Stoke City v Millwall match thread

HappyLion

Stoke City welcome Millwall tomorrow afternoon. The Potters go into this one on the back of some improved form, with their 3-1 win at Swansea City in midweek lifting them up into 17th place in the Championship table.

Millwall on the other hand sit in 5th. They’ve enjoyed a strong showing in 2023 having lost just one of their last six in the league, beating Sheffield United and drawing with Burnley ahead of this game.
A potential banana skin. COYL

I hope it's not going to be the usual Millwall filling us full of hope after a few decent results only to fall flat on our faces to a team at the bottom end of the league.

They're not at the bottom of the league, they're 10 points off us having won three games less. Decent of late at home, scoring goals and not conceding. Their fans hate Rowett, they'll want to win and will get behind their team.

We went up there last seaon on the back of an unbeaten run of eight games, hadn't conceded in five matches. They hadn't won in eight games, they beat us 2-0. There's no easy games in this division. Would take a point now.

They're not at the bottom of the league, they're 10 points off us having won three games less. Decent of late at home, scoring goals and not conceding. Their fans hate Rowett, they'll want to win and will get behind their team.

We went up there last seaon on the back of an unbeaten run of eight games, hadn't conceded in five matches. They hadn't won in eight games, they beat us 2-0. There's no easy games in this division. Would take a point now.
Agreed.

At the very least, a point will keep the unbeaten run going!

remember going up there in the seventies for a f a cup game got a bit surrounded and the usual bollocks ‘ got the time mate’ i said there’s a clock you thick cunt just as Possee was putting one past Gordon Banks in the first minute,didn’t end well on the pitch anyway we lost 2-1

I thought that was interesting about Millwall being the quickest in the league to transition the ball, doesn't feel like it sometimes : )