THE DEFINITIVE TRANSFER IN/OUT THREAD!!!

A good signing if it happens...
Norton-Cuffy will be a 'Secure Defender', should be able to adapt to the 'System' and highly unlikely to be a sick note over the winter with various 'Viruses'.

:thumbup:

I think he might be quickly well liked down The Den.
He's a worker, skillful, has a bit of pace, and looks pretty good with the ball.
Although I hope he has more than 7:03 seconds about him:

:grinning:

Looks good but would rather we play him right midfield and let Danny or Leonard do the right back defensive work.
Decent wingbacks are very expensive and if they get injured we don’t have other players in the squad who can replace them.

Gonna cost a few bob to get that on the back of your shirt.
Good luck to the lad, sounds on the face of it a very very decent addition to the team. If played in the right position. 😜 Available for Stoke. If KBs video is anything to go by , he will give us something we don't have in the squad, tackles well, skill, ability to beat players and wants to get forward with the ball at pace, just hope the rest of em can keep up.

Be interesting to see how GR sets us up. Lots of options. Hopefully this addition will allow us to play more positive football both home and away as GR has suggested he and the players want to play. Maybe they've had a collective banging of heads regarding recent performances/tactics. You'd like to think so. All will become apparent on Saturday.
COYL

Last edited:
Quality signing is Norton-Cuffey!

Jay Stansfield apparently on the radar too. 6'1ft striker and very different to what we have currently.

Gives us more options to change up our style of play... If GR permits.

What I like is they're both young players.. building for the future as well as present.

Quality signing is Norton-Cuffey!

Jay Stansfield apparently on the radar too. 6'1ft striker and very different to what we have currently.

Gives us more options to change up our style of play... If GR permits.

What I like is they're both young players.. building for the future as well as present.
I don’t think we have any chance of signing either of them on permanent deals to be fair mate. Norton Cuffy is only 19, Arsenal will likely want big big dough

Agree a very good signing, but Tank's right, we could really do with a replacement for Murray. Sad to say, he's past his sell by date

I think you are right. Murray has been incredible for us for a long time but his form at the back end of last season and this hasn't been good. I'd definitely keep him though. He is the sort of character a squad needs.

I don't know if we are looking at bringing in any centre-backs but we definitely need at least one in, if not two.

Looks good but would rather we play him right midfield and let Danny or Leonard do the right back defensive work.
This.

Had a look on the Sky Blues forum to gen up on this Cuffy bloke. Signed on loan for them in last January’s transfer window.

Here‘s what a Cov supporter said about him, just after he signed with them:

“My Rotherham mate has said he’s a cracking player going forward but a lot to learn in defending. Good signing overall.”

Then, a better overall perspective in April, 3 months later:

”So he's been here a while, and this is certainly fair, I think. In fact going forward hasn't quite come off for him either, although he does show a bit of determination, flash, and trickery from time to time. Defensively, his positioning is certainly suspect. he's no DaCosta level, but he does leave lots of space at times. I actually think of the two, Wilson-Esbrand looks the more assured with the better technique, but I could see how Norton-Cuffy could develop along similar lines, maybe.

Overall to date I'd say disappointing, but I actually hope he comes back next season for a full season's loan, as at least we'd get some of the benefit of the development work we've put in. He is only 19 after all... but I don't really see the point if he sods off at the end of the season.”

And this one:

”Neither of them will be able to force themselves into their parent clubs on what i've seen. Both are similar loans to Gyokeres and Sheaf me thinks. Try before you buy/sign.

Cuffy is a strange one. Certainly wont be a Arsenal first team player they way they are progressing and didn't light up Rotherham earlier this season. That said, the second half v Watford he was excellent. So he has something, but i'm not sure about him personally and think we will explore a better option next season but again i wouldn't be shocked if he is back next season on a perm as a squad player. 6/10 rating.”

So, bit of a mixed bag, and like you said, Lions21, play Cuffy on the right wing and keep Danny in defence! Best of both worlds that way!

I don’t think we have any chance of signing either of them on permanent deals to be fair mate. Norton Cuffy is only 19, Arsenal will likely want big big dough

Sadly, think you're right mate.

However, I'm not sure either of them would be able to break into their parent clubs anytime soon, with both clubs looking to just pay the money for the players they want.

Say we we're to sign both on loan this season.. if we got promoted, not think we could potentially stand a chance of signing them with the benefit of being able to play first team football in the Prem?

One can ONLY dream :LOL:

We could always try a back three of Leonard, Evans and Harding. The trouble is that Leonard only has to fart wrong and he's out for three months and Evans is a target for the boo-boys despite never letting us down.

We could always try a back three of Leonard, Evans and Harding. The trouble is that Leonard only has to fart wrong and he's out for three months and Evans is a target for the boo-boys despite never letting us down.
This.

But I could never see Rowett dropping Cooper and/or Hutch if both are fit to play!

Last edited: