Stoke City v Millwall match thread

Lets enjoy today first eh! Was never going to be pretty, this team has a raging Lion pumping through it veins. Absolutely elated with that today.
Don’t get me wrong - loved the win and glad we won! Would have taken a point all day before kick off! Players however make it so hard and tiring on themselves, constantly hoofing balls away to the opposition who come at them again and we rinse and repeat! Our players need to dictate the speed and pace of the game, not the opposition!
If we go up Peckham this place will have to be shut down, the embarrassing comments by the armchair managers and coaches if we ain’t top after 7 games will be off the scale compared to now 🤣🤣🤷‍♂️
End of the day, had Stoke’s forwards been on their game, we’d have lost! Our midfield gave them too much time on the ball (which thankfully they wasted), and they tired themselves out because they couldn’t keep the ball (too much head tennis from us), and we didn’t dictate the play to Stoke!

Don’t get me wrong - loved the win and glad we won! Would have taken a point all day before kick off! Players however make it so hard and tiring on themselves, constantly hoofing balls away to the opposition who come at them again and we rinse and repeat! Our players need to dictate the speed and pace of the game, not the opposition!

End of the day, had Stoke’s forwards been on their game, we’d have lost! Our midfield gave them too much time on the ball (which thankfully they wasted), and they tired themselves out because they couldn’t keep the ball (too much head tennis from us), and we didn’t dictate the play to Stoke!
Give it a rest, We scrapped a shithouse win, it's all that matters at this stage of the season. Leave the fault finding for another day, You'd be a bag of laughs if we go up.

That has to be the luckiest win of the season!

Defence was superb today, but again, 2nd half, midfield were too wasteful with the ball. If Stoke had taken their chances in both halves, we would have lost this, and probably quite heavily!

Only one shot in the 2nd half - from Bradshaw - tells the tale.

Christ, this has to be the classic case of..."you thought you had farted, but when you looked, you had shit yourself..."

Fuck me, we won..!! We might play great, do all the things you want next game, and still lose.

:grinning:

We were never going to dictate the play with the amount of quality available ( bar Flemming) to GR today.

We fielded a team of grafters and Stokes forwards weren’t allowed to be on their game.
Long didn’t have a save to make. A dogged ugly away win. What’s not to like.

Just seen the goal, nicely put away by Flemming but a great tackle by saville to start the move.
Yes, I thought so too.

Well played by the ref. Most of the wet drip refs these days would have pulled that tackle back for a foul. Their player looked like one of those Burnley types. Slithering around like slug.