The championship chit chat thread

FT:
Sunderland 4-4 Hull.
Hull equalised with a penalty (last kick of the game).

Sunderland, another team dropping points today. A funny ol' game.

EDIT:
F/T
'Boro 1-2 Burnley

:grinning:

Last edited:
Norwich will be the fly in the ointment.
They are 2 points behind us and have a fairly easy run in.
Rotherham
Boro
QPR
Swansea
WBA
Blackpool
Only difficult one for them is Boro away.

We have hit the buffers in the scoring department and I can see us being pipped at the post - Again.

Maybe it’s the 40 years of disappointment that wears you down (apart from 87/88)

Norwich will be the fly in the ointment.
They are 2 points behind us and have a fairly easy run in.
Rotherham
Boro
QPR
Swansea
WBA
Blackpool
Only difficult one for them is Boro away.

We have hit the buffers in the scoring department and I can see us being pipped at the post - Again.

Maybe it’s the 40 years of disappointment that wears you down (apart from 87/88)
I'm pretty sure we won't get in the play offs as like you said.... Norwich will pip us at the post and likely go up... Imo top 2 are already sorted and the final will be between Boro & Norwich (Norwich to go up)

Makes me laugh all the hoo ha about Burnley 'going back up at the first time of asking'... not surprising really with all that additional Premiership handouts they get! Who says parachute payments don't interfere with the game!

Makes me laugh all the hoo ha about Burnley 'going back up at the first time of asking'... not surprising really with all that additional Premiership handouts they get! Who says parachute payments don't interfere with the game!
Watford, Norwich and West Brom also have them and they don't look good this season.

This subject was on talksport a couple of months ago and I did agree with Simon Jordan when he said to a 'fans spokesman' that he has nothing to whine about, they weren't complaining when the owner was putting his own money in and now that he has taken a small part back they think they have a right to complain, when it's the owners money in the first place.

Seems a general point of crying amongst some fans whose teams aren't doing as well as they should be, not content with their owner putting in millions of his own money, they want more and more put into the club or get out, the anoraks have been a good example of that over the last decade and they don't let the fact that there isn't a big queue of people waiting to lose money get in the way of their constant whining.

It has a small part but it's how it's spent and who your manager is. It isn't helping Norwich, Stoke or West brom. Most of the premier sweetener goes on players inflated contracts after a relegation. Four of the current top six sides haven't recieved parchute payments.

The premier is supposed to be ' the promised land ' the answer to all your financial problems as sky keep telling us but the reality is that it's bullshit, a lie that fuckwit supporters get sucked into. There's arounfd ten premier clubs one relgation away from going bust.

Burnley were a very well run club, Dyche kept them in the premier ona shoestring budget. Yes they had parachute payments but those disappeared quickly. They're not huge payers of wages, what's got them promoted is a good manager who taps into Man city for loan players.

Burnley were a very well run club, Dyche kept them in the premier ona shoestring budget. Yes they had parachute payments but those disappeared quickly. They're not huge payers of wages, what's got them promoted is a good manager who taps into Man city for loan players.
Sheffield Utd have also got a couple of players on loan from Man City.
Obviously that's the place to go if you want to go up. Would be a change for us as Man City seem to cherry pick our young players