a "Cowboy". Cheeky sods. Barge was definitely empty as the "Clang" it made when we hit could have been heard for miles. We had a slight dent and a repainting job on the Stem. Never heard any come back...thankfully.

There is a bus (p12) that you can catch from junction of Jamaica rd/southwark park Road that will take you to the ground although it does go round the houses to get there
I’m aware of that, thanks.

When it’s the last resort I do the walk from Bermondsey, it’s just it’s a dull route 🤷‍♂️