THE DEFINITIVE TRANSFER IN/OUT THREAD!!!

No mention of Callum Styles on this Forum for some time.

Naturally left-footed and comfortable on the ball, I think he would fit into JE’s style of play well.

Not sure I’d be willing to fork out too much for him, and it’s possible JE might get in a decent loan, but a thought 🤷‍♂️
Didn’t the Barnsley owner want something like £2-3M for Styles, last time we inquired?

No way would we be paying that amount when all the talk at the moment is getting in loan players over permanent ones!

No mention of Callum Styles on this Forum for some time.

Naturally left-footed and comfortable on the ball, I think he would fit into JE’s style of play well.

Not sure I’d be willing to fork out too much for him, and it’s possible JE might get in a decent loan, but a thought 🤷‍♂️
I thought he was brilliant. It’s a shame they wanted £2million for him though.

He was good at left back but I preferred him in the middle personally. He had lovely technique and didn’t bottle challenges.

I would think that fee would be a lot different now. Nobody was prepared to pay it and circumstances have changed. Would be a excellent signing. I wonder if the signing of Moore from Bournemouth, which fell through at the last minute during the last window, due to Bournemouth not getting the player they were after, might get done now?

I would think that fee would be a lot different now. Nobody was prepared to pay it and circumstances have changed. Would be a excellent signing. I wonder if the signing of Moore from Bournemouth, which fell through at the last minute during the last window, due to Bournemouth not getting the player they were after, might get done now?
I don’t think Moore has ever wanted to come to Wall.

At the end of the day it’s the player that eventually decides where he goes, and maybe the prospect of being called “sheep shagger” and other Welsh jokes (when he fucks up playing for us), has put the frightners on him! 🤣

I don’t think Moore has ever wanted to come to Wall.

At the end of the day it’s the player that eventually decides where he goes, and maybe the prospect of being called “sheep shagger” and other Welsh jokes (when he fucks up playing for us), has put the frightners on him! 🤣
Being courted by Cardiff so likely to go there.

Styles any day. Could be good for us.
But Moore, really?

I would think that fee would be a lot different now. Nobody was prepared to pay it and circumstances have changed. Would be an excellent signing. I wonder if the signing of Moore from Bournemouth, which fell through at the last minute during the last window, due to Bournemouth not getting the player they were after, might get done now?
Moore will be going to Cardiff

I’d expect us to throw our hat in the ring for Cresswell. He’s rotting in the reserves at Leeds.

Cresswell wants to play and will be going out on loan apparently. Loads of Championship clubs want him. Boro, Sunderland, Norwich to name a few. He loved his time with us so we should definitely offer him the chance to come back and if he says no then off he can fuck.

Cresswell wants to play and will be going out on loan apparently. Loads of Championship clubs want him. Boro, Sunderland, Norwich to name a few. He loved his time with us so we should definitely offer him the chance to come back and if he says no then off he can fuck.
Agree he’s a terrific prospect and I’d love to have him sign on a permanent deal but, if he came here now would he get in the starting lineup?

If so, who would he replace? I think Wes has been excellent, Hutch has had a couple of good games so Charlie could initially be destined for the bench. Not sure that’s what he wants or needs 🤷‍♂️

Agree he’s a terrific prospect and I’d love to have him sign on a permanent deal but, if he came here now would he get in the starting lineup?

If so, who would he replace? I think Wes has been excellent, Hutch has had a couple of good games so Charlie could initially be destined for the bench. Not sure that’s what he wants or needs 🤷‍♂️
I’d like to think that both Hutch and Cooper would recognise Cresswell as being the way forward for the club, both in his ability and his age, and would understand that players like him are the way forward!

Hutch has been the ultimate professional in not throwing his toys out the pram when he couldn’t get back into the side once Harding started to play well and wade in with a few goals! From that perspective, you’d like to think that both he and Cooper would make way for Cresswell and Harding, knowing they would still get the odd game if Joe wanted to play a back five at any point (thereby keeping Leonard in midfield), or if there were injuries or suspensions that one of them could replace Cresswell or Harding, again letting Leonard stay in midfield!

We still need cover, and experienced cover is a must in the Championship! Hutch and Cooper would be immense for us in that respect!

If we will/are to be limited to loans, I doubt if Cresswell will be on the list. We are covered in that position. One goal conceded in five games tells us that. Defending was always our strong point under GR but in the end it all went AWOL, but Edwards has now revived that side of things for the time being.

We have other positions to possibly fill, or at least need cover for. Why would Edwards drop an in form club captain for Cresswell? He's played a total of six games this season (two of those in Mickey Mouse cup games). There has to be a reason why Leeds don't fancy him at the moment. Let someone else take a chance on him. Who knows, he may well be the way forward, but those decisions need to be made in the summer.

Last edited:
I dont know who Joe Tiffany is but he is clearly not a reporter of any repute as his spelling is atrocious.

Lack on Miniutes should be lake of minutes.
fall thurther down the pecking line should be further down the pecking line.
Cant get the staff these days!

He came last time because Rowett is best mates with Cresswells dad- former player Richard Cresswell how he;ped swing the deal our way. That was before Cresswell signed an improved contract with Leeds. His wages will much higher now. I have a feeling he'll go to to Middlesboro if Leeds decide to loan him out.

Members online