The championship chit chat thread

I think that's right. Season ticket sales would be through the roof, with little scope for day trippers.
The club will make sure there's tickets left for walk ups. Could hold back a thousand for general sales at a nice price, every club does it up there.

Qpr got slapped at home again, another 3 goals let in. No home win since October, very doubtful but would love to see them relegated.
Trouble is they have 40 points already and the bottom 3 are 9 behind.
Hard to see how they could fuck up badly enough to get caught.
Sorry, 39 points

Birmingham's off-field problems surfaced again.

This week the club and a “number of individuals” were charged by the EFL with alleged rule breaches as a result of an investigation into a takeover bid. The EFL said “sufficient evidence” exists to issue charges of misconduct......Thats them down then.

Peckham,

I was heartened by Kavanagh’s email, stating that next season, ST prices are only going up, across the board, by 5%. That is a fantastic
gesture from the club, especially if we did get promotion this season! Of course, if we got a 2nd season in the Prem, the prices would shoot up somewhat, but I honestly believe that JB and Kavanagh actually do ‘get us,’ and understand that in the world we live in today, with everyone short of money, that it’s imperative the club realise they cannot alienate the core support of the supporters by putting ST prices up beyond their means of paying!

There could be an added bonus that a price increase of 5% to watch Prem football next season (if it happens), is also good for the fair weather supporter, who might suddenly think that this small increase is acceptable, if he/she can watch the likes of Man U, City, Chelsea, etc. playing at The Den every two weeks! That in itself brings in more revenue for the club!
In the unlikely event we go up I cant see anyone other than ST holders filling the ground. If the price went up say 100% which would bring us into line with other prem clubs I could see most of our current fan base being priced out. After coming back down how many of those original fans would come back. I for one could not afford a doubling of the ticket prices and would likely catch the occasional Welling game instead.

In the unlikely event we go up I cant see anyone other than ST holders filling the ground. If the price went up say 100% which would bring us into line with other prem clubs I could see most of our current fan base being priced out. After coming back down how many of those original fans would come back. I for one could not afford a doubling of the ticket prices and would likely catch the occasional Welling game instead.
That was the point I was trying to get over, Happy!

We are an unfashionable club. Always have been, always will be. I can’t for the life of me think that JB and Kavanagh would price our core support out of going to games (in the Premiership or not!) It would be financial suicide if they did that!

JB has said in the past, in one of his letters to the supporters, how much he appreciates our support in tough times (and those times ain‘t gonna get much easier in the next couple of years!)

They appreciate the fans that much that they ban them for next to fuck all. An unfashionable club that gets tar trippers coming over from Europe. Fulham, the Nigels West ham all get bigger crowds when in the premier. Palaces ground isn't much bigger than ours but is full of day trippers. It happens and will happen at ours.

Hitting

In the unlikely event we go up I cant see anyone other than ST holders filling the ground.
You think we'd all of a sudden have 19 thousand season ticket holders? We have about eight thousand now, get home crowds 0f 10-12k, where's all these season ticket holders coming from?

You think we'd all of a sudden have 19 thousand season ticket holders? We have about eight thousand now, get home crowds 0f 10-12k, where's all these season ticket holders coming from?
lot of our fans POTD. Getting tickets would be a lot harder as we would no doubt attract a load of wanna bees plus fans that have not been for a time.

Dont forget all those poor prem team fans who cant get a seat in their home grounds.

lot of our fans POTD. Getting tickets would be a lot harder as we would no doubt attract a load of wanna bees plus fans that have not been for a time.

Dont forget all those poor prem team fans who cant get a seat in their home grounds.
There'd be quite a few that wouldn't buy a ST cause of the way fixtures are moved. Premier clubs have a lot less 3pm Saturday kick offs because of the TV companies fucking about with it so much. Think the Nigels last game was a 7.45 pm kick off on Saturday. Madness!

Last edited:
Changing he KO times & days is one of the worse things that have happend to English football. You cant plan travel and accommodation to distant fixture with all of these last minute changes. Most of us have to work and cant plan our lives around ever changing fixture KO times.

Changing he KO times & days is one of the worse things that have happend to English football. You cant plan travel and accommodation to distant fixture with all of these last minute changes. Most of us have to work and cant plan our lives around ever changing fixture KO times.
It's not for the working class anymore mate. Even a sky/ BT sports subscription is out of the reach of many hard working families.

QPR's loss widened from £10m to £16m, as revenue fell £16m (47%) from £34m to £18m, though expenses were cut £11m (24%) and profit on player sales increased £3m to £6m. Also impacted by £4.5m write-off of previous training ground development.