THE DEFINITIVE TRANSFER IN/OUT THREAD!!!

I dunno. Life moves fast these days and business is business. Some of these things may have been well under way before JB’s death.

Yeah, your're probably right. Although, I do believe the funeral is on Monday and it's still early in the transfer market, so no need for people to rush through business dealings with the club for the sake of a few days. Who knows, it will all pan out at some point.

Scott Malone has joined Gillingham on their pre season training, good luck to the lad.
Makes sense when you think about it, as Harris would have been aware of what Malone brought to Millwall, and he could easily replicate that in league two!

Only surprise is, that a league 1 side (or a lower Championship side which struggled last season), didn’t entertain him! A club like the spotters would have been ideal if he wanted to stay in London!

Then again, maybe they couldn’t afford his wages? 🤣

Agh, i see it mooted to be a loan which makes more sense but still a big step down. Unless the club want to find a route out for him i can't see what benefits it has for us with him playing in a poor division. He's a bit of a dodge pot but not that bad.

Tin hat on :p

Forgive me if I have missed something but two matters have surprised me today.
The first regards Tyler Burey. I thought it was nailed on that he was leaving us and going to Oxford. I was reading some stuff on News at Den about our squad and his name appeared on it. I was shocked. I have looked on the OS and there is no mention of him having left and there is no mention of him on the Oxford United site that he has joined. I can only conclude that he is going nowhere and will be with us this season unless something happens before September 1st.
The second is about Mark Travers, the Bournemouth keeper who was set to join us on a season long loan. It all looked nailed on last week but there has been nothing on the OS or anywhere to say that he has signed.
Does the man in the car park know any more?

The first regards Tyler Burey. I thought it was nailed on that he was leaving us and going to Oxford. I was reading some stuff on News at Den about our squad and his name appeared on it. I was shocked. I have looked on the OS and there is no mention of him having left and there is no mention of him on the Oxford United site that he has joined. I can only conclude that he is going nowhere and will be with us this season unless something happens before September 1st.
The second is about Mark Travers, the Bournemouth keeper who was set to join us on a season long loan. It all looked nailed on last week but there has been nothing on the OS or anywhere to say that he has signed.
I think maybe recent events have overwhelmed the club recently and normal business has been put on hold.

I wonder would he drop two divisions, would be a big drop in wages too. Reckon he could get a league one club at worst.
If he got a move to "Germany - 2. Bundesliga" (Championship Equivalent).
He could do better than worst, he could get a Bratwurst.

Dont worry, I have my coat ready and a Sherbert is on the way.
:grinning:

I read somewhere that Burey didn't fancy the move.
Possibly could be the making of him.

I read somewhere that Burey didn't fancy the move.
Possibly could be the making of him.
All he has to do in his next appearance is wear black boots, short sleeves. Score a 15 minute Hattrick. smack the left back round the head off the ball and then two foot him in to the stands, straight red card. Kiss the badge as he walks off to rapturous applause giving it ‘MIIIIIIIIIIIII’ as he bounces down the tunnel. Instant fan favourite.

I hope he stays and the wankers give him a chance. There is a player there, he is a young boy and needs support and not getting destroyed . 🙏

I think it goes both ways. He’ll need to show a bit of willing and try to get supporters back on side. Sulking won’t do it.

I hope he stays and the wankers give him a chance. There is a player there, he is a young boy and needs support and not getting destroyed . 🙏
I agree but he needs some strong guidance. Boo boys or not, just keep your head and remember the opportunities open to him to earn some serious money.

Reactions: SEL
In terms of technical ability “there is a player there” but in terms of footballing intelligence and character, at present, there isn’t and I can’t ever see that changing 🤷‍♂️
That’s the thing, it’s the Bertie big bollocks attitude. Even Flemming got cunted in the last few games of the season. Unfairly given how he’d done for us, he just got on with it. Burey keeps making basic errors and acts like it’s a one off and has a strop.

there will always be criticism (fair or unfair) and if he can’t deal with being moaned at for being unable to trap a ball rolling slowly towards him (as happened in the Burnley game - I think) then he doesn’t have the character to play here.

he needs to put his hands up, admit he isn’t messi and roll his socks up. Or go.

With regards to Burey leaving, I would think that GR, who sees him every day, would decide wether or not he wants to keep him at the club. The fact that he was willing to release him, would indicate that he believes he has no future at the club and would progress further else where. However, Burley didn’t fancy the move. Watch this space, I suppose.

Members online