THE DEFINITIVE TRANSFER IN/OUT THREAD!!!

Usual shit clickbait sites claiming other teams are 'leading the race' for him. What does that even mean? Absolute codswallop.

seems a lot of clubs in this division have done little business so far, its not just us that are struggling to sign anyone
Once a few transfers happen things should speed up. As you correctly say, there ain't a lot of money to be chucked around, plus no one sells there best players in January. I think the loan market will be very busy, squad players from the premier looking to get some game time under there belts is probably the best we'll get.

I think there are a good 12 clubs all looking at the same pool of players, be it Premier League loans or League 1 stars. All probably offering the same sorts of wages, all in with as good a chance of top 6 as each other.

I think this goes a long way to explain why there's been so little movement in the window so far.

And we're not just competing with fellow Championship clubs for domestic players, its foreign targets too.

There were at least a couple of other Championship teams sniffing around Flemming, but I think we may have been the first to show serious intent (I know, hard to believe).

It's a very tough market / window, so I do sympathise, but its not as though we've had to be too reactionary. We knew from about 6 weeks in to the season that we were light in attacking areas.

Undav was leading scorer in Belgium last season (26 goals). Don't watch that much of the Jupiler league but he looked good in the bits I saw. Would be a good signing but will be (pleasantly) surprised if we get him.

it was complete madness to let him go without a replacement or at least one that signed soon after.
It was probably a case of then or never and it was important to free up his wages.
If they'd waited until the replacement was in the door, Afobe could have said "too late now, I'll see my contract out"
Then we'd have been stuck with a wage bill we couldn't afford.

You can't always engineer things exactly as you would like. Also Afobe could have been injured in the next game he played and everyone would have said he should have been let go sooner.

Sometimes, you really can't win.

Voglsammer can play striker so I can see what GR means about signing another attacking player other than a striker. BUT we really do need someone whose hungry/bang inform and can hit the ground running.

I'd love for us to go for that Ellis Sims from Everton towards the end of the window... Everton will spunk a load of money this window I reckon trying to resolve their issues, pushing Sims down the pecking order again. Worth an ask at least to know their plans with him.

Voglsammer can play striker so I can see what GR means about signing another attacking player other than a striker. BUT we really do need someone whose hungry/bang inform and can hit the ground running.

I'd love for us to go for that Ellis Sims from Everton towards the end of the window... Everton will spunk a load of money this window I reckon trying to resolve their issues, pushing Sims down the pecking order again. Worth an ask at least to know their plans with him.
Everton can't spend loads, they had to sell Richarlison to stay within the FFP rules in the summer and Sims went on the 2nd half on Saturday so it looks like they need him.

no matter what people think of afobe - it was complete madness to let him go without a replacement or at least one that signed soon after. Its 2 weeks since he left and we arent even close (it seems) to getting someone else in - when we already were 1 striker short before his departure.
It would of been wrong to deny him the move he got knowing we wouldn't of kept him past this summer, his move wasn't just a football one, seems to be a life changing one for him and his family.