Things the club should be doing NOW

Arthur2shedsJackson

1. Fill in the corners or find another way to increase capacity. Only Blackburn and Rotherham have lower average attendances than us.
2. Sign a quality goalkeeper and centre forward
3. Make a decision about Harris. If he stays back him all the way and if he goes find a replacement long before the next season starts.
4. Get rid of the membership scheme

I am trying to remember when Reg Burr built the ground was it not built to easily extend the stadium to 30k seats?

From a business point of view I would think we need a couple of seasons of sell outs or get to 12-13k of season tickets sales before the club press the button on increasing capacity

See what we can do about splitting the away stand first, must be a way for home fans to sit in the lower and access it from the Dockers and Kitchener stands. That’s another 1,500, see how we get on and where we are in the league (or what league) would look shit with the corners fill in and crowds drop.

See what we can do about splitting the away stand first, must be a way for home fans to sit in the lower and access it from the Dockers and Kitchener stands. That’s another 1,500, see how we get on and where we are in the league (or what league) would look shit with the corners fill in and crowds drop.

But a lot of the time the away fans sell out the bottom tier anyway in this league. Plus if we was in the bottom tier they’d have to net off the first few rows in the tier above so that would knock more off the attendance

I wonder would it be possible to split the away end and include a shared family section. I know that there are many obstacles to overcome and that for some games that might be extremely challenging.

I don't have children myself. But if a feasibility study of family members/season tickets. It might increase capacity. And perhaps encourage away families to attend rather than having a couple of hundred people occupying a stand designed for 4k.
I know that this is left field, but it would increase capacity without requiring major investment.

But a lot of the time the away fans sell out the bottom tier anyway in this league. Plus if we was in the bottom tier they’d have to net off the first few rows in the tier above so that would knock more off the attendance
Away stand frustrates me, not designed well really to be able to adapt and split depending on the game and away support, hated seeing the away tier empty with low numbers in the upper but at the same time we didn’t need the lower as we didn’t sell out our own stands. If they could build a concourse in the north stand it could allow home fans in the upper with away in the lower I suppose.

1. Get rid of those wires pitch side and put in two more rows of seats. Easy win.

2. Get some hand dryers (working) in the home stand bogs & smarten the place up.

3. Stop charging 'costa' prices for a carboard cup of gnats piss coffee. They only cost caterers a maximum of 57p each or 25p or less if you bulk order FFS.

Last edited:
3. Stop charging 'costa' prices for a carboard cup of gnats piss coffee. They only cost caterers a maximum of 57p each FFS.
Stop drinking it. They'll soon change their minds.
I realise that is easy for me to say as someone who has never drunk a cup of coffee in his life. But that doesn't stop it being a fact.

1. Fill in the corners or find another way to increase capacity.
We don't fill the ground as it is. There maybe an argument for more seats if we went up but not currently.

Only Blackburn and Rotherham have lower average attendances than us.
We are just one club in a big city that has umpteen clubs. Stop comparing us moaning about and what we do or don't do. The club is improving year on year. This is our longest stay in this division since the 60's/70's. We are buying younger players. Players that will be sold for profit. We are now viewed by outsiders and overseas fans as a safe ground to come and watch football. Our gates are better than 88/89 season.

But but but. People moan about day trippers that drop a longun plus per visit. The price of match tickets. The brand of football. Memberships etc.

Sign a quality goalkeeper and centre forward
With what?

Get rid of the membership scheme
Because you are stuck in the 70's? You do know why it exists right? It benefits the fans too at times. It also raises revenue. You want to shut off a revenue stream by eradicating the membership scheme. How does that work?

1. Fill in the corners or find another way to increase capacity. Only Blackburn and Rotherham have lower average attendances
Even if the club sees your post today, tomorrow is Sunday so nothing will get done, Monday sorting out a workforce of volunteers, Tuesday will be full of excuses why materials ain't turned up, start on Wednesday, can't see it being done by Thursday and concrete and paint won't set or dry by Saturday, just not worth the effort for the Plymouth game.