THE DEFINITIVE TRANSFER IN/OUT THREAD!!!

£650k I read. I think he is a good player. We didn't use him correctly. He never moaned and never let us down. Good luck to him.
OS saying his contract was mutually terminated by him and the club, which means Wrexham get him for nothing!

If true, and he did have one contract year remaining, surely with the money Wrexham have, that they wouldn’t have balked at paying something like the £650K you mentioned?

I get that a free transfer frees up Evans wages, but still think it’s crazy to let a competent Championship player go to a league 2 side for nothing!

Millwall Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of Ryan Longman on a season-long loan from Hull City.​

The 22-year-old attacker, who can play in a number of positions, becomes Gary Rowett's seventh signing of the summer transfer window.

Longman, originally from Redhill in Surrey, began his professional career at Brighton & Hove Albion and made his debut in the 2019/20 season as The Seagulls took on Aston Villa in a Carabao Cup tie.

The Hull City man then joined AFC Wimbledon on loan for the 2020/21 campaign, scoring nine times in all competitions, including two in a London derby against Charlton Athletic.

Originally joining The Tigers on loan before completing a permanent move, Longman added 36 appearances and five more goals to his name across 2021/22, with a further full season at the MKM Stadium taking place in 2022/23

Longman is a quality player and young too, so if it works out and we have an option to buy, then all good.

Think we were after Campbell when he was still playing in Scotland, looked like a proper blood and guts player, would suit us down to the ground imo.

Millwall Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of Ryan Longman on a season-long loan from Hull City.​

The 22-year-old attacker, who can play in a number of positions, becomes Gary Rowett's seventh signing of the summer transfer window.

Longman, originally from Redhill in Surrey, began his professional career at Brighton & Hove Albion and made his debut in the 2019/20 season as The Seagulls took on Aston Villa in a Carabao Cup tie.

The Hull City man then joined AFC Wimbledon on loan for the 2020/21 campaign, scoring nine times in all competitions, including two in a London derby against Charlton Athletic.

Originally joining The Tigers on loan before completing a permanent move, Longman added 36 appearances and five more goals to his name across 2021/22, with a further full season at the MKM Stadium taking place in 2022/23
Hope he signed before midday today so he’s eligible to be available for the Brum game tomorrow?

Longman is a strange signing, but I confess to not knowing much about him. Rowett obviously really wanted him. He can play on the left or right of midfield so I assume he is covering both wing-back positions.

Campbell is a good signing but we aren't signing him to put him on the bench.

The only thing I have reservations about is I don't want Emakhu and Esse's development stymied by the size of the squad. Those two are massive prospects for us and both match-winners.

I think Danny McNamara could play on the right hand side of a back three. He is a better defender than going forward anyway and it's not a massive stretch to play that role from his normal right-back position.

Longman is a strange signing, but I confess to not knowing much about him. Rowett obviously really wanted him. He can play on the left or right of midfield so I assume he is covering both wing-back positions.

The only thing I have reservations about is I don't want Emakhu and Esse's development stymied by the size of the squad. Those two are massive prospects for us and both match-winners.
I think Emakhu and Esse will develop gradually but I know what you mean.
Think our management will just be protectI've pf them.

Longman replaces Vogl but seems to be more versatile and Campbell replaces Evans, last season we had 3 midweek games in a row so we do look capable of putting out a strong side for every game and if you look at what Esse played like at Norwich, he is a long way off being a starter.