Stoke City v Millwall match thread

I meant ‘luckiest’ as in we could have got hammered had Stoke had their shooting boots on today. The amount of chances they had was criminal, and some of it was stopped by our superb defence (which I mentioned in my post), and some of it was down to poor play by Stoke!

Just wish we could win without the whole team sweating buckets and tiring themselves out, when we’ve got another hard game coming up on Tuesday!
Our defence was organised and solid.
We played a bit of football, scored an excellent goal after a great tackle by Saville.
Stoke were poor and didn't deserve anything from the game even though they had more possession and shots which were nearer to the moon than the net.
And their crosses were schoolboy stuff.
Nothing lucky about our win up there.
COYL!!!

Some fans expect more from us , most are realistic enough to think that challenging for the top six season after season is great without fear of a relegation fight , are we as good as 3 or 4 teams around us ? No but we can match anyone on our day , can we go up ? yes ,should we be demanding we go up ,? No , enjoy the ride we are a club on the up in almost all departments, well run and stable , that's enough for me promotion would be great but being involved at the right end in the mix right up to the last day of the season makes it an exciting one where if we fall flat I'm disappointed not pissed off and angry .

Read through this thread when I got home last night. Think some on here must be shareholders in The Haters and haven't got over its gone into administration.
The Haters arms never shuts, has had a lock in going on for years. It even opened for an hour on Saturday. It's akin to the hotel California! Currently there's just the odd one or two in there spitting feathers and talkng to themselves.

At any moment it can spark back to life. The same old, piss soaked regulars singing the same old songs appear from knowhere with a list of moans and demands. They must do a good pint of bitter in there!

The Haters arms never shuts, has had a lock in going on for years. It even opened for an hour on Saturday. It's akin to the hotel California! Currently there's just the odd one or two in there spitting feathers and talkng to themselves.

At any moment it can spark back to life. The same old, piss soaked regulars singing the same old songs appear from knowhere with a list of moans and demands. They must do a good pint of bitter in there!
Reminds me of two things......Mold which keeps coming back no matter what treatment you use.

Japanese soldiers who held out in caves and the jungle long after ww2 ended, think one lasted till 1972