The Lion V The Owls Match thread

De Norre useless , rather Billy all day long
Prefer to have both of them. Saville is so one footed and paceless. Leonard wasted at R/B. Why not start with either Watmore or Emakhu with their pace and shooting instincts. Cuffey kept in reserve mistake. Game changed for us when he finally got on. Bradshaw hooked whilst Flemming stays onl? Opinions I know. But JE's Ideas not working.

Useless bit of Information but in our last two games the opposition have only had six shots on target but have scored six goals (one of those shots was saved and the other goal was an own goal)
Don’t get me wrong, of course we are playing shit but you wouldn’t expect a team to convert six shots on target into all those goals.

Prefer to have both of them. Saville is so one footed and paceless. Leonard wasted at R/B. Why not start with either Watmore or Emakhu with their pace and shooting instincts. Cuffey kept in reserve mistake. Game changed for us when he finally got on. Bradshaw hooked whilst Flemming stays onl? Opinions I know. But JE's Ideas not working.
De Norre is a player, problem is most of his team mates do not think on the same level, as soon as he receives the ball he is looking for runners but in most cases they are not moving.

Thought DN was poor today, spraying hospital balls every time, Sav yes and Billy and Honeyman is a must start.
Upfront where were shagged, Bradshaw has no control and cannot get to the ball wherever it’s placed. Eidamo centre forward with Mayor at least them 2 are quick.
Watmore done well today, BNC slot him behind the front 2. Both the Dutchmen should stick to spliffs.

He's spent half his career coaching under 8' s, he's a fish out of water. I very much doubt the players have any respect for him and he ain't got the man management experience .
I've heard exactly this from someone who knows someone in the club. Apparently he's got no/very little man management skills and struggles to get his point across. Its worrying, to say the least.

Bottom 3 next weekend, we’ll get another lesson at St. Mary’s and QPR do Rotherham at home . Not an advocate of changing your Manager at this stage of the season but Joe Edwards do us a favour and f@@k off now while there’s still hope and enough games left .

Yet again, the opposition score, our heads drop, and it all goes to pieces.
No bite or venom once the heads go down, and no shouting or screaming from Coops to rally the lads.
Gawd knows what JE has to say in the dressing room.
He's telling the players that the tactics work but they are not carrying them correctly.

So, erm.... where do you start with that? Or even, finish? Tactics absolutely piss poor. Players absolutely piss poor. Sorry, Joe, your time is up. Before you're run out of the club like the fraud Steve Lomas, do one now. I am absolutely livid, and even my 12 year old said thats the worst game he has watched. Tells everything you need to know. No effort. Playing football in and around our own penalty area at 2-0 down.... the football is meant to be played in the opponents half to get anywhere?! Couldn't even change formation. Complete madness. And I have 4 tickets for Southampton next week. Must be mad myself. I don't give up on my team, but I give up on the manager. Joe Edwards and Andy Myers are a match made in heaven... for a team like Welling. Now get to fuck the pair of you, James Berylson, swallow your pride and employ someone else on a short term contract before your dads hard work is completely undone.
Can t argue with ant of that kidda

Wrong team selection, same as Ipswich bar Harding. Second half is how he should have been more like. What’s to lose , after Soton, which is not going to go our way, go for it JE if you are still here. 4 at the back, BNC, Leonard, Tanganga, Bryan, 4 across the middle major, Honeyman , De Norre, , Esse and two of Emakhu, Bradshaw or Obefemi upfront, let’s not go down without trying something, the last two games were as clueless as I can remember this century.

That aged well.
B P, it was all emotion, i really wanted, thought and hoped that we would win today, i put no logic to it. I want JE to succeed. But i will have to admit to myself that he is not up to it.
I didn't go today, and couldn't believe the result throughout the day.

Where we go from here, i just don't know. I feel its another case of "who would want the job at the minute"

When JE came in he did at least get us playing some decent stuff for a period of the game. Yesterday was... well not sure... hoofing diagonal balls towards Bradshaw (didn't work, never does) launching balls into the channels but we didn't have anyone that far forward. It was almost laughable, at one point we couldn't get the ball out of our half on the ground, they seemed to realise how bad we were and started pressing us. Their crowd giving the "ole" on every pass, really gets my back up.

Overheard a group of Germans discussing the game with someone, they asked why our forwards are all so short? It's a fair question, if we did actually get to the byline and put a decent cross in, who is going to get on the end of it. Our opponents had the right idea by flashing the ball into our box low and hard and got two goals.

The change of play has nearly gone full circle back to a sh#t version of how GR got us playing. Inexperience of JE is showing now.

Anyone else watch Southampton play WBA on Friday? WBA played a rigid 442 system much like the way we played under Harris, they lost.

He’s trying to play football with footballers who are not really footballers at this level.
Sums us up, footballers who are not footballers. I know it’s not working for JE but the hierarchy wanted to change, he’s trying it with rugby players so if and when he can change them he might emulate McKenna. Green shoots in our more youthful players that are not too old too adapt. My opinion.

B P, it was all emotion, i really wanted, thought and hoped that we would win today, i put no logic to it. I want JE to succeed. But i will have to admit to myself that he is not up to it.
I didn't go today, and couldn't believe the result throughout the day.

Where we go from here, i just don't know. I feel its another case of "who would want the job at the minute"
They say it’s the hope that kills you.
I travelled 800 miles and suffered significant financial inconvenience to watch that yesterday.
Nobody wanted your initial expression of hope to come true more than me.
The frustration of all of us was just how quickly it fell apart.

Anyone else watch Southampton play WBA on Friday? WBA played a rigid 442 system much like the way we played under Harris, they lost.

Yeah, I noticed that and it was a (nostalgic) strange one. It came across as another clueless manager (although he probably isn't) buckling to supporters clambering for a 442 system. They were never going to get anything from that game playing like that.

Useless bit of Information but in our last two games the opposition have only had six shots on target but have scored six goals (one of those shots was saved and the other goal was an own goal)
Don’t get me wrong, of course we are playing shit but you wouldn’t expect a team to convert six shots on target into all those goals.
Clinical, something we aint. But JE fault.