The saints V The sinners- match thread.

The penalty. At 05:37, from this angle you can see it hit his hand. He then tries to con the ref by holding his face. His mate (no17) is looking at him in a wtf way..

Lifted from another Saints Vlog. I've never seen so many punter videos from a game. Perhaps they have to agree to it when purchasing a Season Ticket at Southampton.
:grinning:

I won't put it on here but there is a report in one of the Southampton local rags that "three or four Millwall fans were attacking a child" after the game and they were "possessed and looking for trouble". Quite patently bullshit from a supposed onlooker. How the fuck are they allowed to just make shit up?

Hang on a minute. I bet it was Russell Martin.

I won't put it on here but there is a report in one of the Southampton local rags that "three or four Millwall fans were attacking a child" after the game and they were "possessed and looking for trouble". Quite patently bullshit from a supposed onlooker. How the fuck are they allowed to just make shit up?

Hang on a minute. I bet it was Russell Martin.
One bloke was whining that a 10 year girl was spitting on pensioners. What planet are these buffoons on.

Japhet Tanganga was my MOTM. Closely followed by Leonard.

A couple of things stood out to me.

1) The players looked full of running, even in injury time. And I always thought we were one of the most unfit sides in the league. They’re capable of finding that extra gear - that level of effort has to be the standard if we are going to succeed.

2) Everyone was extremely well drilled and organised. The move to a back four allowed Tanganga to shine. I said this after Edwards’ last game in charge - as soon as we switched to a back four he improved instantly. Hopefully more of the same from here on out as his confidence and fitness improves. With a back four, everyone knows their jobs 1v1 and as a unit. Not relying on space being filled by a spare man or non existent cover. Also doesn’t encourage us to overplay it.

3) Harris instilled a bit of belief in to players who had been below par recently. Mitchell, McNamara, Bradshaw - he put an arm round all of them at the end of the game. I think his man management will do the likes of Obafemi and Tanganga the world of good in the coming weeks also.

Glad Tanganga put a good shift in as a few were writing him off in the team selection thread.
As an aside, Ryan Fraser was said to be muttering "Thunderbolt and lightning, very, very frightening me" as he limped off the pitch Saturday.

Last edited:
Seems to have been a few posters missing in action yesterday on this thread – NorwichMark, Rooferboy

I don't Mark falls into the same category as Rooferboy, he has become far more positive in the last year or two, in as much as he didn't want to see any negative about Edwards and he never posted anything against Harris coming back.
Hope he is okay and is back tomorrow.

I don't Mark falls into the same category as Rooferboy, he has become far more positive in the last year or two, in as much as he didn't want to see any negative about Edwards and he never posted anything against Harris coming back.
Hope he is okay and is back tomorrow.
Of course he’s more positive, Norwich Mark isn’t stressed about the ULEZ charge :shrug:

Was reading an interview with Harris and interestingly he said that he needs to judge the character of each player and understand their personality before selecting them. That also applies to the players that he knows from his last stint.
Skills don't amount to much if a poor attitude stifles them.