The saints V The sinners- match thread.

Peckham Lion

Staff member
A free hit if you like against a team that put four and five past visiting opponents. Positives are that Huddersfield put three past them to lead until 80 minutes when they folded and came out losers 5-3. Hull beat them 2-1 at St Mary's in midweek. One to watch is there forward Armstrong who's got league goals so far this season. One to have a little to at is the unfortunately named Willie Smallbone :hehe:

Our last win in Southampton was a fa cup game in 2012. Trotter, Nguessen and Feeney all on the scoresheet with a 3-2 win. Our last league win at there's way way back in 1989 when we prevailed by 2 goals to 1. Briley and then Cascarino with the 89th minute winner after Millwall old boy Ruddock had equalised for the saints.

The only team news at this point is Hutchinson is still out and a few weeks off a return but Burnley loanee Obafemi is available for selection after missing the last two games through illness.

Manager Edwards is out for the foreseeable future nursing a bruised his ego and fractured data loss. He will be replaced by Lions legend Harris who has come in at short notice to paper over the cracks the Millwall way.

Safe journey to the 2,759 lions making the 80 mile journey. A sell out of our allocation and a new era begins.

Coyl

“Everyone is expecting us to get beat at the weekend, so hopefully we can perform with a bit more freedom, be a bit more positive, be a bit more shackles off and just go for it.” Honeyman 👍

I'm relieved we didn't keep Edwards on as an early goal could have led to a big defeat and I'd hate to think of the damage that would of done to the squad.
We can't expect anything away to any of the big 3 premier clubs so a fighting performance is what we need and see if we get lucky and come away with a point.

Had a look at the formations Cambridge have been playing under NH. 4231 seems to have been used mostly, with our old friend Lyle Taylor up front. Wonder if that is the way we will go Saturday.

A free hit if you like against a team that put four and five past visiting opponents. Positives are that Huddersfield put three past them to lead until 80 minutes when they folded and came out losers 5-3. Hull beat them 2-1 at St Mary's in midweek. One to watch is there forward Armstrong who's got league goals so far this season. One to have a little to at is the unfortunately named Willie Smallbone :hehe:

Our last win in Southampton was a fa cup game in 2012. Trotter, Nguessen and Feeney all on the scoresheet with a 3-2 win. Our last league win at there's way way back in 1989 when we prevailed by 2 goals to 1. Briley and then Cascarino with the 89th minute winner after Millwall old boy Ruddock had equalised for the saints.

The only team news at this point is Hutchinson is still out and a few weeks off a return but Burnley loanee Obafemi is available for selection after missing the last two games through illness.

Manager Edwards is out for the foreseeable future nursing a bruised his ego and fractured data loss. He will be replaced by Lions legend Harris who has come in at short notice to paper over the cracks the Millwall way.

Safe journey to the 2,759 lions making the 80 mile journey. A sell out of our allocation and a new era begins.

Coyl
A fractured data loss - love it!

I've no particular expectations at Southampton, although I will be delighted if we get something points-wise. I just wanna see some fight and some semblance of organisation at the back.
My expectations of the next Harris era will start with Watford next weekend.

“Everyone is expecting us to get beat at the weekend, so hopefully we can perform with a bit more freedom, be a bit more positive, be a bit more shackles off and just go for it.” Honeyman 👍

Funny because I read that part and was thinking it seems like they know the formation wasn’t working within the team!

Yeah our away support is exceptional. One of our players in our away victory at Bradford in the semi said we were like the 300 Spartans. Hugely outnumbered but it was all us.

I'm with another 3 Wall in their home end on Saturday. I know the answer but why do we get such paltry ticket allocation away when we give away fans at our gaff the whole fkg end? For the few extra quid Berylson junior collects it provides a massive advantage to the visiting team compared to if they were only given what our away day travelling support is given.

I had to order the tickets using my postal code at my New Forest property to secure the tickets, and put on a ridiculous accent which I'm still struggling to shake off such was the dedication of my practice call to their ticket office.

I seriously believe we will get a result on Saturday. We are not doomed to relegation, we defo staying up 🦁

Yeah our away support is exceptional. One of our players in our away victory at Bradford in the semi said we were like the 300 Spartans. Hugely outnumbered but it was all us.

I'm with another 3 Wall in their home end on Saturday. I know the answer but why do we get such paltry ticket allocation away when we give away fans at our gaff the whole fkg end? For the few extra quid Berylson junior collects it provides a massive advantage to the visiting team compared to if they were only given what our away day travelling support is given.

I had to order the tickets using my postal code at my New Forest property to secure the tickets, and put on a ridiculous accent which I'm still struggling to shake off such was the dedication of my practice call to their ticket office.

I seriously believe we will get a result on Saturday. We are not doomed to relegation, we defo staying up 🦁
Are you still saying Sourrampton. How posh are you having a gaff in the New Forest , or is it a stable with a couple of ponies.🤣🤣

Their lot better be careful then with you in there T28 and I hope you and others will be on your best behaviour!? 😉