The championship chit chat thread

Burnley v Man City and Sheffield United v Blackburn in fa cup quarter finals .
A bit of fixture congestion on top of an already hectic playing schedule.
Can only be good for us.
Blades and rovers play each other Saturday in the championship and both clubs have a very testing run of fixtures coming up.
Can only be good for us.
We can grind out a win Saturday and it could be fuckin fantastic for us.

Maybe I am a little to positive tonight after such a bad result last night :thumbup::grinning:

An independent arbitration panel has dismissed the claim of Blackburn Rovers, in which it challenged the EFL’s refusal to register Nottingham Forest’s Lewis O’Brien on loan on 31 January.

The EFL rejected the application to register the Player on the grounds that Blackburn had failed to supply all the required information by the relevant deadline. The Board subsequently endorsed that decision.

Upon review of all the evidence, the independently appointed arbitrator, William Norris KC, determined that the EFL correctly interpreted and applied its Regulations and associated Guidance.

There is no further right of appeal, and Lewis O’Brien’s registration will remain with Nottingham Forest.

Was just about to post something about them. Looks like the new manager bounce has gone. Lost there last five on the road. Jeds dentist and plastic surgeon will be gutted. BIg club- play at a higher level. What a wanker!

:rofl:

Odd away form of late. They come charging out of the blocks looking like they could tear Barca and Real a new one....then lose.
:shrug:
:grinning:

Statwanker says he believes West Brom have now gone. They would need 26 points from 12 games which is better than automatic promotion form. No reason to believe they could achieve that.
They'll do well in their remaining home games but that won't be enough if they continue to lose on the road. It would be a real kick in the gnashers for Twinlkle bollox if we finish ahead of them.

It was a tough old game yesterday. We did give it everything but they were a class above (well on the day). It's started clicking for them.

I would love to make the play-offs, and of course, on the day, anything can happen. If not us in the final, I can see it being Norwich vs Sheff Utd with Norwich going up. 'Boro are showing automatic promotion form, Sheff Utd are stopping and starting. Burnley and 'Boro for me will be the top two.