The definitive new manager speculation thread

Would you have a big bet on the info you have received?
No but because it's not something i'll ever do or get involved in because of my history with addictions that i now have firmly under control. Resistance and restraint is better for me in the long term. I haven't had a drink in 18 year but even now there's not many days that pass when i don't want one. I just won't and i enjoy being control of something that once completely controlled and defined me.

I have spent years analysing, learning, finding out and understanding how my brain ticks. I've concluded and accepted that i'm a fearless adrenalin junkie that gets highs and dopamine hits from taking risks, pushing barriers to the extreme and dicing with danger. Be it booze, drugs or violence.. With that in mind there's lots of things i have to steer clear off and not do.

No but because it's not something i'll ever do or get involved in because of my history with addictions that i now have firmly under control. Resistance and restraint is better for me in the long term
Oh lovely, you couldn’t have had your “Road to Damascus” moment last season before you took that fiver off me for our West Brom bet? :mad:

Didn't GR say Millwall might be trying/doing something different? Or did I read that wrong?

Apart from Edwards, not one of the names being bandied around is/are 'Different'. They are just the usual stock managers all out hunting for jobs.
:shrug:

Carry on.
:grinning:

For 40 minutes under Lomas we played the best football I’ve seen for ages.

Away to Bournemouth 2013; 2 up after 40 minutes; should have been move; Dunney gets booked (unfairly) for time-wasting taking a throw; they score against the run of play just before half time; 2nd half; they equalise then score another; ball smashed against Dunney’s hand in the box; 2nd booking and off; they score from penalty; game over; we concede another penalty and lose 5-2 🤦‍♂️

But that first 40 minutes was brilliant 👍👏
Yeah shit day that was but at least we had a whip around for Grabbon

Didn't GR say Millwall might be trying/doing something different? Or did I read that wrong?

Apart from Edwards, not one of the names being bandied around is/are 'Different'. They are just the usual stock managers all out hunting for jobs.

Carry on.
that’s what he said,

Carry on.
I wouldn't class Jones , Eustace , Beale or Ryan Mason as stock managers. Not for another couple of year at least :grinning::grinning:

No but because it's not something i'll ever do or get involved in because of my history with addictions that i now have firmly under control. Resistance and restraint is better for me in the long term. I haven't had a drink in 18 year but even now there's not many days that pass when i don't want one. I just won't and i enjoy being control of something that once completely controlled and defined me.

I have spent years analysing, learning, finding out and understanding how my brain ticks. I've concluded and accepted that i'm a fearless adrenalin junkie that gets highs and dopamine hits from taking risks, pushing barriers to the extreme and dicing with danger. Be it booze, drugs or violence.. With that in mind there's lots of things i have to steer clear off and not do.
Commendable mate. Probably why you’re here now.

To be fair Paul there were some decent candidates, Ilderton on another thread nailed it when said that Rowett put us in a healthy position for the new man to take the next step with us. I will say that having Kavanah on board is paying dividends. He's progressive, driven and understands that the old school managers merry go round that hops from one stint to another whilst devoid of hunger and desire is for the past. Rowett can be credited for putting us on the road we need to be. I think it's fair to say that both Rowett and us fans knew he had his limitations and had hit his peak both with the team and many of the fans.
I know you can’t say who it is, but will we be surprised and or delighted?

Agree with much of what you say. Only time will tell if this team is capable of going up a level. I don't think they are. I don't think Rowett can manage at a higher level than us either. We may have lost some hardcore fans but match attendances rose during Rowetts tenure. We were getting the best gates since 1988/89. More than we did under Jackett and Harris whilst in the championship.
And 88/89 most of us were jibbing in

Okay then...
A stock at the moment. B stock in a couple of years.
Personally I wouldn't class them as something different though.
Beale and Mason are surely considered very different in how they would like to play and presumably Edwards would as well given his cv.
Everyone is forgetting the important part of a managers personality, none of us would know this side of him and can be just as important as his tactical and coaching abilities.

Sorry, didn't mean to ask whether you would literally put money on, more trying to gauge how much trust you put in the info you have been given?

Is there somewhere in your reply a reason why you won't go in Arments?

Carpark man is top notch

Is it because he is in the car park permanently and not just on matchdays and therefore misses nothing?

And I hope it's not that jobsworth who used to try and direct my old man into his space despite him having a massive card in the window with the number 37 on it?