THE DEFINITIVE TRANSFER IN/OUT THREAD!!!

They were after him last season. Wouldn't be the end of the world as long as we have cover for him, his best days are behind him.
Like you said, his best days are behind him, and at 27, might think a club like Rangers could offer him one last good 3 year pay out before he leaves them and drops down a division or two, or retires for good!

The first problem the club have, is that Cooper is coming up to the end of his contract this season, so Rangers could register their interest in him in January, and sign him for nothing at the end of the season, which means we get the square root of fuck all for him!

The second problem we have, regardless if he’s sold in January or goes on a free at the end of the season, is I don’t think we have a recognised left footed CH to take his place. Cresswell, Leonard, Evans are all right footers, and as far as I can tell, no CH‘s in either the U21’s or U18’s are left footed either!

If we sell Cooper to Rangers in January, and get good money for him, GR might I suppose be able to use some of that money and buy a left sided CH as a replacement, but does he get someone who’s already experienced in the Prem or the Championship, or does he go for someone younger, but up and coming from Leagues 1 or 2, even though they won’t have the right level of experience needed for the Championship?

One other thing to remember is that if (and it might be a big if), we were to get promoted to the Prem this season, I would feel more comfortable knowing the team had an experienced CH in Cooper playing for us, instead of relying on a young inexperienced newbie going up against the big, powerful goal scoring forwards of the Prem!

Like you said, his best days are behind him, and at 27, might think a club like Rangers could offer him one last good 3 year pay out before he leaves them and drops down a division or two, or retires for good!

The first problem the club have, is that Cooper is coming up to the end of his contract this season, so Rangers could register their interest in him in January, and sign him for nothing at the end of the season, which means we get the square root of fuck all for him!

The second problem we have, regardless if he’s sold in January or goes on a free at the end of the season, is I don’t think we have a recognised left footed CH to take his place. Cresswell, Leonard, Evans are all right footers, and as far as I can tell, no CH‘s in either the U21’s or U18’s are left footed either!

If we sell Cooper to Rangers in January, and get good money for him, GR might I suppose be able to use some of that money and buy a left sided CH as a replacement, but does he get someone who’s already experienced in the Prem or the Championship, or does he go for someone younger, but up and coming from Leagues 1 or 2, even though they won’t have the right level of experience needed for the Championship?

One other thing to remember is that if (and it might be a big if), we were to get promoted to the Prem this season, I would feel more comfortable knowing the team had an experienced CH in Cooper playing for us, instead of relying on a young inexperienced newbie going up against the big, powerful goal scoring forwards of the Prem!
We won't lose money if he goes. I think he came for next to nothing, has been a loyal servant for over five years and scores goals. The club are being run properly, i'm confident the player recruitment mob will have a have a list of targets compiled.

Murray would be a good naturally left-footed Cooper replacement!

We won't lose money if he goes. I think he came for next to nothing, has been a loyal servant for over five years and scores goals. The club are being run properly, i'm confident the player recruitment mob will have a have a list of targets compiled.
400 grand was his fee, I believe.
We have certainly had value for money.
If he goes, he goes with my best wishes and thanks for years of service.
He also copied my lion tattoo on his chest.!!

Porteous likes a tackle and seems a Wall type of player , think he has a fare amount of yellow cards and a few reds aswell

We've been eyeing Porteous up for a while, so it makes sense if it does happen. Even if Cooper doesn't go, we'll be without Cresswell next season and Hutchinson isn't getting any younger.

Apparently a copper is joining us, Josh Keeya is joining from the met police. On our best behaviour lads.

We've been eyeing Porteous up for a while, so it makes sense if it does happen. Even if Cooper doesn't go, we'll be without Cresswell next season and Hutchinson isn't getting any younger.
Porteous is a right footed player, so if we buy him he’ll probably be Hutch’s replacement rather than Coops!

Josh Keeya, signed from Met Police. Presume he slots straight in to the academy setup.

Remains to be seen what the young lad from Shamrock's situation will be when he arrives. Is he in the first team picture? A prospect to be sent on loan? Academy?