THE DEFINITIVE TRANSFER IN/OUT THREAD!!!

I'll be the first to admit that I am perhaps over critical with Evans, as people have mentioned above, he hasn't done much wrong. However, has he done anything at all?

Well, after seeing him being brought on against Norwich, I was actually pleasantly surprised with how he performed. I thought he was very composed when on the ball and retaining possession. Is he a starting CM? I don't think so.

But if GR wants to continue with the 5 at the back, with Evans in amongst the 3 CB's at the back, I can see that working very well when retaining possession, as I can imagine Evans being the type to pass to feet instead of hoofing it. Although his distribution on Sunday was also very decent with the time he had to show it.

Evans just reminds me of another Mahoney... not in terms of ability, but attitude.

Think it comes down to attitude/body language with Evans, that some fans don't like. Which I can see why!

I’d sell Cooper if we could claw a decent fee. He’s not irreplaceable in terms of his impact when playing. He’s slow, not great with the ball at his feet. He is a leader though and one of the longest serving players and regular starters in the current squad which is worth something in itself.
Won second most tackles in the division last year, a Lion through and through like the tattoo on his chest. Alongside another quality centre-half an absolute rock. (As shown in the partnership with Cresswell last year and Hitch when he was younger). Actually better on a back x4 but Incredibly underrated and we’ll only realise sadly when he’s gone. (Missing c4 games with two dislocated shoulders showed the character of the man). Constantly gets blamed for others mistakes.

I'll be the first to admit that I am perhaps over critical with Evans, as people have mentioned above, he hasn't done much wrong. However, has he done anything at all?

Well, after seeing him being brought on against Norwich, I was actually pleasantly surprised with how he performed. I thought he was very composed when on the ball and retaining possession. Is he a starting CM? I don't think so.

But if GR wants to continue with the 5 at the back, with Evans in amongst the 3 CB's at the back, I can see that working very well when retaining possession, as I can imagine Evans being the type to pass to feet instead of hoofing it. Although his distribution on Sunday was also very decent with the time he had to show it.

Evans just reminds me of another Mahoney... not in terms of ability, but attitude.

Think it comes down to attitude/body language with Evans, that some fans don't like. Which I can see why!
Last time Evans played in a back x5 alongside Cooper, we lost 6-1 at Coventry he was absolute pony and a load of people said he should never wear the shirt again.

Terrible take. Evans has probably the best attitude out of the whole squad which Rowett has mentioned several times. He has never thrown a strop or tried to unsettle the rest of the team, he’s sat patiently on the sidelines and whenever he has been called into action gone about it in an ultra professional way. All this while getting called a cunt every two weeks by those in block 29 while warming up on the touchline.

Terrible take. Evans has probably the best attitude out of the whole squad which Rowett has mentioned several times. He has never thrown a strop or tried to unsettle the rest of the team, he’s sat patiently on the sidelines and whenever he has been called into action gone about it in an ultra professional way. All this while getting called a cunt every two weeks by those in block 29 while warming up on the touchline.

Just from what I see when watching him mate, he comes across very relaxed and nonchalant to me when playing, which I can imagine could come across as laziness etc...

I don't see him in training to have the same opinion as GR.

Last time Evans played in a back x5 alongside Cooper, we lost 6-1 at Coventry he was absolute pony and a load of people said he should never wear the shirt again.

So does he play CM? or is he surplus to requirements?

If so, why have I got responses saying I'm talking shite?

All a matter of opinions at the end of the day. I've seen some players have absolute stinkers and that hasn't ruined their shot.

So does he play CM? or is he surplus to requirements?

If so, why have I got responses saying I'm talking shite?

All a matter of opinions at the end of the day. I've seen some players have absolute stinkers and that hasn't ruined their shot.
In my opinion surplus to requirements. I always give a sigh when he comes on, think he’s pony and I’ve seen him play a few times. But that’s just my personal opinion.

Also, I think what I'm saying in terms of attitude is different to how you're explaining/viewing it.

I'm not saying he's a bad egg or anything like that.. More talking about how he can be perceived by fans when on the pitch. (As this is all we see).

If he hasn't got a flea up his arse or crunching into tackles as a CB/CM, majority of 'Walls fans won't see much else of what he's doing on the pitch.

It isn't a dig at Evans, I'd want him to play more as I don't think he's warranted the hate for how little he has played.

Looks like it could definitely happen according to NAD.

Could be good news. Will certainly be competition for Danny. He could start on Saturday

Could be good news. Will certainly be competition for Danny. He could start on Saturday
Having watched him play for Coventry I think he’s a very good player! 👍

Agree a very good signing, but Tank's right, we could really do with a replacement for Murray. Sad to say, he's past his sell by date
Perhaps its time for him to move back to his natural position of centre back in a back 4, the position he played as captain for scunthorpe I think.

Just from what I see when watching him mate, he comes across very relaxed and nonchalant to me when playing, which I can imagine could come across as laziness etc...

I don't see him in training to have the same opinion as GR.

Fair enough mate. I’m not saying btw that Evans is the answer to our CB prayers but I’m certain that if given the chance he won’t let us down with attitude or application.

Won second most tackles in the division last year, a Lion through and through like the tattoo on his chest. Alongside another quality centre-half an absolute rock. (As shown in the partnership with Cresswell last year and Hitch when he was younger). Actually better on a back x4 but Incredibly underrated and we’ll only realise sadly when he’s gone. (Missing c4 games with two dislocated shoulders showed the character of the man). Constantly gets blamed for others mistakes.
100% agreed. Cooper needs to be played alongside someone with pace and ideally, a good talker. Cooper and Hutch together are too slow but one with someone else is fine.

It's good to have competition and make players play for their place in the team but not sure a loan signing should come straight in. Danny deserves the chance to put in a good performance. If he doesn't, then he'll be warming the subs bench.

Fair enough mate. I’m not saying btw that Evans is the answer to our CB prayers but I’m certain that if given the chance he won’t let us down with attitude or application.

Completely agree mate. I'd love for many to eat their words with him pulling out all the stops and having a great season.

I said above, when he came on against Norwich, he looked so much more composed on the ball compared to others in the team. Think if he had a good run, it would do his confidence the world of good.

That's why I try not to call too many out, only a matter of time before it comes back to bite ya in the arse and look silly! With a couple players being an exception haha

Members online