The saints V The sinners- match thread.

Ah diddums - he didn’t like our tackles .
Southampton manager Russell Martin told BBC Radio Solent:

"We have to stop conceding first. We had a mountain to climb to get into the game.

Why did that prick think it would be a mountain to climb? We are little old Millwall, who concede goals for fun lately, struggling at the wrong end of the table. It should have been easy-peasy for an entitled, free scoring team such as Southampton, who were sitting fourth in the league.

He was an hopeless arsehole for not sorting it out.

:grinning:

Starting to think he’s just been badly managed
I think a lot of them have been badly managed mate. To be a good coach doesn’t make you a good man manager. I’m a qualified UEFA coach but I know I’m not a great coach. I can get the best out of my U13’s though, as I know how to individually manage them. Not sure Edwards knew how to get the best out of his players, hopefully Harris will.

Me and my mate (an Ipswich fan) took Japansese girls we were in uni there in the home end and the old Dell in the 90s against Ipswich. We said to them we have to keep our heads down...and they then went and cheered EVERY goal! And it was about 4-4 or 4-3 something! We got some funny looks.a

You now gonna believe this geezer, I was there for that game coz I was down there on business and those of who wNted to go were goven tickets. I remember Eric Gates scored a blinder to open the scoring and my recollection is that Southampton won 4-3 🍻

Apparently one of their players (Harwood-Bellis) said this below in a post-match interview. Surely he's not talking about our lot?
If he is...
:ROFLMAO:

sfc4prem

• sfc4prem
  • Subscribed Users
Posted 2 hours ago
What 'noise' is Taylor referring to in his post-match interview?
"Some of the noise that's going on has been ridiculous and you've just got to block it out"

Ah diddums - he didn’t like our tackles .
Southampton manager Russell Martin told BBC Radio Solent:

"I am furious at the manner of the goals we've conceded. Some of the stuff was good but we have given a team something to hang on to again. It's ridiculous.

"I think it's the softest free-kick in the world for the first one. Two of their tackles were a disgrace but I am not going to blame the referee - we didn't do enough to get back in the game and win.

"We have to stop conceding first. We had a mountain to climb to get into the game. Second half, we have a few big chances but we don't score - if we get the goal I think we go on to win it."
It's the middle class mentality where they are trying to play football the right way and it isn't fair that the working class attitude of a bit of hard graft should affect the result, we don't play the way the football snobs expect everyone to play, how dare anyone roll up their sleeves and get stuck in, don't you know how much we pay our players, we shouldn't drop points to you 2 bob lowlifes.

I'd love to see how good a manager martin really is by giving him our wage budget and seeing how close to the top 4 he would get them.
FCUK EM ALL.

One of the best things about today was that our so-called unfancied players were some of our outstanding performers. Billy Mitchell, Danny Mc, George Saville. Even Sarkic, who made a game winning save.

Character, guts, determination, will, fight, bollocks and attitude in abundance. That was the most Millwall performance you could wish to see. Harris deserves enormous credit for conjuring that up in just two days. It makes me wonder what the fuck Edwards was doing. That was literally like watching a totally different set of players.

I think a lot of them have been badly managed mate. To be a good coach doesn’t make you a good man manager. I’m a qualified UEFA coach but I know I’m not a great coach. I can get the best out of my U13’s though, as I know how to individually manage them. Not sure Edwards knew how to get the best out of his players, hopefully Harris will.

There's obviously a huge gulf between coaching young players and managing a Championship Team.

One of the best things about today was that our so-called unfancied players were some of our outstanding performers. Billy Mitchell, Danny Mc, George Saville. Even Sarkic, who made a game winning save.

Character, guts, determination, will, fight, bollocks and attitude in abundance. That was the most Millwall performance you could wish to see. Harris deserves enormous credit for conjuring that up in just two days. It makes me wonder what the fuck Edwards was doing. That was literally like watching a totally different set of players.
Edwards tried what he thought was right and could work, in parts it did but not enough in the toughest division in the world.
We have always had a squad that cared (as much as any footballer cares) but we can't afford the quality in abundance that is needed for promotion.
Harris set the foundations after hollowhead's disaster and now might reap the rewards of hard work and being hard to beat, we even saw it a few days ago with the U 18's and a few months ago with the U21's, it might reset some of the fans thinking now who thought we were possible premiership material.
We are little old Millwall, who irritate the hell out of everyone else when we do well.
Why some have been refusing to enjoy this ride of the last 7/8 years is beyond me.

You could tell how up for the challenge Bomber was in the interview when he arrived. If you look at just Saville and Bradshaw’s reactions alone at the end of the match its clear they are much happier. Bomber grew up with the likes of Rhino and has experienced good and bad on and off the pitch. I saw him at the Den paying his respects after JB passed, visibly upset. Everything about him is Millwall and we know he gets us and that translates to the team. He’s obviously a decent boss too and they are pleased he’s back.

Edwards was trying to bring in a more 'modern' possession based style of football; unfortunately, bad luck, injuries, poor refeering and the limited technical ability of our players turned that idea into a clusterf*ck.

I think we all saw that he's not a motivator of players. This 'cerebral' approach is all well and good when you're winning and you can stay motionless in the dugout. However, he was obviously unable to connect with our players and get them playing as a team - perhaps if he'd dropped the stat-based shit, and started encouraging them to play for the club he'd have won more?

Highlights on telly just shown, Bednarek must be ashamed of himself when he watches it back.
Obafemi's shot that hit his arm for the penalty meant bednarek fell to the floor 2 seconds later as though Mike Tyson had just landed one on him.

It's the middle class mentality where they are trying to play football the right way and it isn't fair that the working class attitude of a bit of hard graft should affect the result, we don't play the way the football snobs expect everyone to play, how dare anyone roll up their sleeves and get stuck in, don't you know how much we pay our players, we shouldn't drop points to you 2 bob lowlifes.

I'd love to see how good a manager martin really is by giving him our wage budget and seeing how close to the top 4 he would get them.
FCUK EM ALL.
The Southampton commentators alluded to this and not in a disparaging way!.