Stoke City v Millwall match thread

First line of this post is bollocks mate
Agree with most of the rest.

You make your own luck in this game and that team earned it.
Defended to a man brilliantly, reduced them to blazing it 50 foot over the bar.
I meant ‘luckiest’ as in we could have got hammered had Stoke had their shooting boots on today. The amount of chances they had was criminal, and some of it was stopped by our superb defence (which I mentioned in my post), and some of it was down to poor play by Stoke!

Just wish we could win without the whole team sweating buckets and tiring themselves out, when we’ve got another hard game coming up on Tuesday!

28% possession, so what?
Cloughie once said, ‘ the only stat that matters is the one at the top’
1-0 that will do for me.
Let’s all enjoy this Saturday night. It does affect how we feel on a Sunday.
The GR juggernaut is building up speed!

I meant ‘luckiest’ as in we could have got hammered had Stoke had their shooting boots on today. The amount of chances they had was criminal, and some of it was stopped by our superb defence (which I mentioned in my post), and some of it was down to poor play by Stoke!

Just wish we could win without the whole team sweating buckets and tiring themselves out, when we’ve got another hard game coming up on Tuesday!
I think if they HAD scored we would have seen different subs.
GR did what he had to do, and we saw the game out.
Promotion teams always have 1-0 away wins to grind out their points total.
Job done. Bring on the next opponents.

28% possession, so what?
Cloughie once said, ‘ the only stat that matters is the one at the top’
1-0 that will do for me.
Let’s all enjoy this Saturday night. It does affect how we feel on a Sunday.
The GR juggernaut is building up speed!
I just offered that stat for information. It shows how toothless Stoke were.
I agree with you. 1-0 to the Lions has a lovely ring to it.

Give it a rest, We scrapped a shithouse win, it's all that matters at this stage of the season. Leave the fault finding for another day, You'd be a bag of laughs if we go up.
We won’t go up if we play like we did today!
And he'll be here with the autopsy and coaching manual open and ready to tell a pro manager what he did wrong. It's not even fucking funny anymore. Gonna log off and punch my cat to celebrate.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

We won’t go up if we play like we did today!
We won't go by scraping a 1-0 away win. You just can't help sticking the boot in. From the minute Rowett arrived you were into him, finding fault in every fucking thing he did with a poor squad which everyone else accepted but supported. You annoying and like a spotty Nigel decided to use a stupid name for him- Drawett.

We get playes in and begin to look a team and you still found fault in a team with next to fuck all to spend whilst we took the scalps are much better equipped sides. Still not good enough.

We hit the play offs and you were still taking them apart and nit picking. Fourth in the league and we win away at a club we never beat on their manor and here you are claiming we won't go up after a win.If you can't enjoy a Wall win then you may as well turn it in for good. Do me a favour and fuck right off and when you get there fuck off some more.

A great win against an bunch of ugly fuckers. Gayle and Smallboner must have escaped from the House of Horrors.
And those two clowns commentating sounded like Father Ted and perma tanned antique sniffer David Dickinson. Had to watch it with the sound turned down.
Love it. Hope the lads enjoyed the win.
COYL.
Watching, I thought Gayle’s appearance repulsed me. He looks like an aborted ginger fetus.

If we beat Marks team on Saturday we're well clear of 7th, bang in the mix and a game in hand. Not one man or his dog (cat for peckham) would've given us a hope in hell being in this position with 13 left to play. We've been grinding out results left right and centre of late and I'm proud of every single person, and management team, that has helped us push for a playoff spot. Fans (most) are right behind the whole team. Recruitment has been fucking brilliant these past 2 seasons, especially this season. Missed the game today due to playing myself (not with myself) but already have the Norwich tickets. GR has been outstanding, team have been outstanding, chairman precisely the same. Millwall F.C I fucking love you. Here's to a great evening with some beer flowing. Thank you, and goodnight.

Next.

What people forget is, it's the championship every match you've got to give 100% if you don't the Wigan and Rotherhams can beat you, Do people think luton , Sunderland and the rest of the play off hopefuls had easy games they would have just as hard games as us.
Let's get behind the team and enjoy the ride and who knows poor little old millwall might just surprise a few of you. Coyl

A great win against an bunch of ugly fuckers. Gayle and Smallboner must have escaped from the House of Horrors.
And those two clowns commentating sounded like Father Ted and perma tanned antique sniffer David Dickinson. Had to watch it with the sound turned down.
Love it. Hope the lads enjoyed the win.
COYL.
why did you have stoke commentary? I had ours

If we beat Marks team on Saturday we're well clear of 7th, bang in the mix and a game in hand. Not one man or his dog (cat for peckham) would've given us a hope in hell being in this position with 13 left to play. We've been grinding out results left right and centre of late and I'm proud of every single person, and management team, that has helped us push for a playoff spot. Fans (most) are right behind the whole team. Recruitment has been fucking brilliant these past 2 seasons, especially this season. Missed the game today due to playing myself (not with myself) but already have the Norwich tickets. GR has been outstanding, team have been outstanding, chairman precisely the same. Millwall F.C I fucking love you. Here's to a great evening with some beer flowing. Thank you, and goodnight.

Next.
Top post. Very true what you say. I was just happy to get the points to be safe for another season never mind get to where we are. Fucking love this club.