The membership rip off again

Arthur2shedsJackson

I was bored so i thought i would see what the club are up to with the membership scheme. This is what i found. Why do people tolerate this nonsense. All you have to do is say no. If enough people refuse it will have to be scrapped.
2q.png

I was bored so i thought i would see what the club are up to with the membership scheme. This is what i found. Why do people tolerate this nonsense. All you have to do is say no. If enough people refuse it will have to be scrapped.
View attachment 22968
Happy to pay it. It’s money to the club and very convenient to those of us who don’t get a ST. Plus, you’ll get the price back in ten games with the discount you get with it.

Why do people tolerate this nonsense.
It's nonsense to a caveman thinker like you. It helps the club and if you weren't already aware we can't buy away tickets without one. You save £6 each time you buy a ticket instead of paying matchday prices. Plus ,as Wippa correctly stated, you get your money back if you can be bothered to support the club. Do ten games and you've saved sixty notes. Only an idiot would see it as some kind of rip off.

BENEFITS INCLUDE:

- 10 Loyalty Points

- £3 reduction on tickets purchased in advance of matchday

- Priority period for high-demand Cup fixtures

- 5% discount on full-price merchandise*

- 5% discount on matchday hospitality

- 10% off non-matchday room hire for events

- Free access to ‘Arry’s Bar on matchdays

- Invitation to an Open Training Session at The Den

What is annoying is that the club still make us become a member or ST to be allowed an away ticket, after all these years that should be scrapped by now.

Agree with this. I’m not against the membership scheme which helps the club out and has benefits for the supporter but having to have one to access away tickets for every single match the vast majority of which are never anywhere near selling out has in my opinion led to us having one of the worst away supports in the league.

What is annoying is that the club still make us become a member or ST to be allowed an away ticket, after all these years that should be scrapped by now.
It's not all the clubs doing, partly the OB's. Whether we like it or not we have a rep and that's how we'll be treated and judged. The club are only playing ball with the authorities and doing so to fight our corner. They could quite easily say fuck it which would mean no away tickets. We can't have it both ways, unfortunately.

People need memberships for Gyms, snooker clubs, night clubs, Amazon and a fuckton many more businesses. It;s the way of the world.

Agree with this. I’m not against the membership scheme which helps the club out and has benefits for the supporter but having to have one to access away tickets for every single match the vast majority of which are never anywhere near selling out has in my opinion led to us having one of the worst away supports in the league.
It's a catch 22 mate and i don't know what the answer or compromise is. What i do know is it doesn't stop trouble. I know many chaps that have been banned in the last two year or so for FV and each of them was a season ticket holder.

We have very active mob on the road, all will no doubt be members or st holders. All it will do is place you in that vicinity if you're pulled in for aggro so in that respect it does benefit the authorities.

It's a catch 22 mate and i don't know what the answer or compromise is. What i do know is it doesn't stop trouble. I know many chaps that have been banned in the last two year or so for FV and each of them was a season ticket holder.

We have very active mob on the road, all will no doubt be members or st holders. All it will do is place you in that vicinity if you're pulled in for aggro so in that respect it does benefit the authorities.
Which is the real argument against it but what can you do? I enjoy my membership card. What with that and my old cunt discount it's like Weightwatchers, seeing all the pounds fall off until the final total appears😁

It's nonsense to a caveman thinker like you. It helps the club and if you weren't already aware we can't buy away tickets without one. You save £6 each time you buy a ticket instead of paying matchday prices. Plus ,as Wippa correctly stated, you get your money back if you can be bothered to support the club. Do ten games and you've saved sixty notes. Only an idiot would see it as some kind of rip off.

BENEFITS INCLUDE:

- 10 Loyalty Points

- Free access to ‘Arry’s Bar on matchdays

- Invitation to an Open Training Session at The Den
30 notes!!! What a rip off! 🤣

Yeah I understand the reasons for it mate and that it gives the club a bit of insurance if there is agg inside the ground at an away fixture but surely it can be relaxed for some games like a Tuesday night in Yorkshire for example. It’s also the fact that the club are only too happy to accommodate pay on the day for away fans at our ground but are so strict with us on the road although OB probably play a large part in that respect.

The club itself has improved a lot in communicating with supporters in the last few years which is to be applauded but it seems that the Wembley turn outs has put paid to any chance of them relaxing the need to be a member to purchase away tickets.

Isn’t Arthur talking about the carriage and web fees? I have no issue with membership and will be looking to get one but what are the additional costs all about.
A couple of quid towards P&P and admin fees? Happy to cover that as it’s such a good deal to start with. Certainly not something to get raging about 🤣

A couple of quid towards P&P and admin fees? Happy to cover that as it’s such a good deal to start with. Certainly not something to get raging about 🤣
You would also pay postage on every individual ticket bought where you don’t if you have membership so it will pay for itself in less than 10 games.

BENEFITS INCLUDE:

- 10 Loyalty Points
I have been a loyal supporter for over 50 years
I can't plan ahead
Fair enough but bring back terraces and the capacity will increase
A drop in the ocean
Not something most people will ever use