This time next week...

How many times do we who want Rowett out have to say it. It's not about the results, it's about the performances. It WILL NOT change under Rowett.
I have no problem with getting beat if they've had a go but still getting beat anyway after just trying to defend for 90 minutes and without hardly a shot on goal, let alone on target, week after week. It's just soul destroying. But I will never, ever wish my team to lose like some of you are accusing us of.

Don't spoil it for him, one needs a reason to be angry at the board for not doing what they think should happen.
No anger from me. I haven’t wanted Rowett out. Not yet, anyways! I’m hoping he’ll see the light and turn it all around!

You ask the question “what would they (Cooper and Wilder) be like managing a team of mainly inept journeymen at a club with next to fuck all to spend?”

No one knows until one of them comes here. They could be a revelation or they could be worse than Rowett, but that shouldn’t stop a chairman like JB, who has invested heavily in us, from making that decision in the best interests of the club! At the moment, the club’s best interest is staying in the Championship! If JB thinks Rowett can’t do this, he has to find a manager who can!

Of the two, I’d prefer Cooper, yet even he is struggling in the Prem with Forest, and they’ve spent upwards of £150M+ so throwing money at the problem doesn’t always work!

Other than those two I mentioned (and I only mentioned them because they are currently struggling and might be sacked soon), I can’t think of another manager in any of the English leagues that might want to come here for the challenge! The only other option would be to look abroad, but that in itself could bring its own problems!

Its a difficult one!

No one knows until one of them comes here.
They won't, they will never need to unless there worth plummetts because they've gone shit. Plenty of northern clubs with dough will keep them in work.

, but that shouldn’t stop a chairman like JB, who has invested heavily in us, from making that decision in the best interests of the club!
I can't see how sacking Rowett now, with a pay off, plus finding a new,appropriate, affordable and available manager is in the best interests of the club. It might be to you cause your bored of his style, the board probabaly are too but they won't waste money on sacking him.

If they run the board and made decisions on whims and personal qualms'we 'd be fucked cause they'd all want their best mate on board. Rowett has given them two good seasons, at board level he;s delivering what they've asked.

At the moment, the club’s best interest is staying in the Championship! If JB thinks Rowett can’t do this, he has to find a manager who can!
He's given the club it's two best league finishes in decades, i don't think Berylson will be singing, your football is shit, at Rowett for a while yet.

How many times do we who want Rowett out have to say it. It's not about the results, it's about the performances. It WILL NOT change under Rowett.
I have no problem with getting beat if they've had a go but still getting beat anyway after just trying to defend for 90 minutes and without hardly a shot on goal, let alone on target, week after week. It's just soul destroying. But I will never, ever wish my team to lose like some of you are accusing us of.
Fair shout mate. No question he has to change tactics and lively. Most of us probably feel the same, if he doesn't change, I reckon most of us saying keep him will jump to your side of the fence soon. It is proper shit watching us 'play' this way. I don't think anyone disagrees with that

Oh cone on Andover, you're usually the voice of reason on here.. jb's financial investment would put us down near relegation compared to most in this league... and Jed's a cunt.
Our payroll spending puts us 15th, although the last few years has seen our transfer budget increased. Overall, especially during lockdown when a lot of other clubs cut back, I’d say the way the club is run under JB with the new sponsorship puts us about mid table.

The Jed/Rowett factor is debatable, but I’d rather have another manager that will have a go at home and not bore the tits off me.

my mood drops every time i think about wall these days. grim.

i want him to turn it around and don't want him sacked. i think he's record at the club alogn with the fact that he has brought some new blood in means he should get another 5-10 games. lets not loose our shit.
Pretty much my thoughts.

There are 9 games to go until the WC break. If there is going to be a change then that would be the most logical time to make it.

They won't, they will never need to unless there worth plummetts because they've gone shit. Plenty of northern clubs with dough will keep them in work.
I agree with you, which is why I said that I can’t think of any other half decent manager coming to us, unless they’re out of work, which usually means they’re crap! Managers like Adkins, Bowyer and Hughton fit that crap category, and I wouldn’t want any of those 3 near the club!
I can't see how sacking Rowett now, with a pay off, plus finding a new,appropriate, affordable and available manager is in the best interests of the club. It might be to you cause your bored of his style, the board probabaly are too but they won't waste money on sacking him.
JB won’t sack Rowett for the above reasons you’ve stated. Having said that, I’d like to think JB has learnt his lesson after the Hollowhead debacle, and not leave it till the eleventh hour to get rid of Rowett, when we’re in or hovering above the relegation zone in March next year!
If they run the board and made decisions on whims and personal qualms'we 'd be fucked cause they'd all want their best mate on board. Rowett has given them two good seasons, at board level he;s delivering what they've asked.
Agreed, but that was then and this is a new season. It’s been rumoured that Rowett only signed his new contract because he’d been given the funds he wanted to build a team that will get us a play off spot. Now he has that team, he has to deliver for JB and the board, us the supporters and more importantly for himself. He’s been manager of a few fairly biggish sized clubs in the past: Stoke, Derby and Birmingham, but as their manager he has never got any of them promotion to the Prem! In Stoke’s case, he spent upwards of £50M+ to get the club into the Prem, yet they’re still playing us every season!

You would think that those failures has to have hurt his pride a bit, but at those clubs (and now with us), he hasn’t learnt from his past mistakes, and that‘s got to be a worry! All of the board’s current good will might start to evaporate come Christmas time, if we’re still mid table and 10 points off 6th place!
He's given the club it's two best league finishes in decades, i don't think Berylson will be singing, your football is shit, at Rowett for a while yet.
He won’t, and those last two seasons finishes will give him a bit of good will and a bit of time to turn this shit show round. The only way the team will play better is if he changes his stubborn ways! If he doesn’t and he’s collecting his P45 come March of next year, he’ll only have himself to blame!

Cooper is out of our pay range, he’ll surely be in the running for a job like West Brom or Watford when they inevitably sack their manager in a month or two.

Wilder is a more obvious suggestion but I guarantee that everyone will want him gone within six months. A quick look through Middlesbrough’s social media and you’ll see the same generic criticisms as what our fans are throwing around now. ‘Boring football’ ‘Only plays his mates’ ‘Tactically inept’ ‘Won’t play the youngsters’ and so on.

Mind you both are better than some of the nonsense I’ve seen on Millwall Twitter and Facebook today. Bircham, Morison, Davidson, Nugent, Cahill, Harris (despite abusing the fella and his family a few years ago), Jackett (again) and someone even saying they preferred Holloway for fucks sake. All this after a narrow defeat away to Blackburn.
A draw at Rotherham and a win Saturday we'll be just outside the playoffs and the manager that's given us three successive top half finishes will be great again

Performances have not been great this season, but they haven't been terrible. We are usually very hard to beat and defensively sound but mistakes keep being made and we are suffering because of that.

The team is constantly being changed, there are almost too many options available. Shackleton plays midfield, then wing-back. Same with Styles. Flemming plays wide left, then striker, then as a number 10. Honeyman plays central midfield, then as a number 10. Afobe has been in and out of the side, as has McNamara.

A lot of players are not in form. Cresswell has scored a few goals but is making some big mistakes and you cannot do that at centre-back. Honeyman started well but has faded badly and is not good enough to play as a number 10. Malone's final ball is terrible and can do a lot better. Even Murray has suffered this season, but he is still our best defender.

The manager is responsible for the team and everything that goes with it. The buck stops with him. I personally think it would be madness to sack him. I had a look at his managerial career and where his teams finish the season.

Burton 2013 4th
Burton 2014 6th
Burton 2015 (Left the team in October when they were in 2nd place for Birmingham)
Birmingham 2015 10th
Birmingham 2016 (Sacked in December when they were in 7th place)
Derby 2017 9th
Derby 2018 6th (Left for Stoke at end of the season)
Stoke 2019 14th (Sacked in January)
Millwall 2020 8th
Millwall 2021 11th
Millwall 2022 9th

Performances have not been great this season, but they haven't been terrible. We are usually very hard to beat and defensively sound but mistakes keep being made and we are suffering because of that.

The team is constantly being changed, there are almost too many options available. Shackleton plays midfield, then wing-back. Same with Styles. Flemming plays wide left, then striker, then as a number 10. Honeyman plays central midfield, then as a number 10. Afobe has been in and out of the side, as has McNamara.

A lot of players are not in form. Cresswell has scored a few goals but is making some big mistakes and you cannot do that at centre-back. Honeyman started well but has faded badly and is not good enough to play as a number 10. Malone's final ball is terrible and can do a lot better. Even Murray has suffered this season, but he is still our best defender.

The manager is responsible for the team and everything that goes with it. The buck stops with him. I personally think it would be madness to sack him. I had a look at his managerial career and where his teams finish the season.

Burton 2013 4th
Burton 2014 6th
Burton 2015 (Left the team in October when they were in 2nd place for Birmingham)
Birmingham 2015 10th
Birmingham 2016 (Sacked in December when they were in 7th place)
Derby 2017 9th
Derby 2018 6th (Left for Stoke at end of the season)
Stoke 2019 14th (Sacked in January)
Millwall 2020 8th
Millwall 2021 11th
Millwall 2022 9th
No matter what way you look at it , he has a decent record, we are only ever one bad appt away from league 1

No matter what way you look at it , he has a decent record, we are only ever one bad appt away from league 1

I agree. I don't think we will get relegated with Rowett in charge. His ability to pull results out of the bag when needed is proven.

The style of football isn't great, I have my issues with some of his decisions and tactics but his record as a manager is there in black and white.

..there is a very distinct chance that we will be in the bottom 3, can't see us getting anything from Rotherham, 'Boro will be a watershed game, they are worse than us, we get nothing from that game the crowd will turn on GR.
GR only normally lasts 150 odd games at clubs, it will be down to JB, I'm sure he won't let the Hollowhead thing to happen again, waiting to long to get someone else in could mean a disaster of relegation!
Not as much as that mate.
No anger from me. I haven’t wanted Rowett out. Not yet, anyways! I’m hoping he’ll see the light and turn it all around!

You ask the question “what would they (Cooper and Wilder) be like managing a team of mainly inept journeymen at a club with next to fuck all to spend?”

No one knows until one of them comes here. They could be a revelation or they could be worse than Rowett, but that shouldn’t stop a chairman like JB, who has invested heavily in us, from making that decision in the best interests of the club! At the moment, the club’s best interest is staying in the Championship! If JB thinks Rowett can’t do this, he has to find a manager who can!

Of the two, I’d prefer Cooper, yet even he is struggling in the Prem with Forest, and they’ve spent upwards of £150M+ so throwing money at the problem doesn’t always work!

Other than those two I mentioned (and I only mentioned them because they are currently struggling and might be sacked soon), I can’t think of another manager in any of the English leagues that might want to come here for the challenge! The only other option would be to look abroad, but that in itself could bring its own problems!

Its a difficult one!
Wilder sacked so could be a replacement 😉

Cooper is out of our pay range, he’ll surely be in the running for a job like West Brom or Watford when they inevitably sack their manager in a month or two.

Wilder is a more obvious suggestion but I guarantee that everyone will want him gone within six months. A quick look through Middlesbrough’s social media and you’ll see the same generic criticisms as what our fans are throwing around now. ‘Boring football’ ‘Only plays his mates’ ‘Tactically inept’ ‘Won’t play the youngsters’ and so on.

Mind you both are better than some of the nonsense I’ve seen on Millwall Twitter and Facebook today. Bircham, Morison, Davidson, Nugent, Cahill, Harris (despite abusing the fella and his family a few years ago), Jackett (again) and someone even saying they preferred Holloway for fucks sake. All this after a narrow defeat away to Blackburn.
Vermin Bilic in at Watford.

I think he's starting to lose his grip. The players are nervy, unwilling to gamble, hiding and don't want the ball. The attitude has to change from the top down.

The fans have turned, the crowd is flat. Results are poor, no attacking intent and Rowetts latest post-match comments will have left many (myself included) absolutely miffed.

He reckons the reason we lost was not due to tactics - hold on a sec there Gary. We haven't won an away game since Reading in March last season. In fact we won 5 away games last season and none thus far in this term. That to me says our approach is wrong? We only register shots on goal once he makes attacking substitutions, which is usually once we are 1 or 2 goals behind with 15-20 mins to go!! Why not try it from the start?!

I think he's starting to lose his grip. The players are nervy, unwilling to gamble, hiding and don't want the ball. The attitude has to change from the top down.

The fans have turned, the crowd is flat. Results are poor, no attacking intent and Rowetts latest post-match comments will have left many (myself included) absolutely miffed.

He reckons the reason we lost was not due to tactics - hold on a sec there Gary. We haven't won an away game since Reading in March last season. In fact we won 5 away games last season and none thus far in this term. That to me says our approach is wrong? We only register shots on goal once he makes attacking substitutions, which is usually once we are 1 or 2 goals behind with 15-20 mins to go!! Why not try it from the start?!
Still in denial and must be reading on here!
“I’ll be really honest – they are not tactical issues and they are not anything other than poor moments where we’re not dealing with it. We need to eradicate them very, very quickly."
He needs to take ownership and accountability for what's happening on the pitch rather than making snide comments to deflect his inadequacies.