THE DEFINITIVE TRANSFER IN/OUT THREAD!!!

I truly hope this is another year where we all lose total faith that anything good is going to be brought in and then surprise we make some excellent signings. I’ve got my fingers crossed that this old pattern is repeated during this January window. For heaven sakes we need some strength upfront.

If he says nothing there's a rant, if he does there's a rant, Can't win. Ballard is an example, was never going to sign but captain hindsight slings on his cape and pipes up. It's predictably boring.
Aimed at me I presume.
The point I was simply making is that Ballard was, and is, ten times the player Cresswell has turned out to be. You can't deny that is true.
Maybe Ballard never did want to sign for us, I don't know that for sure and you don't know that for sure or what the reasons were that he went elsewhere, You can only guess. But the fact is that he ended up elsewhere and in return we got a player nowhere near his level and that is fact. Hindsight or not.

Oh for the days when we knew nothing about the running of the club. When George Graham and Docherty made signings we knew nothing until the player was unveiled in a Wall shirt after signing. Constant speculation is all bollocks. If GR can find the right player and the player wants to come, we'll sign him. If not, we won't, it's that simple. I hate transfer windows.

As for Ballard, everyone knows how good he is. If he wasn't an injury waiting to happen he'd still be Arsenal. He's played 5 times this season. Imagine the stick GR would be getting If he'd weighed out £2m for a player with a proven injury record who then spends most of the season on the treatment table.

As for Ballard, everyone knows how good he is. If he wasn't an injury waiting to happen he'd still be Arsenal. He's played 5 times this season. Imagine the stick GR would be getting If he'd weighed out £2m for a player with a proven injury record who then spends most of the season on the treatment table.
Didn’t arsenal insist on a buy back clause as well, where if he stayed injury free and turned out to be a decent player they could buy him back for cheap?

Ballard was a much more accomplished defender before he arrived on loan. He had the promotion season with Blackpool the year before. This is cresswells first proper season of football. He’s Leeds equivalent of Hayden Muller. I’ve seen enough to say the lads going to be a good player but he needs games and to be honest a year in league 1 before the championship would have helped him massively.

Didn’t arsenal insist on a buy back clause as well, where if he stayed injury free and turned out to be a decent player they could buy him back for cheap?
Yes, definitely rings a bell. I'm sure we did the right thing swerving him. Will be on decent money at Sunderland too.

Yes, plus a large percentage of any perspective sell on fee. To much risk involved to do a deal. Still won't stop our manager from being slagged off.

Ballard was a much more accomplished defender before he arrived on loan. He had the promotion season with Blackpool the year before. This is cresswells first proper season of football. He’s Leeds equivalent of Hayden Muller. I’ve seen enough to say the lads going to be a good player but he needs games and to be honest a year in league 1 before the championship would have helped him massively.
Technically very good just needs to brush upon his defending. Every signing is a risk, this one hasn't worked bar his goals. Move on.

That was outrageous and we were right to walk away.
I agree,all weighed in Arsenals favour and why Burnley baulked at it too! Regardless of what we think, we couldn't match the players wage demands. He's also an injury risk.

It's not Rowetts fault we never signed him as some seem to think. Money talks and most in this division have more and more will take risks regardless of the consequences. Qpr being a prime example.

The fact we've so far managed to keep hold of two gems in Danny and Billy speaks volumes. We've also got a few youngens that can change a games in Ese and the irish lad, all is not lost.

Esse looks like having the potential to become a Championship player which could be seen as good as a new signing, I get the impression that Burey could be pushed aside for him and if so, he could either knuckle down and fight for his place or be left wondering why it didn't work out whilst on loan at Rochdale.