The mighty Lions V The Bluebirds of Cardiff match thread

OK, so.... Millwall 3 Cardiff 1.

Outstanding result at home again. Neil Harris is a win at home merchant... he prides himself on home displays... and rightly so. Today we was excellent, from front to back, absolutely brilliant. Tanganaga won everything thrown at him today. Danny Mac, playing out of position, was quality. Leonard, again, wow, what a revival in form he's had for us. Then we move to Obafemi... the work he done today was superb. The goal he took was 1st class. He could only put it in 1 place in the goal, and that place is where every keeper should have covered, near post. He hit the ball with that much venom, their keeper dived after the ball was already in. Obafemi put in a great shift today. He's got better and better throughout the last few weeks. He may not offer what Bradshaw does, but they're 2 utterly different players, and should be treated as such.

Sarkic, who gives a shit if he was to blame for their goal. He has made some tremendous save over the last month that it's so easy to look over. He's kept us in games where we would've been losing. He kept us in games where we have been winning. Clean sheets. Where's his praise? I fail to see it amongst so many fans. Can he always be fantastic? No. Is any goalkeeper? No. He plays for us. If he was a superb goalkeeper he'd be premiership quality and nowhere near with us. He has come on leaps and bounds since Harris took over and I will praise him for that all day long. He's a player in transition, and is doing superb. When a goalkeeper makes a mistake, it'll tend to lead to goals, it's the only position this is majorly highlighted upon. As a striker or winger or midfielder, you make a mistake, it's generally not going to lead to a goal. Get behind him.

All the harris haters, the haters arms brigade, the play the kids fans... I think you can now shove this in your windpipe and smoke it. Appalling of you to spout utter nonsense regarding any of this. Armchair wheeler dealers. We are simply Millwall. And it's real life. If Harris stays on next year, you can thank your lucky stars we haven't ended up with some other prick wanting to tippy tappy and prance about with the ball along our own 18 yard box. Someone who is strongly passionate about our club I'd prefer to have more than the shower of shit we had been served up under Edwards. If we can't settle for Harris, we can't settle for anyone. Anyone who says he has "no idea" or "out of his depth" you'd now clearly look at yourself in the mirror and learn the hard way. Esse wasn't so good out wide today either, was he? Quite obviously not the answer. Good player, yes, today he didn't do much. Come on armchair fans, let's get with it. Harris knows best and in Harris we trust.

1 more result in our favour and our season is complete. I loved everything about today. And I'll always love little old millwall.

NEXT. MILLLLLLLLLLL
Hahaha. What a fucking post that is ^^^^^^^^ :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

These type posts are being typed because most of us are and were sick and tired of the same negative bores pissing on our chips. It's fucking embarrassing that even after a win the boot goes in. Wrong about Harris so onto the next scapegoat and object of hate for the unrepentant soppybollox bores that know more than a pro manager. I'M RIGHT AND HE'S WRONG.

Two wins on the spin ,safe in the league ( in my opinion) and the keeper is now under scruitiny again because the poster IS RIGHT. He was RIGHT about Bart last season too although the stats say otherwise. If Tanganja doesn't get done in the air there ain't no goal. That's a tough spot right at the base of the post. Keeper is very aware that his head will whack the post if he stretches anymore.

Neil Harris has made his legendary Millwall status even greater. The man has saved us. Saved us millions, saved our status, saved our pride and saved our club in what has been a traumatic season. We will never be able to thank him enough. John Berylson himself would be so proud.. Harris should have a job for life at this football club.
So are you saying he’s ‘saved’ us Robbo? 😉

His celebration after the goal was class. He deserved that goal so much i think.
He went over to the cbl midway through the first half and was geeing them all up after we won a corner. Played with passion and his heart on his sleeve yesterday and it really showed. That goal was very well taken, and nearly had a second with a quality run and shot from edge of the box, produced a very good save from their goalkeeper. Harris gave him a good pat on the back when he came off and I also noticed when he was announced man of the match, the bench was giving him fist pumps and high fives. Shows the players are all behind each other.

disagree. Sorry Purley, but why would we start playing our Player of the season in an utterly different role next year? Tanganaga has been magic for us. As has longman. Both deserve a contract offer for next season. If they don't take it, it's not our fault.
If you have the opportunity, look at the Cardiff, Rotherham’s 2nd and Huddersfield’s goals (ie the last 3 goals we’ve conceded) and you’ll see Tanganga is out-muscled in all 3. With the first 2, the player beats Tanganga in the air to score direct and with the 3rd only a brilliant Sarkic save prevents the header going in, unfortunately, Huddersfield converted the rebound 😞

As I said, I like his composure and ability on the ball but in The Championship teams can’t play CDs that are vulnerable in the air.

I think Leonard is an excellent RB and possibly a better CD and CM 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
If you have the opportunity, look at the Cardiff, Rotherham’s 2nd and Huddersfield’s goals (ie the last 3 goals we’ve conceded) and you’ll see Tanganga is out-muscled in all 3. With the first 2, the player beats Tanganga in the air to score direct and with the 3rd only a brilliant Sarkic save prevents the header going in, unfortunately, Huddersfield converted the rebound 😞

As I said, I like his composure and ability on the ball but in The Championship teams can’t play CDs that are vulnerable in the air.

Can't give you Rotherham Purley, he was fouled by the scorer.
Yesterday was the same as Huddersfield, he was playing the man not the ball, don't know why but you can understand why Sarkic would be anticipating a better challenge from him and not let the opposition have a free header.

He's scored 2 headers for us, by literally not being vulnerable. The one v Southampton was extremely brave. The one v Brum was quality. Cleared up majority of balls in the air yesterday also. I think we see different things here, which is fine. However as i mention, he has scored 2 headed goals for us.

Tanga was fouled, for their goal, the lump that is Miette was climbing on his back. If Jake does that it's a whistle straightaway.

We’d be lucky to have him, Cooper much improved playing with him, Tanganga tackling and positioning are better than anything we had previously. No way we get better than him with our budget. As for moving Leonard utter madness, has been a revaluation at RB.

All the talk when Edwards came in was seeing better football. Well, I suppose it depends on what you think that is. Personally, I love the way we have played during Harris' second spell as manager. The last two games we have been magnificent and we've had 30% possession in both. Whisper it quietly but Harris sets up his teams very similar to Rowett, but with more bite.

Hahaha. What a fucking post that is ^^^^^^^^ :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

These type posts are being typed because most of us are and were sick and tired of the same negative bores pissing on our chips. It's fucking embarrassing that even after a win the boot goes in. Wrong about Harris so onto the next scapegoat and object of hate for the unrepentant soppybollox bores that know more than a pro manager. I'M RIGHT AND HE'S WRONG.

Two wins on the spin ,safe in the league ( in my opinion) and the keeper is now under scruitiny again because the poster IS RIGHT. He was RIGHT about Bart last season too although the stats say otherwise. If Tanganja doesn't get done in the air there ain't no goal. That's a tough spot right at the base of the post. Keeper is very aware that his head will whack the post if he stretches anymore.
I fuckin' swear some turn up to the Den armed with a clipboard and take notes like they're an official from the football league, finding faults with 'certain' player(s) and NH and that's when we win, when we lose perhaps that's the time to have a moan up and find fault(s) FFS!.

They need to let it go and give it in.

Last edited:
I fuckin' swear some turn up to the Den armed with a clipboard and take notes like they're an official from the football league, finding faults with 'certain' player(s) and NH and that's when we win, when we lose perhaps the time to have a moan up and find fault(s) FFS!

They need to let it go and give it in.
Trouble is most don’t turn up…. Clipboard and sofa! Was even worse during the JE period talking like they are good friends.. Joe this Joe that…. Even when we win, the odd few not in hiding waiting for the next defeat, they have to find something eg. Sarkic at fault for the goal in a 3-1 win. It’s football it happens! Liverpool lost 3-0 at home in champions league this week. Is their keeper shite, does Klopp need to get the sack etc etc. No…. It’s football, it happens even with multimillion pound teams let alone one that has a budget of Liverpool’s dry cleaning bill!

I don't know if you are on a wind up mate, but to pick one moment in a game (where he was clearly fouled) and say he's not for you is pathetic.

He is prem class and we'd be arsehole lucky to get him.

He was outstanding yesterday as were the whole team. What about his clearances, the one on one tackles he won including the one that directly led to the 3rd goal. Or do you only look for the negatives? I was buzzing After yesterday, still am, but some of the shit i read on here does my nut in.

He played well for the team. I don't expect him to do fuck all up front when employed the way he currently is. You have to be ready to do the dirty work in a Harris team and he does. I wanted to see Obafemi and Bradshaw join up but that wasn't to be. Not much for the midfield to aim at by way of attacking players.
Assist for the first and wins countless headers at defensive set pieces.but because he ain't scored 25 goals hey ho

I don't know if you are on a wind up mate, but to pick one moment in a game (where he was clearly fouled) and say he's not for you is pathetic.

He is prem class and we'd be arsehole lucky to get him.

He was outstanding yesterday as were the whole team. What about his clearances, the one on one tackles he won including the one that directly led to the 3rd goal. Or do you only look for the negatives? I was buzzing After yesterday, still am, but some of the shit i read on here does my nut in.
Read what I said!

If you go back to my 1st post, you’re find I said I rated him but!

I picked up on 3 recent “moments” over 3 games, not just 1 and I think you’ll find someone else has posted similar in another thread.

When someone expresses an opinion different from your own, accept that two minds don’t always think alike and put forward a counterpoint without making it personal 😉

You're wasting your time mate. People only see what they want to see. Mistakes are made all over the pitch. A keeper makes one and he's a target. The experts will never back down. No humility or class and thrive on digging a player out. Not a word about his worldy or the clean sheet against Leicester against though! :hmmm::hmmm::hmmm::hmmm: It's actually boring now. The slagging of our players and manager is relentless and not even factual. Gotta save face and hope they fuck up cause it wins on the internet. Shame we don't have a wanker emoji eh!!
This. It’s pathetic. Same on FB and other wall pages. Moaning about all the things that didn’t go quite right, digging out players week in week out. Someone actually made a badge that said “kavanagh and Aldridge out of our club”

Palace like supporters craving attention. I wonder where they are now. Some of our fans are an absolute embarrassment. Expect Messi, Ronaldo and Mbappe performances from the team each week and when someone fcks up or has a bad game, they’re a division 1 player at best.

The same people slating Billy. As I said, fkin embarrassing.