THE DEFINITIVE TRANSFER IN/OUT THREAD!!!

Gelhardt is a really good player and will do well in the championship on loan. Not sure Leeds would want him to come to us after Cresswell has spent most of the season on the bench though. Maybe he can be part of the deal Leeds now need to strike for us to let cresswell go.
Yes but we have the whip-pet hand here.

If I understand correctly, we've passed the period agreed from when Leeds could recall Cresswell, so its down to both clubs to negotiate if they do want to take him back.

They have a promising young striker Joe Gelhardt who they have said can go out on loan this window - it will be worth asking the question, if they want Cresswell back can we have the forward as a swap?
Agree but being more assertive I.e. “if they want Cresswell back we WANT the forward as a swap” 👍

Re: Ogbene and the knee, I found an article from a couple of years back where he played for Ireland and they were booed for taking it before a game against Hungary.

"We hope Uefa will take stricter action and find a solution," said Ogbene.

"It is a difficult task because it has been going on for many years. We won't find a result or solution overnight.

"I try not to worry about it. I just focus on ourselves. I feel like the group we have - it is diverse and everyone is together."

Asked whether he had been disappointed at the way the gesture was greeted, Ogbene added: "Yes, I was obviously disappointed because we all go through different stories and different histories in our lives.

"This is something that black people have been fighting for many years - discrimination and racism. There is no place in any sport, any place."

See, as a young black fella in football I'm not sure how else they are expected to answer these sorts of questions. 'Don't you think UEFA should take a look at this?' 'Nah not really mate.' 'Are you disappointed that they booed?' 'Nah, not really mate.' See what I mean? Doesn't reflect well on them in todays environment. Everyone has to be seen to pick a strong stance and stand by it, one is judged as wrong, one is judged as right - no in between.

It seems about as measured a response as I'd probably expect in this day and age, he's not thrown his toys out the pram.

See, as a young black fella in football I'm not sure how else they are expected to answer these sorts of questions. 'Don't you think UEFA should take a look at this?' 'Nah not really mate.' 'Are you disappointed that they booed?' 'Nah, not really mate.' See what I mean? Doesn't reflect well on them in todays environment. Everyone has to be seen to pick a strong stance and stand by it, one is judged as wrong, one is judged as right - no in between.

It seems about as measured a response as I'd probably expect in this day and age, he's not thrown his toys out the pram.

That was my take on it as well.

Re: Ogbene and the knee, I found an article from a couple of years back where he played for Ireland and they were booed for taking it before a game against Hungary.

"It is a difficult task because it has been going on for many years. We won't find a result or solution overnight.

"I try not to worry about it. I just focus on ourselves. I feel like the group we have - it is diverse and everyone is together."

Asked whether he had been disappointed at the way the gesture was greeted, Ogbene added: "Yes, I was obviously disappointed because we all go through different stories and different histories in our lives.

"This is something that black people have been fighting for many years - discrimination and racism. There is no place in any sport, any place."

I agree. I hope we sign him because of what he does on the pitch, not anything else. He looks like a player to me. Two good feet, a great shot, pace and offers us something different.

Saw this little nugget as I perused Charlton NoLife - on their transfer window thread.

This from Mr_invisible

“Just had few pints with a very drunk Steve Gallen. Obviously I don’t know him and it seemed a PR stunt but he was bouncing from tan to fan , maybe I’m being cynical. I’m sure other Lifers were there. Praised the fans but said Millwall want Dobbo. Said he’s a West Ham fan but championship money talks. Top guy though hopefully Dobbo interest dies.”

And a reply to it from Chris_from_Sidcup

“They were sniffing around him in the summer apparently. Mate of a mate (yes i know it's a tenuous link) is close friends with Dobson and mentioned it. However he said he was very unlikely to go there because Dobson's Dad was 100% against him signing for Millwall because (like you say) the family are all big West Ham fans.

Yes money does talk but you'd assume if Millwall are interested then other championship clubs would also be.“

Have you heard anything about this from car park man, Peckham?

Vermin supporter? Surely not! :shake:

Saw this little nugget as I perused Charlton NoLife - on their transfer window thread.

This from Mr_invisible

“Just had few pints with a very drunk Steve Gallen. Obviously I don’t know him and it seemed a PR stunt but he was bouncing from tan to fan , maybe I’m being cynical. I’m sure other Lifers were there. Praised the fans but said Millwall want Dobbo. Said he’s a West Ham fan but championship money talks. Top guy though hopefully Dobbo interest dies.”

And a reply to it from Chris_from_Sidcup

“They were sniffing around him in the summer apparently. Mate of a mate (yes i know it's a tenuous link) is close friends with Dobson and mentioned it. However he said he was very unlikely to go there because Dobson's Dad was 100% against him signing for Millwall because (like you say) the family are all big West Ham fans.

Yes money does talk but you'd assume if Millwall are interested then other championship clubs would also be.“

Have you heard anything about this from car park man, Peckham?

Vermin supporter? Surely not! :shake:
I watched him last night against Man Utd and was impressed. Also liked the look of Jesun Rak-Sayki who's on loan from Palace, who we were linked with.

I watched him last night against Man Utd and was impressed. Also liked the look of Jesun Rak-Sayki who's on loan from Palace, who we were linked with.
Yeah, but the cunts a Vermin supporter, so will he give us his all?

And if he does, will his old man disown him if he gets us to the Prem* and the Vermin get relegated in the same season? 🤣

Not sure about Rak-Sayki myself. Seems to blow very hot and cold from one game to the next. The spotters reckon he was good when he first came to them, but by their own admission, their poor run and poor play has dragged him down to their level of shit! 🤣

Maybe if he comes to us, a Championship club battling for a play off place, it might re-energise him, and it’s he who helps get us to the Prem*

Oh, how the Nigel’s would love that, especially when we relegate them to being the 2nd biggest South London club in the Prem! 🤣

Just read this on news at den:
That may well open the door for Millwall to swoop in and the versatile forward would be a great addition for Rowett. If they’re willing to pay the reported price tag of over £1m, this could be one that gets done.

A million for a player who has six months left on his contract, is he worth that?

Just read this on news at den:
That may well open the door for Millwall to swoop in and the versatile forward would be a great addition for Rowett. If they’re willing to pay the reported price tag of over £1m, this could be one that gets done.

A million for a player who has six months left on his contract, is he worth that?
Not a chance - have to ask ourselves is he going to get 10-15 goals in the remaining 21 games? I doubt it, therefore wouldn't be pulling up that sort of money when he can go for free in summer.

I don't know much about this Ogbene but his stats are quite similar to Bradshaw. Is he a like for like player or someone to add something different to our attacking options? Would he be a better option to Vog out on the right of attack?

We should had took a million for Jed last January.
In hindsight, yeah. He didn't really seem to perform second half of the season and his head was elsewhere. He went a bit sheepish when he returned to the starting 11.

The month he was absent, during the window with an 'injury' (I suspect refused to play?) we did go on a bad run of form, but I can't help but think the debacle was a distraction to the squad at the time.

We should had took a million for Jed last January.
We weren't in a great position in the league at the time, plus JB wasn't going to bow to Wallace nor any club trying to take the piss. I salute the chairman for that and it all worked out very well in the end. A million to JB is fuck all, relegation would have cost us dearly.

We were after Flemming last season but his club wouldn't budge so Wall shook hands with them and we got first dibs. Had he come in January as we wanted i think the club would have let the flash wanker go whilst getting a small fee.

Lowe is going to QPR - I had a feeling this would be the case as he's from West London anyway and has supposedly knocked us back twice already.

No one even knows if we were interested in the first place so difficult to say if he turned us down a third time!

This Ogbene rumour seems to have some legs, however he is primarily a winger by all accounts. We must have another striker lined up? Rotherham supporters don't seem too upset about him leaving...