The Lion V The Owls Match thread

I've been as critical of Edwards as anyone and more than most, but I don't think that you can blame him for that shambolic first half performance. You don't coach desire and effort, and the lack of it shown in the first 45 minutes was a disgrace.

TBF, at least there was a sense of urgency in the second half but it was far too little, far too late.

They had a 19 year old goalkeeper who we did not once put under pressure, these players need to take a good f**king look at themselves this aint all down to an inexperienced manager, if he has lost the dressing room and the players are rebelling they can all f**k off.
I think it's probably a combination of both Edwards.. and the players playing like hopeless cunts. Once again, especially that first half.

1.11am here in Manila, staring at the screen in a sort of shocked numbness. Honestly thought Joe was going to be a decent manager, could see him doing things given time, changing to a better style of play etc, but its obvious that the players are simply not up to it. Edwards has to realise this and change tact and fast if we are to survive and for him to keep his job. The players need to take a hard look at themselves aswell after the past few games, team means everyone, not just the manager. As for Rowett out....get what you wish for etc etc, fuck that, he has gone, he walked away when the going got tough and we were on the downward anyway with this aging team. Sick of hearing that cunts name. Fuck him.

I've been as critical of Edwards as anyone and more than most, but I don't think that you can blame him for that shambolic first half performance. You don't coach desire and effort, and the lack of it shown in the first 45 minutes was a disgrace.

TBF, at least there was a sense of urgency in the second half but it was far too little, far too late.
Strangely, Leonard was ay fault for both goals although three at the back doesn't work as we know.

So, erm.... where do you start with that? Or even, finish? Tactics absolutely piss poor. Players absolutely piss poor. Sorry, Joe, your time is up. Before you're run out of the club like the fraud Steve Lomas, do one now. I am absolutely livid, and even my 12 year old said thats the worst game he has watched. Tells everything you need to know. No effort. Playing football in and around our own penalty area at 2-0 down.... the football is meant to be played in the opponents half to get anywhere?! Couldn't even change formation. Complete madness. And I have 4 tickets for Southampton next week. Must be mad myself. I don't give up on my team, but I give up on the manager. Joe Edwards and Andy Myers are a match made in heaven... for a team like Welling. Now get to fuck the pair of you, James Berylson, swallow your pride and employ someone else on a short term contract before your dads hard work is completely undone.